How much theorycrafting will be in SWTOR?

I'm curious as to how much customization there will be in the endgame. One of the aspects I like about WoW is that you can spend tons of time on a site like EJ and with either spreadsheets or online simulators to really min/max a character. I also wonder if the game will be similar to the KoToR single player games where you would be walking around with a few lightsabers in your backpack, each one for a different purpose like anti-droid etc.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

At launch it looks like theorycrafting may be slightly limited, since they are currently having problems with the Combat Log doing...interesting things, so it's temporarily disabled.

Down the road, with all the secondary stats you can mod into armor, I can see a lot of theorycrafting going down, especially if they keep with the philosophy that most equipment pieces will be modifiable to get most of their stats.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the combat log being disabled right now severely limits the possibility of serious theory crafting. Though, I seem to remember reading that it will be enabled again.

There is plenty of theorycrafting to be done in SWTOR. For a glimpse at what's already been done, I recommend visiting the forums at sithwarrior.com.