Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They are made by Turtle Beach, Earforce X11. Googled them and did some lurking earlier, they dont need any drivers and install right away, Realtek recognises them when i plug them in, and i've enabled the seperating of all input jacks as seperate input devices

Deleted
    AHHHH

I have found your issue the headset is USB POWERED. so no, you don't actualy have a usb headset

the cables are simply for audio and mic like any other headset, hense no second soundcard showing up.

Deleted
    So it's impossible with my headset?

Deleted
    No, I'm afraid you need a second sound card, most usb headset have built in sound cards, yours however does not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    So it's impossible with my headset?
    Yes. Unless you have an alternate soundcard somewhere else, be it internal or external. Some gaming keyboards (such as the Logitech G-Series 510) come with 3,5mm ports for headsets. Those keyboards come with a built in external soundcard, which is the one you use if you plug your headset into those ports. Inspect your keyboard, see what you find.

I can't comment on how well it works since I've never used the sound card in my G510, but it's something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    Yes. Unless you have an alternate soundcard somewhere else, be it internal or external. Some gaming keyboards (such as the Logitech G-Series 510) come with 3,5mm ports for headsets. Those keyboards come with a built in external soundcard, which is the one you use if you plug your headset into those ports. Inspect your keyboard, see what you find.

I can't comment on how well it works since I've never used the sound card in my G510, but it's something.
    Atm im using 2 monitors both with 3.5mm jacks, whats the chance i can do something with them to make it work?

Also, thanks for your help, especially danjal! Wondered why it wasnt working

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Atm im using 2 monitors both with 3.5mm jacks, whats the chance i can do something with them to make it work?

Also, thanks for your help, especially danjal! Wondered why it wasnt working
    Well... I don't know how monitors work in that regard. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. The only thing I'm sure of is that any USB peripheral with 3,5mm ports have a built in sound card.

Deleted
    Well, one of them has a USB port, but as you can tell im kinda clueless towards this stuff.

Thanks anyway ill look into another soundcard/what Navox posted

10+ Year Old Account
    You still can do it, depending on your soudcard. Since your headset is plugged in your computer's front entry you can try and set it up to be counted as a 2nd sound source.

If i remember correctly (since i've done it a long time ago and can't redo it since i'm with usb headset now) you have to go into you sound card settings and configure your front entry to be selected as a 2nd sound source.
    I think it's in the "configure speakers" when you right click on speakers in the sound settings. But i'm really not sure, like i said i've done it like 2 years ago with my first headset.

You can do it, that i'm sure since you have 2 different sound output (back and front) i just don't remember exactly how to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    You still can do it, depending on your soudcard. Since your headset is plugged in your computer's front entry you can try and set it up to be counted as a 2nd sound source.

If i remember correctly (since i've done it a long time ago and can't redo it since i'm with usb headset now) you have to go into you sound card settings and configure your front entry to be selected as a 2nd sound source.
    I think it's in the "configure speakers" when you right click on speakers in the sound settings. But i'm really not sure, like i said i've done it like 2 years ago with my first headset.

You can do it, that i'm sure since you have 2 different sound output (back and front) i just don't remember exactly how to.
    Going to look more into it, see what i can find. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Navox View Post
    I use a similar device as these for my 3.5mm headset also, they work like a charm and it creates it's own unique device in windows just like a normal USB headset so it becomes really straight forward to do what you are asking OP. Can't speak for these in particular but mine was less than 5$US and I was kind of concerned about quality issues but I have zero complaints.

Just to clarify a few points here:

No you cannot do this. In 99% of cases monitor speakers work like any other speaker i.e. they need a 3.5mm jack to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post

Kagdar is correct you can setup your front input/outputs seperately to your rear input/outputs. There should be an option inside your sound properties. This will work, however I have run into some strange problems with this kind of setup from time to time. If you have any issues update your sound drivers.

If this fails just buy a soundcard. As stated they are cheap as chips and far easier to configure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I use a similar device as these for my 3.5mm headset also, they work like a charm and it creates it's own unique device in windows just like a normal USB headset so it becomes really straight forward to do what you are asking OP. Can't speak for these in particular but mine was less than 5$US and I was kind of concerned about quality issues but I have zero complaints.
    Is there any chance you have a link to this? I've looked for equivalents in the UK/EU but all are pretty damn expensive.

Your headset has it's own sound card. I'm 99.99% sure that the USB platform does not have some magical ability to pass through audio from sound cards. There's a fractional chance that I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

For whatever reason however, Windows isn't associating said sound card with it's mixer, which is what ventrilo bases its input/output selections on.

EDIT: Are you sure the USB plug is the only thing you need to pop in to use them? There's a chance that you have a model that uses USB for power, and normal 3.5mm plugs for audio.
    Last edited by glo; 2011-11-24 at 01:12 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Your headset has it's own sound card. I'm 99.99% sure that the USB platform does not have some magical ability to pass through audio from sound cards. There's a fractional chance that I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

For whatever reason however, Windows isn't associating said sound card with it's mixer, which is what ventrilo bases its input/output selections on.

EDIT: Are you sure the USB plug is the only thing you need to pop in to use them? There's a chance that you have a model that uses USB for power, and normal 3.5mm plugs for audio.
    Yeah that's what someone cleared up for me above. The USB is purely for power, i have two jack's for audio and mic.

I found this post looking for reasons why my vent would not run through my headset and game sounds through my speakers. The advice here for using direct sound and selecting your USB headset is spot on however, I did have to do something in addition to those steps. You also have to go to the binds tab (at least on my setup I did) and check use direct sound and select your headset from the drop down menu.

Sorry for the thread jacking, but since this was the first website that popped up when googling for answers I figured I would post here. I hope it helps other folks who were having the same issue I was having.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you please do a print screen after opening the playback devices? And show us please?

Chances are you can just set your headphones as your default sound device and then change the sound device in use from within your media player.

Else you might need to use something like:
    http://www.cclonline.com/product/366...aptor/SND1060/
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-04-27 at 11:18 PM.

Since this is rather relevant and valid reason, I'm just gonna put it here that I don't intend to close it for 'necro' despite its age.

In general, however, if a computer allows to use front ports and back ports through the same (integrated usually) sound cards, you can have sound from two different sources at once; But you either have to select one as "communication" and one as standard, or, select the "other one" specifically through an application.

Get yourself a cheap usb soundcard for ventrillo, easiest fix.