Thread: L.A. Noire

15+ Year Old Account

Question L.A. Noire

I beat this game when it came out and recently rented it to finish up the achievements. Looking back on it, I feel like it was a really underrated game. I enjoyed all of it, although the ending was a little anti-climatic. Minus that, I though it was superb. No one I know played it though, and I rarely see people with it on their played games lists.

What are your thoughts on the game?

I thought it was cool and animated very well. About 12 hours into it I started just fast traveling to locations and getting bored of the "search through everything until you hear a chime" routine. Not to mention the complete and utter bullshit the interviews pull off.

[me]I THINK YOU'RE LYING!
    [him]Oh yeah, why is that?
    *looks over the massive amount of incriminating evidence and picks one that obviously proves him a liar*
    [me] Here is the ring, found in your briefcase at your house that belonged to the victim. And it's covered in her blood.
    [him] *laughs* Yeah that isn't mine, I'm out of here.
    - Failed to interrogate witness

AWESOME

Deleted
    was a good game, just got old fast i found, not much variation, crim, look about, solve crime, was a good game though

I had the opposite thoughts. I bought this game and couldn't finish it, despite the nice story, setting, sound, animations, etc. Much like most of Rockstar's recent output, I felt it was entirely too restrictive and repetitive to warrant 9+ scores.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the game, it was definitely interesting and immersing. I guess it's repetitive in the sense that there isn't really anything randomly generated, but it's open world, so on any mission you can just go drive and see whatever you want. They spent a ton of time on facial recognition and it really made the game fun to me, I quickly became a master at questioning people and reading their responses. The shooting parts were pretty fun too, overall it was enjoyable.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin