Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing that people in this thread think they have the ability to tell Blizzard what the lore is. I don't understand this fixation with keeping lore exactly the way it was perceived back in the RTS days. There's no reason why lore can't be expanded upon and added to without "destroying" it. Whether or not you like/think it's appropriate is irrelevant. Blizzard has stated such and such is so, therefore, according to real, official lore, it is so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    I find it amusing that people in this thread think they have the ability to tell Blizzard what the lore is. I don't understand this fixation with keeping lore exactly the way it was perceived back in the RTS days. There's no reason why lore can't be expanded upon and added to without "destroying" it. Whether or not you like/think it's appropriate is irrelevant. Blizzard has stated such and such is so, therefore, according to real, official lore, it is so.
    I have to agree.

For me, it's not so much the changing of the lore that I don't like, it's the more ridiculous turns (I still don't understand Goblin Shamans). In this case, a Forsaken Paladin doesn't completely contradict the world as they've laid it out, it's just that they are so few (the only one I know of for certain is Sir Zeliek) that they don't make sense as a player combination choice.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    suuuuuuure

DK or stay alive

Deleted
    Well, I believe undead palas would make much more sense than tauren paladins. How I see it? It's like those mobs in icecrown, who are casting "unholy light" and think they had avengers shield as well. Blizz developers could just make them like that. Rename all holy/sacred/divine abilities to their lexical opposites and make these palas use shadow instead of light. That's it - problem solved. And yeah, undead paladin is kind of deathknight, but at the moment dks are more like disease carriers if you ask me

Maybe the Cult of Forgotten Shadow created a knighthood of lightslayers devoted to Sylvanas rather than the Holy Light.
    They'd probably use ablities like Slayer's Verdict, Divine Shadow, and Shield of the Forsaken.
    But it'd probably be Templar's Verdict, Divine Light and Shield of the Righteous for gameplay purposes.

Deleted
    Would love to be Undead holy paladin.

I agree with Sword of Light and makes sense that if undead priests use shadow instead of holy, so it would make sense that undead paladins also used it, or some variation of it.
    Blood Elves extracted and used the light of M'uru in order to get paladin powers, so maybe undead Paladins could extract the corrupted void energy of Entropius and use it for their retribution :>.xD
    Last edited by Madness20; 2011-11-24 at 01:09 PM.

undead..

race can be a priest? tick.
    race can be a warrior? tick.

put them together? YOU GOT YOURSELF A PALADIN!

Deleted
    Undead Paladin casts Exorcism!
    *Undead Paladin burns his hand off and loses the ability to use 2h weapons!*

Only kidding, I'd rather not see undead paladins. I can tolerate Blood Elf paladins to a certain degree, cows are pushing it but undead? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must say couple of things here.
    First: If Blizzard wants undead paladins, they will get an excuse for it. They will make up the lore.

Secondly: I want to talk about the _term_ paladin.

Paladin is: "Paladins are the virtuous defenders of the weak and tireless, unfaltering enemies of the undead."
    And: "The paladin is a "warrior of the Holy Light". They uphold all that is good and true in the world and revile all that is evil and sinister — especially undead and the Burning Legion"

( http://www.wowwiki.com/Paladin )

I really think, if Forsaken would have a "paladin" like class. It would not be called paladin. Why? Cause Paladins kill undead.
    Paladin _Term_ really can't be used with Forsaken.

Cause the Forsaken means also: "Forsaken have abandoned the light. However some are still able to channel it. "
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Forsaken

So as Forsaken you have abandoned light.
    And even if you would be, Plate wearing Forsaken, who are able to channel Light. You would _NOT_ be called Paladin.
    You would be Forsaken _knight_(or similiar), which can use light. But not a Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirrachus View Post

Only kidding, I'd rather not see undead paladins. I can tolerate Blood Elf paladins to a certain degree, cows are pushing it but undead? No thanks.
    And I must agree. :3

Forsaken Priests, from a lore point of view, already suffer tremendously while healing, and the thing about Priests is that they dont always have to be 'holy' at all times.
    In fact all undead/forsaken lore priests are shadow to make a point about this willpower being exceedingly rare.

Paladins do have to be Holy at all times, whatever you do, Heal, DPS, Tank... or you lose your powers pretty much.

Burning inside out constantly can't be fun, then again players don't care.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by batman13cr View Post
    with class/race combos being changed a lot of doors have been opened but the one thing i think got overlooked is undead paladins. after all forsaken were once human but were changed to zombies during the plague if i remember correctly and if youve ever played a paladin in wrath and have died in icecrown you know that paladins are not special from other classes. and besides cowadins make as much sense lorewise as an orc priest and im just racist against blood elves, so if the day ever comes when i can play a forsaken paladin i would drop my human in an instant
    Because Priest Holy is Different from Paladin Holy and its really that simple.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by batman13cr View Post
    so how does a holy undead priest make sense then?
    They make sense because they could always be shadow. The priest lies between the light and the shadows, so they fit undead as much as a human, whilst a paladin lies between the light and the retribution. Priest has nothing to do with your point m8 :x

Well OP, why aren't Shamans tribal leather wearing healers and Druids only cloth wearing mystics?

Oh wait, because it is someone else's world where they get to make up the rules for everything, not us.

To others: Can anything really be "lore" or "canon" in a fabricated world were things can be changed merely on a whim? It is a game.

Sir Zeliek.

Yo dawg we heard you like being Holy all the time, so we put Holy in your Magic so you can burn while you burn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Sir Zeliek.

Yo dawg we heard you like being Holy all the time, so we put Holy in your Magic so you can burn while you burn.
    xhibit quotes have been done to death but this made me lul.