Deleted

Does Zon'Ozz's +dmg buf stay after a dark phase?

I always thought it doesn't but recently I suspect it does or it's changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The debuff has a timer on him, it is possible to drop stacks with a bad group, but 95% of the time it will keep stacking over the fight causing more and more dmg to be taken, my group usually gets to around 21 /28 stacks *we do 7 stacks between each black phase*

Deleted
    It does, wouldnt make much sense to try to get as many bounces on the ball as possible otherwise.

Deleted
    Yes it does, how else would people be getting 50k dps so easily on the fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    It does, wouldnt make much sense to try to get as many bounces on the ball as possible otherwise.
    To do high DMG on the Black Phase maybe? :P

Quote Originally Posted by magneeeto View Post
    I always thought it doesn't but recently I suspect it does or it's changed.
    are you asking about zonozz's stacking +damage buff
    or the stacking +damage taken debuff from the ball that hits him?

zonozz's personal +damage buff falls off when he gets hit by the ball
    the stacking debuff has like a 1.5minute timer I believe and stays on the boss as long as it is refreshed in time and continues stacking
    Last edited by bals; 2012-03-29 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    I meant if it stays on the light phase after a dark phase.

Deleted
    I meant if it stays on the light phase after a dark phase.
    His +dmg done buff dissapears.
    His +dmg received debuff stays on him*

*this is for heroic, I think on normal it CAN fall off if you take too long in between phases but if done right it will stay.

It's on a timer, if you're taking long bounces after the dark phase it'll run out if you try to push to 9 bounces or more. 7 is always safe in my experience and you can push to 11 if you're really tight with positioning.

Deleted
    Let me be explicit: When it is on during a light phase does it take (on it from the players) the increased damage during that light phase?

Deleted
    Let me be explicit: When it is on during a light phase does it take (on it from the players) the increased damage during that light phase?
    You mean does the boss take increased damage from the ball bounces during the light phase itself while the ball is bouncing? The answer to that is no, the bounced stack up on the ball and when the ball hits the boss all of those stacks are delivered onto the boss at once. So if you're doing 5 bounces per light phase then it'll go like this:

Light phase - 5 bounces - boss at 0% debuff
    *ball hits boss*
    Dark phase - boss goes to 25% debuff
    Light phase - 5 bounces - boss at 25% debuff
    *ball hits boss*
    Dark phase - boss goes to 50% debuff
    Light phase - 5 bounces - boss at 50% debuff
    *ball hits boss*
    Dark phase - boss goes to 75% debuff
    Light phase - 5 bounces - boss at 75% debuff
    etc.

On heroic that can be done with any number of bounces. On normal it is possible for the stack to drop off during light phase, such as:
    *ball hits boss*
    Dark phase - boss goes to 75% debuff
    Light phase - 13 bounces (debuff falls off since phase is now so long)
    *ball hits boss*
    Dark phase - boss goes to 65% debuff
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-03-30 at 07:46 AM.

The boss doesn't take more damage just because it's dark phase, he takes more damage because the ball hits him (and starts the black phase aswell). From that he gets, I think it was 2 mins, debuff, which stacks if the ball hits him again before the debuff falls off. If you take too many bounces afterwards, spending too much time, it can fall off yes.

The damage debuff on the boss often fails to refresh in LFR. That means you're not letting the boss eat the Void often enough.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Yes, his increased damage taken persists throughout both phases.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    are you asking about zonozz's stacking +damage buff
    or the stacking +damage taken debuff from the ball that hits him?

zonozz's personal +damage buff falls off when he gets hit by the ball
    the stacking debuff has like a 1.5minute timer I believe and stays on the boss as long as it is refreshed in time and continues stacking
    Ya, it's 1.5 minutes. Each ball spawns every 1.5 minutes as well. Black phase is 30 seconds. So you need to spend less than a minute on each of the bounce phases after the first, from the moment the black phase ended to when the ball hits him.

Yes it does.