Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

undead paladins...why not?

with class/race combos being changed a lot of doors have been opened but the one thing i think got overlooked is undead paladins. after all forsaken were once human but were changed to zombies during the plague if i remember correctly and if youve ever played a paladin in wrath and have died in icecrown you know that paladins are not special from other classes. and besides cowadins make as much sense lorewise as an orc priest and im just racist against blood elves, so if the day ever comes when i can play a forsaken paladin i would drop my human in an instant

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead Paladins are pretty Much just Deathknights

ummm...holy deathknight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights are undead and Paladin are more like light worshipers so it wouldn't work out.
    For the Horde!

so how does a holy undead priest make sense then?
    Last edited by batman13cr; 2011-11-27 at 10:18 PM.

Undead paladins would require the light to bestow its power on Evil Undead, which isn't going to happen.

inb4 "undead holy preists" they are only holy by gameplay mechanic, lorewise they are shadowpriests.

Quote Originally Posted by batman13cr View Post
    sigh too late.. people that don't understand difference between lore and gameplay mechanics irritate me.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-11-20 at 05:32 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I love the Undead, they are the precise opposite of the entire "worship the Light/bend the Light to your will" that Paladins are supposed to embody.

Also, the Undead are only evil to the Alliance. They may be considered freakish by most of the remainder of the Horde, and Garrosh seems to despise the living daylights out of them (pun not intended but wtf-ever). Still, I love the Undead.
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2011-11-20 at 05:32 AM.

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure. Ask Blizzard for your questions, because I usually play the game for fun.
    For the Horde!

From a Lore perspective, an undead should not be able to wield the light. (Priests were only able to be shadow etc) as using the light physically hurts the undead. Obviously in wow they could not just make a race unable to go holy priest/Disc. But I think making them able to go a class that is essentially based around the light, and that holds the light in some sort of reverence would be a bit too far of a stretch.

The only way i'd like to really see it is if they were given some sort of "Corrupted" light, something unholy (Think of the undead pallies in icecrown near the Argent Vanguard) That could make it viable.

But yeah, from a lore perspective they are prob the second least likely race to become pallies, after Goblins :P. Though if they were to b introduced i'd imagine the story would be something based around a Pally dying, being resurrected and holding his faith in the light even in undeath or something like that.
    Who knows, we've seen stranger things.

so the forsaken arent "holy roller" enough to be paladins but can heal through shadow? I think were just making stuff up now

No, in lore the priests were not healers. At all. Through shadow or otherwise.

A Paladin is a champion of the Light. You can't be that when you're dead.

Tauren "Paladins" are Sunwalkers. They're only classified as Paladins for gameplay.

Only a select few Forsaken can still invoke the Light, and it is both painful to do so and causes them to regain some of their senses, horrifying them further of what they've become.

so the forsaken arent "holy roller" enough to be paladins but can heal through shadow? I think were just making stuff up now
    How does this concept confuse you? Really?

Sometimes mankind, you disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    No, in lore the priests were not healers. At all. Through shadow or otherwise.
    Actually they were, they performed "Shadow-mending"
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Find out why the Forsaken are called 'Forsaken' and you will understand how idiotic Undead Paladins are.

cookie man say no!

i realize i may be overly justifying the possibility because i want a horde paladin that can fit through doors and not look metro but i think if dwarf shaman are possible then maybe anythings possible (holds breath)

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead and other beings that were raised as slaves to the Lich King = Death Knights
    Holy blessed beings and other holy worshipers = Paladins
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    Find out why the Forsaken are called 'Forsaken' and you will understand how idiotic Undead Paladins are.
    I know I know! It's because they are forsaken! Do I get a cookie? =))))

Because its stupid? It just doesnt make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    wow is finnish lore is died

Not really but in lore most undead priests are shadow.