Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Being a shockadin in Vanilla was the most fun I've ever had in pvp, massive burstdamage & a good healer, if only I had the meteortrinket, I would have been GODLIKE.

or well reckbombing runs on sitting/eating horde in AV were also a lot of fun, man that shit was hilarious, you can say what you want but those were good times even with all the flaws.
    Last edited by mmoca4d60e7ce7; 2011-11-22 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uchikon7 View Post
    My duty as a player is to enjoy myself, not follow another player's concrete rules for doing the best that I can according to their interpretation. It's just a game, guy.
    It's a hobby tbh more than a game and if you don't strive to do well in your hobby then you will never go anywhere? sure enjoy yourself, but if doing subpar dps and hindering your group is your enjoyment then you are harming other's enjoyment of the game.

Yea, only a wotlk baby can think holy dps is worthless.

---------- Post added 2011-11-22 at 11:09 AM ----------

My duty as a player is to enjoy myself, not follow another player's concrete rules for doing the best that I can according to their interpretation. It's just a game, guy.
    Do you also play Turtles and whine because Donatello doesn't have wings, because it's your duty as a player to enjoy yourself and flying is enjoyable?

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much consistently I am second in damage, because I have no worthwhile AoE, with the first being the tank. I do not really see DPS out-damaging tanks in dungeons while leveling, either; it just goes with the role of tanking in these lower-level dungeons.
    Yeah my Prot Warrior takes 50-60% of the damage done in instances. There is just no possible way DPS can compete when I pull 4 packs, pop shield block, and just Rend/Thunderclap + Cleave (glyphed) + Revenge spam.

Also I edited the title in hopes that people will realize we aren't talking about endgame here. Being Holy DPS does not hinder your group at level 1-60. Exorcism is pretty freaking strong at those levels.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-11-22 at 09:16 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yeah my Prot Warrior takes 50-60% of the damage done in instances. There is just no possible way DPS can compete when I pull 4 packs, pop shield block, and just Rend/Thunderclap + Cleave (glyphed) + Revenge spam.
    I disagree.

Hm. The Holy spec passive mana regen does most of the work for me, or so I thought. Should I wear spirit to hit cap, or just wear all healer gear in all spots and be way over cap but have that much more mana regen? I tend to stay above 80% mana at all times, including with chain pulls, right now at this lower level.
    Yeah at 85, I would want all of my gear to have Spirit/haste on it, Since 85 epics usually get 2 secondary stats. So, you want your gear to look like this

Epic Armor of the Exorcist
    XXXXXX Armor
    XXX Stam
    XXX Int
    XXX Spirit
    ilvl XXX
    Equip: gives XXX haste rating.

That is until Exo is haste caped, then you will want crit more, And mana regen might be better next patch because of the change to judgements of the pure.

About the only place that this is useful at 85 is in BH right now, because of demon bosses, I'm never last on damage done, to the other dps, but not first either.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2011-11-22 at 04:52 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I hate my ret spec but I also hate doing daily quests so slowly. What kind of dps (non-demon targets) are people able to pull?

When I tested it out at the start of the expansion I found that pure exorcism spam (with judgement of the pure up) was the best dps then messing around with holy power. Still at 85 I remember, on a test dummy, my dps was somewhere around 3k to 4k.

Does better gear actually raise that? I would love to get rid of my ret gear...
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

I can do about 7k on a target dummy self buffed only til I go oom.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Demios View Post
    It's a hobby tbh more than a game and if you don't strive to do well in your hobby then you will never go anywhere? sure enjoy yourself, but if doing subpar dps and hindering your group is your enjoyment then you are harming other's enjoyment of the game.
    If you are taking the game so seriously that one player's DPS spec choice is "harming [your] enjoyment," you really, really need to reassess your entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Also I edited the title in hopes that people will realize we aren't talking about endgame here. Being Holy DPS does not hinder your group at level 1-60. Exorcism is pretty freaking strong at those levels.
    This is precisely why I cannot be #1 damage, but I can consistently be #1 DPS. A lot of players still do not understand the difference between the two, so thank you for pointing out the disparity. Exo is still OP in the 70-80 leveling bracket so far, too, but yes--this is a thread about leveling, so /bow for fixing the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I can do about 7k on a target dummy self buffed only til I go oom.
    With the way heroics go now what with so many people being overgeared, I would wager that you can probably ride quite a few trash pulls without going oom just because of how fast things die. I also found that target dummies are not really reflective of group performance, either, by a long shot, so if you sometime wanted to run a heroic as Holy DPS and show me a cap of Recount, I would appreciate that. The +5% damage alone would change your target dummy damage, plus group buffs and debuffs on enemies, enemy types if you do fight demons or undead, etc. For example, my arcane mage does about 11k on test dummies but 18-20k in heroics right now, and this is with just an ilvl of 359 (I use my JP / VP on BoEs / M. Crystals for gold, not new gear, also not a raider).