10+ Year Old Account

I need a programing challenge.

To begin, I will tell a bit about my programing past.
    I started learning basic about 3 years ago, did that for a year. Then I taught myself c++ from a book and (as compared to my CMPT 101 class) I am capable of programing in it at an outstanding level. In my CMPT 101 class I have a 99% average and I have finished the remainder of the labs for the year (4 labs, 3 hours each) in one of the labs were I got bored. I prefer to do math based programs but I can do other stuff aswell. Bottom line: I'm bored and want a problem that will challenge what skills I have, any able to make one or direct me to where I can find one.

what I am able to do:
    -multi-dimensional matricies (or however you spell it), done up to a 3 dimensional
    -adding colour to the text in console
    -statistices analysis
    -basic rock, paper, scissors game in the console
    -random number generation analysis
    -base conversion
    -exception handling (on an exceptional level harhar)
    -boolean logic
    Last edited by Rakeer; 2011-11-19 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    Cmpt 102
    I'm going into 103 next year
    maybe a major in CS software stream, not sure.
    but thats a long ways away and im bored now : /

When I was into programming I made a handful of projects for myself. I wrote a RPG, hotel front desk app, few of us got together and decided to write our own sort function. Wound up being a lot of little stuff that we would take back to our CS teacher to critique. Some stuff he liked alot for creative thinking and other things he just sort of chuckled and explained to us we pretty much went out of our way to make something far more complicated than was necessary.

The best things are the stuff that holds your interest though. If you don't care about something it becomes a chore, but if you're going to finish it even if it kills everyone in the room you're going to work it out.

u should try this assignment that i did my second year of college(im a senior in computer science) it should be fun to do since its OOP and alot of dynamic allocation

here is the link to the Write up i had

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~myers/cop3330/hw/hw05.html

hope this helps if u dont know OOP ill try to find something else

10+ Year Old Account
    Object oreintation? I've dabbled in it, nothing too major. I'll check out the problem. Thanks.