Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    That $400 sale price was likely as low as it was going to get until the next gen of cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dam seems like cyber monday wasnt all they were saying its gonna be.

DougDeals.com has Bigfoot gaming network cards on sale for $24.99 with free shipping. Coupon code CYBER10 gets an extra 10% off. The lowest price I've seen online is about $80.00. I've read a few reviews and they are saying it does provide a small improvement in ping and fps. Does anyone have one of these and if so, do you like it? I'm thinking of picking one up to try it out.

Anybody care to steer me in the right direction regarding that Hitachi 1TB DeskStar? I would have gone for the Spinpoint if I had seen it before it got sold out, but $90 for a 1TB drive seems really good still given the recent flooding. Just never heard of Hitachi hard drives before, and not sure if its worth it to wait and see if other HDs go on sale in the next few weeks
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

They make what is not so affectionately called the DeathStar drives. Good for non critical backups, not so much main system drives. Added a link to the F3 at Neweggs alt store to the OP.
    Last edited by chaud; 2011-11-28 at 10:48 PM.

Which of the the 24" monitors would you recommend? I'm looking to build a computer at about $1200 with the monitor and was wondering if the dell IPS would be worth the extra cost.

Is the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ part of the black friday deal? if it is, why doesnt it have the iron egg protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Klogg View Post
    Which of the the 24" monitors would you recommend? I'm looking to build a computer at about $1200 with the monitor and was wondering if the dell IPS would be worth the extra cost.
    Nope, it has ghosting issues. A fast ASUS TN panel will give you the least ghosting in games with slightly less awesome color.

Know if these monitors are any good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824009266
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Contrast is a bit low, but is really good bang for the buck at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    They make what is not so affectionately called the DeathStar drives. Good for non critical backups, not so much main system drives. Added a link to the F3 at Neweggs alt store to the OP.
    Thanks Chaud, got my F3 ordered from the alternate site for $80. That makes 2 monitors, a CPU, a Motherboard, a webcam, desk, chair, hard drive, and mouse all on sale.

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Just bought one of the OCZ vertex3 120g SSDs, which I sadly can't touch till christmas...I also need to upgrade my motherboard eventually in order to use it to its full capabilities...but it still blows away my current boot drive...an old 40g 5400rpm hard drive that I just used since the HD I was doing to use was dead...NO MORE PATA CABLE WOOT
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Just bought one of the OCZ vertex3 120g SSDs, which I sadly can't touch till christmas...I also need to upgrade my motherboard eventually in order to use it to its full capabilities...but it still blows away my current boot drive...an old 40g 5400rpm hard drive that I just used since the HD I was doing to use was dead...NO MORE PATA CABLE WOOT
    OUCH lol. have fun with it i got a 60gb agility 3 for xmas that i cant use either:P

8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1333 PC3 10666 RAM

$25 - free shipping - no rebates!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231311

Hells yeah for 16 gigs of good memory for 50 bucks!
    Last edited by glo; 2011-11-29 at 08:40 AM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    So now it's named "Encore Tuesday"

They list the i5-2500k (back in stock I guess) but I fail to see how that's on sale at $225? Well it's listed on there anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Contrast is a bit low, but is really good bang for the buck at that price.
    Bang for the buck is pretty much what I'm looking for at the moment, so great.

Glad I picked one up last night, they're sold out on Newegg now. I'd noticed that Best Buy had them for the same price, (no longer though, was the one day only) so I snagged one from there, so I could just grab it from the local store and not have to deal with spending 20+ dollars sending it back if there were dead pixel problems or whatever.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    So now it's named "Encore Tuesday"

They list the i5-2500k (back in stock I guess) but I fail to see how that's on sale at $225? Well it's listed on there anyways.
    I got the i5 on Black Friday from Microcenter for $150, now that was a sale I thought that the normal price on Newegg was less than $225 anyway, but not sure, always knew I was going to get it from MC since their non-sale price is 180

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139022

Not bad for the price. About the largest PSU you should need unless your doing SLI/Crossfire with the very VERY best/biggest cards. Even then it might be enough.