Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

ore gone down in price

Ore onmy realm has completely dropped in price, down too 25g or less a stack, it used to sit at 35-39g a stack easy.
    Im wondering if I should keep mass buying it too stock up for patch, for gems.

gems are down in price too, and i post alot, but thats cause some idiot puts them all in for 20g regardless of orange or purple and they have been like that for a good 2 months now. Reds at one point hit 50g each when they used too sell for 99g+

Im wondering whether to keep posting or hold off for patch, im not short on gems have 2 gbanks full of just infernoes alone

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know if epic gems will be prospectable, so if you stockpile you're taking a risk.
    As long as the price of the gems is above material cost, you're making profit. If not, stop prospecting and sell the ore.

Blizz already said that gems will not be coming from the ore and will be from killing raid bosses.
    They want the epic gems to be hard to get so you wont be prospecting them.

Ore was at a top of 40g a stack?
    Wow, if you are talking about Purite, and I assume you are, that still isnt where our lowest prices are at for that.
    Even Ele ore is still higher than 40g a stack.
    Shows you that each server economy is different and not to take inconsideration of other people.

Maybe Blizzard wasn't lying when they said the 800K subscription loss was mostly from China. Lack of hacking ore farmers may actually mean there's a possible market for legitimate harvesters which could bring the price down on ore and gems that are prospected from it.

Deleted
    elementium ore went down to 15g a stack on auchindown eu today so i made the most of it and bought 250 stacks

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh Im referring too elementium ore sorry.

Would be interesting to look at the cost of heavenly shards in reaction to this drop as its become then go to way for them as well.
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    elementium ore went down to 15g a stack on auchindown eu today so i made the most of it and bought 250 stacks
    Now's the time to stock up. I wish that happened on my realm. Elementium is still 65g a stack here and pyrite is 180g.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason there was a lot of ore on my server today and the price fell +/-10 gold per stack. I bought 500+ stacks, flipped 100 early in the morning and mailed the rest off to my JC for prospecting.

It's not the bottom, my friend. Elementium/Obsidium is 9g/stack on my server.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkeya View Post
    We don't know if epic gems will be prospectable, so if you stockpile you're taking a risk.
    I remember Blizzard pointing out that the epic gems will not be prospectable. I could be wrong, but i remember openning my back door's stock when i saw it from a blue post.

Just go to a dead realm OP. We have had stabel ore prices 4-ever... No ores on AH is prolly why its so stabel 50g stack for both kinds.

elementium/obisidum have been arround 80g/stack on my realm for the last 3 months

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent made any profit for about 3-4 days now, because ore is soo cheap I have been mass buying it, kinda addicted in doing it, hope it doesnt back fire on me, prospected over 1500 stacks and just bought another 600 stacks, i have 5 jc'ers so mutli-boxng too prospect, shuffle etc is no real time loss.

But I think I better halt, have nearly 2 tabs full of just infernoes uncut alone lol