Deleted

Question Exchanging addons config between 2 accounts

Hi all,

I apologize for my bad english in advance :P

Is it possible to "share" the settings of addons between 2 different WoW accounts?

For example:
    I have a hunter on account 1 with an adjusted settings for my addons, and I want the same settings for those addons for my other account for an other hunter that I have on my 2nd account.

What I have tried, and failed:
    Copy the addon folder from hunter1 in the account 1 folder
    Paste that copied folder into the addon folder of my 2nd account and renamed it after my hunter char no. 2

Am I doing it the wrong or is it simply not possible to copy paste the setting of the addons between 2 accounts?

Grz,
    Bullz

The addon folder contains all the addons you use, so copying those over is needed, but the settings for those addons are stored in the WTF folder of your wow directory.
    Within the WTF folder you will find folders for the different accounts, in the accounts folder there will be a few files that contain global settings such as audio/video. There will also be realm folders and within those will be folders for each character on that realm.

To get the settings you want you will want to navigate to WoW/WTF/1st account/server and copy the your hunters folder. Copy that folder into the proper server folder on your 2nd account and change the name to the 2nd hunters name. That will get all the settings that are stored per char by addons. Some addons keep a master database, for these you will want to copy the "Saved Variables" folder from the WoW/WTF/1st account into the 2nd account. These addons normally have a profile manager that should allow you to copy the settings from your others hunters profile.

I hope this helps, and that I didn't forget anything.

Deleted
    Thnx Tahirii, I'll give it a go when I get home tonight

In addition to what Tahirii said above, addons that use Ace3's profile system will have the profile reset back to default when you just copy the contents of WTF folder. In this case just go to addon settings under profile, choose "copy from" and pick the old character which should set the old settings you copied from as the default for the new one.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.