Poll: Which Faction will you play?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I have tentatively decided on a Male Dark Side Trooper (Commando), so Republic obviously.

That could change.

I am also considering a Sith Jugg and Assassin but those seem way to overplayed. I might just play a reskinned Trooper, aka BH, but it seems like whats the point? Just for longer PVP quenes? No thanks, underdog for life.

Besides I hear DS Troopers can wear Sith Trooper armor. Playing a Sith trooper would be my dream, so thats the closest Im gonna get.
    Last edited by scoutlab1991; 2011-11-29 at 06:24 PM.

Either a Inquisitor Assassin on the Light Side, or a Consular Shadow on the Dark Side.

10+ Year Old Account
    knight -> guardian -> force

for an alt, probably an agent.

Deleted
    Male, Trooper, Commando, Light Side

can't wait to walk out of the dropship to the sound of Creedence Clearwater Revival's Fortunate Son
    pure badassery.

Sith/Empire, how else am I going to be able to call people rebel scum. (despite the fact they're not rebels).

While I want to do the lightsaber thing I just can't get into either the Sith or Jedi, both are just so F'd up its no wonder in thousands of years neither side ever wins. First you have a side so homicidal nearly 80% of their applicants are killed and the other side can't bring themselves to have sex, well sorry they can't love so I guess that means they can still be married without sex, no, this is getting too redundant. Then there is their whole health regeneration methods that make me guffaw or cringe. When combined with making "light or dark" choices I just get a bad case of the sillies, there is such confusion over mean/tactless and what evil is. Did Dr. Evil concoct these choices?

That I associate either archetype with saber wielding limits my choices. Trooper or Smuggler archetypes have some possibility. At least I can get really silly with it and not feel like a total dork. Seeing that light sabers can cut through meter thick bulkheads but not through my underwear I feel much more comfortable wielding a blaster that at least makes cool noises, well up until I try to heal with one then I get the sillies again because its just so...
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    I'm going to be playing Jedi Shadow. Had played the Knight/Sentinel even though it looks totally bad ass it didn't feel great to play and got tore up. Switched to the consular and from the outset felt so good flinging stuff at enemies and still smacking them with my saber. Thats the one for me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder whose actually gonna go bodyguard bounter hunter and shooting rockets of healing at people.

For me Sith Sorcerer > Corruption. I wanted to go Jedi Consular but everybody I know in real life is going Empire so meh =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction: Empire
    Race: Chiss
    Class: Imperial Agent
    AC: Operative

The story of being a key agent in Imperial Intelligence (the real people that keep the empire running, silly sith) is extremely appealing, story wise. I very much enjoyed the style of being a healer that could shoot and stealth at the same time, oh and I can stab people too. So much fun.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Female Sith, Sith Juggernaut, Lightside.

Just hope going light side doesn't screw me in the end.

Empire
    Human
    Inquisitor
    Sorcerer

My friends are playing Empire, also it will give me a chance to choose the dark side (movie reference ^_^).
    I like humans because I vision myself in it's footsteps... etc. It represents me.
    Inquisitor/Sorcerer because I play a lock in WoW and it is seemingly relevant.

Faction: Empire
    Race: Sith Pureblood
    Class: Sith Inquisitor
    Advanced Class: Assassin
    Why: After playing the story line is phenominal, the class fun and fresh but strangly familiar. Just an amazing game.

Cyborg Merc BH, probably end up light side, possibly even gray, since I didn't play a BH in the beta to save the story. (Played a trooper to get the gameplay feel down). Gonna story myself as chaotic good most likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Why: Two words- Spike Spiegel. Who wouldn't wanna be voiced by one of the only bounty hunters greater than the Fetts.
    Duuuude, I was totally thinking that sounded like the guy who voiced Spike. I actually made a bounty hunter and thought, yeah I'll model it on Spike, heard the voice and was like whaaaaaaat ! This actually confirms I'll be playing as a Mercenary come release. I really want to play as a Marauder but after getting to level 19 in the beta weekend I really cba doing it all again.

I am going empire because I like the Imperial Agent over Smuggler, however I am not looking forward to be on the more populated faction, well I guess it can't be to bad, I was on the Alliance before, so it will feel weird being a 'horde' 'bad guy' type character, but who cares.

I bet if you were to reset this poll, you'd see a 2:1 Empire to Republic ratio...maybe even more lopsided. I've noticed in every poll I've looked at, the closer we have gotten to release (the more videos people have seen, the more people who have gotten to play the game some), the more skewed toward Empire the population has become.

Which is why I'm playing Republic...
    To hell with long ass PvP queues.

Republic classes and armor styles are dull.

Empire is sleek, impressive, and intimidating. Yep, going Empire (if I play).