Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    The reasoning is laziness. Combat feels clunky to people because they have to auto attack themselves due to GCD and attack animations. People who don't understand their class and it's abilities just fumble around, spamming the free attack and trying to mix in abilities. I saw it in PVP constantly when I was in beta. People literally just stand there and not attack you because they are waiting to use one ability. Those are the people who think it's clunky.
    The mod just warned about crapping up the thread a few posts above dude. "Laziness" is not why I found the combat in this game lacking. It was predictable and average. There wasn't any real in depth complexity or need to worry too much about what your skills are That said, the combat is not consistent from one class to the next either. Normally if I like the combat in a game I will enjoy most of the classes and play as many as I can. In this game I really got bored with a couple of them, giving me a bad impression. then I did Bounty Hunter and had a decently good time with it for a while.

How about the game just isn't fun for some people and it is for others, and that's pretty much why people need to try it out on their own? The upcoming stress test has over 1 million keys out there, it shouldn't be too hard for people to get into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Why is it is not fluid just because there is no auto attack? I don't understand people who say this. Is it because you can't afk while attacking a mob, and you have to give a little more effort to kill a target now?
    People just say it because they don't know what it means and feels like its the appropriate thing to say when bashing a game. They just throw garbage around acting like they know what they are saying.

The game is pretty fluid, and its STILL IN THE BETA. I like to emphasize that because everyone is expecting a finished product for some odd reason. Are kids these days unaware that a beta is there to just test the game and find its faults? I FOUND A PROBLEM IN THE BETA SO THAT MEANS THE GAME SUCKS BECAUSE BETAS ARE THE REAL GAME.

/cry... Also I love the kid asking why they went with Star Wars and not mass effect. Umm, the KOTOR series was AMAZINGLY popular, more than ME was. So they picked a series that was REALLY popular and made it into an MMO. That is exactly what WoW did. So, using your logic... why didn't Blizzard make a Diablo MMO instead?

This game is still unfinished, and unpolished... but it is still beta. The reason I am loving this game because it has been the best beta experience I have ever had. From absolutely no lag to 100% FULL SERVERS and no graphical glitches other than the occasional unskinned helmet that might appear... this game is great. People complaining about 'clunky' combat is ridiculous. Everything has an animation to it and its all strung together. You aren't sliding across the ground looking retarded. You aren't twitching around when hitting different buttons. I'm sorry if you keyboard turn and the camera doesn't follow you appropriately. I'm sorry if you're horrible and spam the 'auto attack' replacement expecting for awesomeness. I'm sorry that you expect to see 'fluid' animations without using abilities... maybe the game is better off without you whiners.

I'm glad people dislike the game. They can stay in WoW and not carebear-up this new MMO. This isn't a flame or anything, but I honestly hate the MAJORITY of the population in WoW because they want everything handed to them and things to be excessively easy. There is no reason anymore for people to improve when gear just falls from the heavens and lands in your inventory. So the game gets easier and easier and people get worse and worse... its a giant snowball effect and you can see it today. I want that all to stay in WoW personally.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSandweech View Post
    You are REALLY arrogant if you think you'd know more about the combat system through watching a stupid video rather than someone who has actually played the game.

Combat is clunky. You'll see if you buy the game. Stop being so dense.
    Great argument there. Excluding the fact that 2/3 of the people trying to ascertain why you feel it is clunky have actually been in Beta and have come away with the precise opposite opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are REALLY arrogant if you think you'd know more about the combat system through watching a stupid video rather than someone who has actually played the game.

Unfortunately I have played the game and Combat is not clunky. You're really arrogant to presume that you can tell us what is and what isn't without even bothering to clarify what exactly about your experience you felt was clunky.

And there was another beta tester that replied to your comment saying that combat wasn't clunky. What are you trying to prove? That people who played beta and disagree are all wrong?
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 08:59 PM ----------

"All of us?" I am an experienced beta tester, and I verify OP's post. Combat in SW:TOR sucks since it's not fluid, and is boring due to the lack of proc abilities (proc abilities are something like a warrior's overpower in WoW.)
    Also, lack of proc abilities? Looks like you only got to the 20s and stopped. There are LOTS of things that proc and you need to use appropriately in order to maximize dps and energy regen. You are not an 'experienced' beta tester because you obviously missed all of these things that are currently implemented in the game. Combat in TOR is nearly identical to WoW, except things have MORE ANIMATIONS. WoW is the same thing over and over. You get hit and you flinch. You dodge and you just somehow step back an inch with one foot. Thats about it. In TOR, you have different animations for different classes for different things happening. You're just mad that this is actually a STEP UP from what you're used to. Please stay in WoW. We don't want you and your 'experience' in this game.

---------- Post added 2011-11-20 at 08:59 PM ----------

"All of us?" I am an experienced beta tester, and I verify OP's post. Combat in SW:TOR sucks since it's not fluid, and is boring due to the lack of proc abilities (proc abilities are something like a warrior's overpower in WoW.)
    I'm an experienced beta tester as well. I disagree with the combat being clunky and this is being said as unbiased for I am no fanboy of SW.

The reasoning for the "clunky" feel by some is explained by me in a previous post on the page. Feel free to disagree just because you'll feel insulted but the truth stings the eyes a bit. Also, you're allowed to dislike the combat but disregarding anyone who disagrees with you as arrogant is a bit wild.

10+ Year Old Account

Unfortunately for you, I saw your trooper "rotation" on the sw:tor forums and it doesn't surprise me you thought the experience was boring. You left out so many abilities (including rail shot and grav round) its not really surprising you found it boring. If all I did was cast arcane blast 24/7 I would find it boring to. Hell I did in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I'm an experienced beta tester as well. I disagree with the combat being clunky and this is being said as unbiased for I am no fanboy of SW.

The reasoning for the "clunky" feel by some is explained by me in a previous post on the page. Feel free to disagree just because you'll feel insulted but the truth stings the eyes a bit. Also, you're allowed to dislike the combat but disregarding anyone who disagrees with you as arrogant is a bit wild.
    Welcome to the WoW community! They want to believe that their word is law and if anyone disagrees, they are wrong. What happened to having open discussions? Can't we just talk about the game? Sure there are some flaws, its not perfect... BUT ITS THE DAMN BETA. Its like attempting to drive a car before the interior was finished and complaining about comfort. You're judging the end product before its even finished, which is about as ignorant as it gets -and on top of that, you're telling everything they are wrong because they have a different opinion than you. C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    I agree with everything that is said. Unfortunately, I don't see any future MMOs coming out with the polish and shine that Blizzard games all come out with.
    Because everyone else puts release dates on things, and rushes content to match the expected dates.
    As we all know, blizzard doesn't do that. The games come out "when they are ready" which is why they have that spit shine polish on em'

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Because everyone else puts release dates on things, and rushes content to match the expected dates.
    As we all know, blizzard doesn't do that. The games come out "when they are ready" which is why they have that spit shine polish on em'
    Completely ignoring the fact that when WoW shipped, it suffered from crippling server lag, ludicrous wait times, bugged boats and zeppelins that would randomly end up floating in the middle of Stonetalon, and plethora of other bugs that were huge, but not completely gamebreaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Completely ignoring the fact that when WoW shipped, it suffered from crippling server lag, ludicrous wait times, bugged boats and zeppelins that would randomly end up floating in the middle of Stonetalon, and plethora of other bugs that were huge, but not completely gamebreaking.
    ToR will have FAR less growing pains that vanilla at release I can tell you that right now. It will be far easier to stick with ToR and its growing pains than what I had to put up with for vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an experienced beta tester, and I verify OP's post. Combat in SW:TOR sucks since it's not fluid, and is boring due to the lack of proc abilities (proc abilities are something like a warrior's overpower in WoW.)
    You mean like Riposte or Rail Shot?

Stop trolling please.

To be honest I thought the game felt way more polished than other MMO's (especially betas) that I have played (excluding wow obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    And we're done here. I'll go back later to find infraction worthy posts later.
    I highly encourage you all to stop the baseless bashing without backing it up, posting off topic, and responding to trolls. Report and move on.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net