Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Much needed help - Headset and Keyboard.

Hello everyone.

I have been looking for a new headset as my Creative fatality headset has just recently broke. I'm not that well clued up on things when it comes to Audio, so I'm rather clueless. I would be VERY grateful if you fine people could recommend me a headset. Currently I have been looking at the Logitech G930, however it seems to be prone to a lot of problems. I'm not even sure if the sound quality would be much better than my creative fatality headset because I don't really know what makes all the difference. I'm guessing the frequency? If that's the case then apparently the G930 and the fatality headset are equal at 20-20k Hz.

As a second thing, I would also be extremely happy if you could share your thoughts on what new keyboard I should get. I have been looking at the Razer Lycrosa but I'm not certain I want to get it.

Thanks for any input you might have.

What do you want in a headset, and what do you want in a keyboard?
    Ie, media-functionality, macrokeys et c

Budget, and where do you live - since prices vary?
    Do you have the oppourtunity to go to a physical store and try these, hands-on?

EDIT: And I also strongly advice against the Razer Chachachas linked by the person above if you're after any sort of soundquality. The Merc isn't very special in either direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    What do you want in a headset, and what do you want in a keyboard?
    Ie, media-functionality, macrokeys et c

Budget, and where do you live - since prices vary?
    Do you have the oppourtunity to go to a physical store and try these, hands-on?

EDIT: And I also strongly advice against the Razer Chachachas linked by the person above if you're after any sort of soundquality. The Merc isn't very special in either direction.
    As I said, I don't really know much about the Audio side of most things, but according the specs the quality of the charcharias is the same as the G930 at 20k Hz (If that is even what you measure the sound quality at)

I'm looking for something sturdy with looks (backlighting maybe) and doesn't get too messy (Fingerprints, slippery)

Edit: So many options to choose from. I hate how everything I look up has faults or deal breaking cons. The lycrosa is out now.
    Last edited by mmoccbe5f2e3ca; 2011-11-16 at 08:57 PM.

Corsair K90, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (not very good in price/performance though), G110 from Logitech, Mionix Zibal 60.

If you want low budget headset I recommend you Speedlink Medusa. Slightly better than Creative Fatality for the same price.

Deleted
    Corsair K90, Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (not very good in price/performance though), G110 from Logitech, Mionix Zibal 60.
    Can I ask what your using at the moment? Mainly because I don't have a clue which to buy. I would have went for the Blackwidow Ultimate but your stance on it doesn't inspire much hope in me.

Deleted
    I use the following headset and it is amazing!

Beyerdynamic MMX 300

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-M.../dp/B001BYMZ5W

A class like the digital MMX 300 premium headset might have been unknown to gaming fans: A Hi-Fi capable professional headset derived from the private aviation and perfected for use in noisy cockpits, has been adapted to the special requirements of extended gaming sessions. The MMX 300 exceeds all expectations of ambitious gamers regarding performance, sound and comfort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by provocator View Post
    If you want low budget headset I recommend you Speedlink Medusa. Slightly better than Creative Fatality for the same price.
    Budget is currently not a problem. (At least until it reaches above £150, anything over is too much for a headset imo.) Here is a question that is holding me back. If you buy a headset that has high sound quality, are you guaranteed that quality or does your souncard have something to do with it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronbal View Post
    Budget is currently not a problem. (At least until it reaches above £150, anything over is too much for a headset imo.) Here is a question that is holding me back. If you buy a headset that has high sound quality, are you guaranteed that quality or does your souncard have something to do with it?
    The headset I mentioned above (MMX 300) has its own soundcard but it costs £305.96. :S

Sophisticated internal sound card works outside of the PC resulting in no risk of interference
    Last edited by mmoca92f6e820c; 2011-11-16 at 09:09 PM.

As for Medusa headset I may add they're very, very comfortable (imo more than Fatality ones, I know cause my buddy has them and I was planning to aquire them till I tried out Medusa in a shop). It may be very good choice for you if you don't care about extra quality.

Deleted
    Any more suggestions guys? I'm still pretty stuck on the sound quality part of things. I've checked some 'high end' headsets and they seem to have the same stats as cheap headsets. In fact, most of the ones I've checked out say they have 20-20k frequency.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/gaming...s/devices/7248

Frustrating.

Can I ask what your using at the moment? Mainly because I don't have a clue which to buy. I would have went for the Blackwidow Ultimate but your stance on it doesn't inspire much hope in me.
    The BlackWidow is probably the Razer-product I have the least gripe against. But I mean, I see no reason to charge the price they do for it.

I personally have a G110 from Logitech. It suits me, but these things are personal in my opinion. I'll likely get a hands-on experience with the Corsair K90 when they are to be released later this month, as I have high hopes for it.

For headsets - yea, you can run them alone, or, run them on the USB-versions for their integrated sound (ie, usb sound card). A real proper sound card is always better though.
    I use a PC360 from Sennheiser, which along with the A40 is likely the best (gaming)headset around. It simply is that good.
    You don't need a sound card to drive them, but their potential increase even further if you do.
    These are also, in difference to the Razer/Steelseries and alike headsets very good for music, too.

Also, for keyboards if you are willing to forego the backlight-effect, the 6g v2 and 7g from steelseries are pretty good.
    And MicroSoft Sidewinder x4 is very very good for value, with backlight (not sure on the light though)

Deleted
    The BlackWidow is probably the Razer-product I have the least gripe against. But I mean, I see no reason to charge the price they do for it.

I personally have a G110 from Logitech. It suits me, but these things are personal in my opinion. I'll likely get a hands-on experience with the Corsair K90 when they are to be released later this month, as I have high hopes for it.

For headsets - yea, you can run them alone, or, run them on the USB-versions for their integrated sound (ie, usb sound card). A real proper sound card is always better though.
    I use a PC360 from Sennheiser, which along with the A40 is likely the best (gaming)headset around. It simply is that good.
    You don't need a sound card to drive them, but their potential increase even further if you do.
    These are also, in difference to the Razer/Steelseries and alike headsets very good for music, too.

Also, for keyboards if you are willing to forego the backlight-effect, the 6g v2 and 7g from steelseries are pretty good.
    And MicroSoft Sidewinder x4 is very very good for value, with backlight (not sure on the light though)
    Apparently the PC360 lacks bass?

If you actually want decent sound you buy a pair of headphones and a seperate microphone

Apparently the PC360 lacks bass?
    Uhm, no.
    It's not as bass-heavy as other alternatives, this is true. But lacks it? Gods no.
    While I am using a sound card, the bass is very tangible. Very. It just doesn't dominate the soundpicture like some cheaper headsets does, and actually using a better midrange by far.

It's definitely a step-up in basslevels from the Siberia V2 I had before, which half the people say it has good bass (I wouldn't), and half says it does have.

My opinion about actually trying them on stands.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Saksy2 View Post
    If you actually want decent sound you buy a pair of headphones and a seperate microphone
    ...Decent sound for the price, yes.
    Decent sound can be achieved anyway, but, you certainly do get more from separating mic with headphones.

I don't know how scared you are of spending some money, but I'm using a G510 keyboard (I love the LCD screen!) and Sennheiser 360s as my headset. Both very expensive, way more than what a lot of people are willing to spend, but worth every penny to me, or else I wouldn't have bought it.

Deleted
    kay, I'm started to get a bit pissed off. Every product has faults or deal breaking cons. This is ridiculous. Keeping this short.

Need a new headset - Good for music and gaming, high quality, comfortable and sturdy.

[Been looking at Sennhieser PC360 and Razer Megalodon or maybe Logitech G930] - Need more suggestions, thoughts on my choices so far.

Keyboard - Sturdy, looks good with LED's. [Razer Black Widow Ultimate or Logitech G510] Need more suggestions, thoughts on my choices so far.

Thank you.

I have a Razer headset I am looking to replace, I do not recommend their headsets. As far as a replacement, Im looking at this thread for advice

Deleted
    I'm so sick of every product being shit. No one will give me a straight answer.