Thread: Races

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Races

I was browsing through that HUGE post regarding all the info recopilated thus far, but its a bit inconsistent regarding WHAT RACES will be playable.

is it just gonna be humans? or is there room for more? can all races be all classes? I even visited the main site and while they have extensive info on the classes, planets, factions, ships, companions, ect, there's no mention of races anywhere at all.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I was browsing through that HUGE post regarding all the info recopilated thus far, but its a bit inconsistent regarding WHAT RACES will be playable.

is it just gonna be humans? or is there room for more? can all races be all classes? I even visited the main site and while they have extensive info on the classes, planets, factions, ships, companions, ect, there's no mention of races anywhere at all.
    i dont think this is breaking nda since they put in on twitter so ill bite...
    human
    chiss
    rattatakki
    miraluka
    twi'lek
    sith pureblood
    Mirialans
    zabrak

i think thats all of em, cyborgs was one of em but apparently they got cut because people thought it was stupid so it will most likely be an option after you pick your race
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

i dont think this is breaking nda since they put in on twitter so ill bite...
    human
    chiss
    rattatakki
    miraluka
    twi'lek
    sith pureblood
    Mirialans
    zabrak
    thanks, but.......... I thought I had a somewhat half-decent knowledge of Star Wars lore...... U_U is it sad that I actually only know only 4 of those races? (Humans and twiileks of course, along with Milarukas from KOTOR 2 and Zabraks from episode 1) I've never heard of the others before..........

Sith get Humans, Sith Purebloods, Chiss, Rattatakki, Twi'lek and Zabrak.

Republic get Humans, Mirialan, Miraluka, Twi'lek and Zabrak.

Cyborgs have been mentioned but no ones really sure with the NDA in place. If they are in, I'd assume they'd be available for both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, but.......... I thought I had a somewhat half-decent knowledge of Star Wars lore...... U_U is it sad that I actually only know only 4 of those races? (Humans and twiileks of course, along with Milarukas from KOTOR 2 and Zabraks from episode 1) I've never heard of the others before..........
    Rattatakki
    Mirilian
    sith pureblood
    Chiss

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 12:49 AM ----------

Dont let Ixator hear you dont know who the Chiss are, he might get offended

for some reason the Chiss remind me way too much of the Na'vi from Avatar.

I know I know, they probably pre-date that movie by at least a decade (Star Wars expanded universe being well over 40 years old and all that) but still :P blue skin, hard to not think of a Na'vi when looking at them. Bet you 50 bucks 8 out of 10 Chiss will be named after Na'vi characters from Avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I know, they probably pre-date that movie by at least a decade
    almost 2 decades actually, i dont really see many people playing chiss as navi, VERY different culture and the only real thing they have in common is being a shade of blue

Check out PC Gamer UK, May 2011 photo. It has race/class combinations table.

Here's to hoping for a cool new race for launch. The ones shown so far are just so boring.

TR - Trooper, SM - Smuggler, JK - Jedi Knight, JC - Jedi Consular
    BH - Bount Hunter, IA - Imperial Agent, SW - Sith Warrior, SI - Sith Inquisitor.

Human - ALL
    Mirialans - JC SM JK TR
    Miraluka - JK JC
    Twi'lek - SM JC SI JK - Stephen Reid
    Sith Pureblood - SW SI - Darth Hater
    Zabraks - TR JK SI BH JC - BH Zabrak in current build but not confirmed by Bioware
    Rattataki - BH SI
    Chiss - IA BH

This is the race/class combination that's known so far, as displayed here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...496756#anchor6

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    Human - Every Class
    Zabrak - Every Class
    Cyborg - Every Class minus both Jedi classes and Sith inquisitors
    Twi-lek - Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Inquisitor
    Miraluka - Knight, Consular
    Mirilian - Every Republic Class
    Rattataki - Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Inquisitor
    Chiss - Bounty hunter and Imperial Agent
    Sith pureblood - Warrior, Inquisitor
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

15+ Year Old Account
    for some reason the Chiss remind me way too much of the Na'vi from Avatar.

I know I know, they probably pre-date that movie by at least a decade (Star Wars expanded universe being well over 40 years old and all that) but still :P blue skin, hard to not think of a Na'vi when looking at them. Bet you 50 bucks 8 out of 10 Chiss will be named after Na'vi characters from Avatar.
    make that 2 decades.. and also Avatar is only Pocahantas in space :/
    Ah kids these days..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    make that 2 decades.. and also Avatar is only Pocahantas in space :/
    Ah kids these days..
    yeah, avatar was a gorgeous looking movie, but it was nowhere near a revolutionary movie.

on topic, there may always be more races, as animations for players are based off of class and not race, to make sure all of clashes work properly.

Chiss was the race of Grand Admiral Thrawn. That will probably tell you right away.
    Sith pureblood you can see in the holocron on the main website about the history predating the game.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Anyone know the name of the green alien Jedi Master in episode 3, with tentacles on his head that went with Mace Windu (and someone else) to "arrest" Palpatine? I believe Palpatine cut his head off. I can't remember his name for the life of me, and that's my absolute favorite race.

Anyone remember the name of that race? It's not twi'lek.

Sith Inquisitor twi'lek, here I go

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Anyone know the name of the green alien Jedi Master in episode 3, with tentacles on his head that went with Mace Windu (and someone else) to "arrest" Palpatine? I believe Palpatine cut his head off. I can't remember his name for the life of me, and that's my absolute favorite race.

That guy? Not available.

You thought you knew Star Wars but never heard of Grand Admiral Thrawn? Or the Sith Race? Or seen any of the Clone Wars material? HRMPH I say! HRMPH!

Quote Originally Posted by BM-Hunter View Post
    Human - Every Class
    Zabrak - Every Class
    Cyborg - Every Class minus both Jedi classes and Sith inquisitors
    Twi-lek - Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Inquisitor
    Miraluka - Knight, Consular
    Mirilian - Every Republic Class
    Rattataki - Bounty Hunter, Imperial Agent, Inquisitor
    Chiss - Bounty hunter and Imperial Agent
    Sith pureblood - Warrior, Inquisitor
    I'm going to quote this for great justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Sith Inquisitor twi'lek, here I go

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 03:45 PM ----------

That guy? Not available.
    Yeh him. i know it's not available... I just hope they implement them sooner or later. I'm tired of all these races looking too human.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post

there are some character's who's race has never been stated. I could be wrong but I don't think they've stated what race master Yoda is.

A shame that is, play that race when available, I will =)