Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    I don't get this problem at all... The EU knew the financial problems of Greece when they allowed them to join the EU.
    If a fault was made anywhere, it's back then, not now. Maybe the EU screwed itself, but they have to deal with it. (I'm not greece btw, I'm from Holland).
    I think we should help Greece though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oniax View Post
    I think we should help Greece though.
    Bailouts will not help Greece in the long run. Greece is fiscally beyond the point of return. The only question is: in what form will it default?

The Berlin airlift anyone? wiki it if you have never heard of it.
    Germany is the economic powerhouse behind Europe. Take away France, the UK or any other EU country and Europe as a market will continue to grow.
    Take away Germany and it will start to shrink.

This is an Englishman with a little power enjoying the feeling of a misguided "I told you so".
    When he mentioned the spilling of blood I actually felt sorry for him as he clearly missed out on his true calling of being a drama lama.

Lastly, as a rule of thumb, if you ever hear a speaker using an analogy, they either don't understand what they are saying or they are lying.

I dont really get all the german hate... just because they have a bad history and overcame it... just because they have a bad history they cant make money peacefully?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I dont really get all the german hate... just because they have a bad history and overcame it... just because they have a bad history they cant make money peacefully?
    No one is hating Germany.

It's just a phase it will pass in a few years anyway. I actually enjoy such ridiculous statements, it always makes me chuckle. My great grandfather fought an unjust war ,so I must be one of the most evil beings on earth. Priceless ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It's just a phase it will pass in a few years anyway. I actually enjoy such ridiculous statements, it always makes me chuckle. My great grandfather fought an unjust war ,so I must be one of the most evil beings on earth. Priceless ;P
    yea and i dont see germany being very nationalistic... but maybe that just where i am coming from... We imposed stricter border control and Germany told us to step it down a notch and it being a little too extreme... Then you know something is wrong xD

Hahahaha.
    UKIP?!
    Are you fucking kidding man?
    You can't listen to a racist party seriously.

PS: You know why Germany rules Europe? If it weren't for Germany's economic support we'd be 10 times more fucked than we already are.

Euro politics.

/popcorn

Amazing, simply amazing speech. I'm out of words ! Talk about hitting the nail right on !

I'm Danish and I have no hate for our neighbors, Germany, for what they did to my country in the past.
    But this man is right on in so many ways.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2011-11-20 at 03:01 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Amazing, simply amazing speech. I'm out of words ! Talk about hitting the nail right on !

I'm Danish and I have no hate for our neighbors, Germany, for what they did to my country in the past.
    But this man is right on in so many ways.
    Then again, they went easy on us... just wanted us to get to norway

Deleted
    Then again, they went easy on us... just wanted us to get to norway
    He is not hating Germany. He's simply saying that he doesn't want one nation to control the fate of all European nations - and he also said that Merkel didn't want that role herself either.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    He is not hating Germany. He's simply saying that he doesn't want one nation to control the fate of all European nations - and he also said that Merkel didn't want that role herself either.
    im talking to the guy i quoted not the vidoe, i was just pointing out why he might not have the same prejudice as others

Deleted
    The fact that those people don't have the choice. The Greek and Italian people can either suck it up, face austerity measures and take the money the EU(which gets it out of China mostly) gives them - thus saving them for now and working on reducing the insane deficits that they have.

Or they can be whiny about it and refuse to accept any measures - then they can default, and not get anything because what they are getting now: all the pensions and social benefits, all come from debt.

The people are not being dictated anything, they are whiners without any basic economic knowledge. Greeks have a productivity much lower the european average, yet their benefits are so generous - because irresponsible governments make populist decisions and the people swallow them. Now when its actually time to get living like normal - people somehow want a choice? Damn whiners

I think it might be better for Euros to be done away with, so that the countries that have bad financial policy don't drag down everyone else.