Strange Computer Lagg

So my friend have had this issue for quite some time, and we have tried alot to troubleshoot it...

if you click on the link below you can see / hear him hosting a SC2 match, if you go to 18:00, the lagg will happen frequently (look at the hellion). It's just small minor laggs that freeze the game for less than a second.

http://sv.twitch.tv/pwfclockwise/b/300517167

Anyone got any good ideas at what might be wrong? We have checked temps, and they seem fine. 60-70c on both cpu and gpu.

He is playing on a Asus G53jh laptop, with the specs:
    Intel - 720qm 1.6ghz
    radeon mobility HD5870
    8gb ram
    seagate 500gb hard drive.

Also this is occurring in both Windows and games...
    Last edited by Vikzter; 2011-11-22 at 02:34 PM.

If you ask for a cCONNECTION problem, it would be wise to give some details about his connection actually. Like how does he connect to the internet, per router, modem, what technic behind, dsl, telecable umts etc.

Does he use wlan to connect to the router, does he share his line with other ppl etc.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

It has got nothing to do with his connection, since it may also lag while he is moving a window in Windows.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Taking your lan connection out of the equation, you are lagging at random times within windows even if you're not playing a game?

Curious, how old is the seagate hard drive? when was the last time you've defragged it? Random pauses could be a number of things but off the top of my head I would immediately think hard drive r/w errors.

Also, just for kicks and giggles, what is psu being used to power that rig?

The laptop is 1 y/o, defragged recently.

and since it's a laptop there is no PSU

This is a file of what have been done already, without success ofc:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/H7gashz0/Felskning.html (click the blue download button, the green is an ad)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bad for completely skipping over the "Laptop" part.. derp on my part!

Have you guys configured it for performance and not power saver mode? How fast is the HD is it 72k?

Also try this start run, type in msconfig <enter>

Once msconfig opens go to startup tab and disable everything.

Next select the Services tab, (check the box Hide all Microsoft services) then disable everything that is not related to gaming what so ever, (Don't disable Network, Sound, Video, etc...)

Reboot. then test to see if you still experience of that jitter.

Mhh, I was under the impression that windows itself would lag like "in the browser". Now we should speak about a computer freeze, not lag.

Looks like he already did the most things you could do ...

First of all I would format the hdd and reinstall windows - best with a clean install (dl all drivers first and use a fresh iso - no "recovery") - most notebook manufacturers have tons of useless stuff made into their rec. disc.
    Before he installs, he should try to change the ATA Mode in the bios to AHCI (if not done already).

If the system still hangs after the new installed windows it will be a hardware fault. I suspect the cpu or the ram - for the ram dl the iso from http://www.memtest.org/ and put it on a usb stick with unetbootin http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

After a reboot start the programm from the usb - it will start an small linux system with a special memory test tool, loaded in your grahic card memory so it can try out the whole ram. The test itself will take SOME time - be prepared - but it is the BEST method to find faulty ram pages.

If this dosn't help ... well, new laptop or get it to a technican. Could be an elko burned out etc.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5