Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes, I'm saying that classification doesn't exist in the perceptions of open-minded people not interested in pointless divisions. Marketing is irrelevant here.
    To be honest as open minded you might be it exists wether you like it or not. Just like in WoW there are casuals and raiders and Hardcore raiders. As much as you dont like it Classifications exist in games out of games and in real life, Denie it all you want but its there.

Yes, I'm saying that graphics past a certain point don't mean anything (a constantly variable point), especially within context. IGN explains better here: wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212229p1.html
    That is on a case to case basis, I perfer hyper realistic graphics pushing the edge of whats possible. Its why despite the lackluster singleplayer in crysis i still enjoyed every minute of it. Nintendos subpar graphics do not do it for me, If a game has shity graphics it has to be a very good game to hook me, its personal prefrence.

You don't even know how much the controller weighs, what anyone's going to do with it, or if it's even final. I'm saying both you and him are pointlessly judgmental of something that isn't even out yet. I don't expect faith. I expect reason.
    Have you ever held a Duke controller? Im sure the Wii u is bigger, I didnt like the Duke and im 95% sure i wont like it. I dont like bigass controllers, I dont like the wii mote. I dont like the motion shit wether its wii ps3 or xbox. I want a regular dual analog controller without gimicks.

Imagine if console developers had asked themselves, "Do you REALLY need an analog stick on the control pad?" Innovation comes from people taking chances, and this is certainly a chance. At least give it a shot before you write it off completely.
    I gave it a chance with the Wii and it bombed for me. They lost my faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I can't help but believe that you're going to be missing out. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    To be honest as open minded you might be it exists wether you like it or not. Just like in WoW there are casuals and raiders and Hardcore raiders. As much as you dont like it Classifications exist in games out of games and in real life, Denie it all you want but its there.

That is on a case to case basis, I perfer hyper realistic graphics pushing the edge of whats possible. Its why despite the lackluster singleplayer in crysis i still enjoyed every minute of it. Nintendos subpar graphics do not do it for me, If a game has shity graphics it has to be a very good game to hook me, its personal prefrence.

Have you ever held a Duke controller? Im sure the Wii u is bigger, I didnt like the Duke and im 95% sure i wont like it. I dont like bigass controllers, I dont like the wii mote. I dont like the motion shit wether its wii ps3 or xbox. I want a regular dual analog controller without gimicks.

I don't personally believe in either that classification (mostly because it leaves out large swathes of 'new' gamers as a means of subconscious superiority, but whatever) or the necessity of hyper-realistic graphics (I'll admit, I like them, in certain contexts), but really, that's just me, I guess. About the controller, I'm honestly not all that confident in it without seeing what they could do with it. I'd rather have motion controls keep evolving, with controllers as alternate control schemes. Calling them gimmicks is ignoring some damn fine experiences that just wouldn't have been possible without them.

Here's what I posted in the Skyward Sword megathread, specifically in relation to the Wii and motion controls:

The Wii has disappointed me (a lot), but I wouldn't say it's a bad console either. It was an unfortunate console. Nobody ever really got the motion controls right, and even a lot of the first-party games just showed it as a gimmick. (Twilight Princess was the most unfortunate offender. The sword swinging was a gimmick tacked on to a GCN game that should've stayed a GCN game.) This led a bunch of others into thinking that that was all a Wii game had to be to sell well. Another review put this more poignantly, but if Skyward Sword had been the first Wii Zelda instead of Twilight Princess, and had released 4 or 5 years ago instead, we'd probably be singing a different tune about the console and motion controls.
    Last edited by Caiada; 2011-11-19 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    I don't personally believe in either that classification (mostly because it leaves out large swathes of 'new' gamers as a means of subconscious superiority, but whatever) or the necessity of hyper-realistic graphics (I'll admit, I like them, in certain contexts), but really, that's just me, I guess. About the controller, I'm honestly not all that confident in it without seeing what they could do with it. I'd rather have motion controls keep evolving, with controllers as alternate control schemes. Calling them gimmicks is ignoring some damn fine experiences that just wouldn't have been possible without them.
    Id rather have Controller Be the main Controll scheme and Motion controls being the alternate, I dont like being forced to use a control scheme i dislike in order to play a game. I only bought games on the Wii that i could use the cube controller because all the other ones felt subpar due to the control scheme.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Imagine if console developers had asked themselves, "Do you REALLY need an analog stick on the control pad?" Innovation comes from people taking chances, and this is certainly a chance. At least give it a shot before you write it off completely.
    I just don't see it yet. :/ I mean, the Wii was great, but I really don't want to pay extra for that when getting the console. :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    And this is their problem. Wii was, imo, a disaster with a bunch of games that had no quality control failing to make use of what made it different.

My understanding of the Wii U is it's power is going to be slightly better than the PS3. That is still ancient in terms of computing. When the next sony and microsoft system launches the Wii U will be left in the dust with no legitimate developers wasting time on dropping their game down just so it fits on a console that isn't being designed for gamers.
    whats your point? nintendo release a console every 5-6 years for the past 20 odd years. It looks like sony and microsoft will release one when Wii U will be half way through its life cycle. So that 2-3 years being more advanced then we get another nintendo console.

pc gamers dont complain that a new gfx card which is more advanced and costs more than a brand new console is only the top dog for maybe 3-6 months.. NOT YEARS. why should console gamers care if something is X amount more "powerful"

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 11:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    I, personally, welcome the death of consoles. Over the last month or two I've played three games that were released on console (BF3, Sonic Generations, Skyrim) only my PC has better performance and I can still use my XBox 360 gamepad. The longer console companies wait to release their next gen, the more people will realize the gloriousness of PC gaming.
    ah well console got batman, zelda, and COD which is far better because the pc servers are shit. I hate to admit it but BF3 sucked on PC... probably did on consoles too. CoD easily the best fps imo this year.. and i hate it.

When all is said and done I like good games, graphics is a pathetic crutch to lure people in, but it is aesthetics that truly make people look at games with awe unless you make a game such as the original Crysis or BF3 to where the whole point is a giant technology push, all the rest of these "realistic" looking games aren't very realistic at all and it is the games that do more than just make things shiny that stand the test of time. Now if nintendo can create a better online environment and force third party games to actually make something worthy to be played than the Wii U can dominate, or it will be like the Wii again where nintendo makes amazing games with a few good third party titles and guess what ? They still win. I play for fun, if nintendo does fun, which is what they do more then the other console makers (imo) then I will always buy their systems, that's just how it's going to be.

To people who just don't like that kind of entertainment, it is your loss, in the meantime I will be playing all the "hardcore" games while also playing nintendo and in the end get a fuller gaming experience.

Yeah more games!!!! x3.