Deleted

Random email registration

So not technically a computer problem but thought this would be the most appropriate forum to ask for advice.

I logged on today and checked my emails only to find that i'd received 2 emails confirming my registration to some wierd site that i've never visited, i've scanned my computer with spybot/malwarebytes and security essentials and it's found nothing. The thing confusing me is that this website included my "fluff" username that i just use on websites that i dont really care about or plan on visiting again. I went to the site (there was no viruses there that i knew of and have scanned comp again to make sure) to try and log in because i was seriously confused and the login details worked so it couldn't have been a coincidence and someone must've actually created that account.

Who could have done it? Noone else uses my computer but me, could one of these other websites that i just use this username for have created the account or given away my information or something? The only thing i'm really worried about is my email being hacked, i dont use the same password for it and as i said i scanned my comp and found nothing but i'm just worried that they could have my details somehow because i'm really struggling to understand why they'd register me for some random site.

Deleted
    Perhaps the site that made the account without your knowing is some kind of daughter-company of a site you use...?