Video card help.

So im currently using a Asus M4A785-M motherboard and im being told it wont accept normal video cards, does anyone know if this is true? >.> im so tired of playing at 10 fps when im using to running at 70 (was running a IBUYPOWER PC) would be greatful if someone could help.

Deleted
    What video card are you using at the momet, also if in WoW your FPS is THAT low, it's more than likely your CPU, not your GPU.

EDIT: I just checked your board online. As long as your PSU can support it, you can use whatever the fuck you want.

Currently using a built in ATI Radeon HD 4200

running AMD Athlon 2 x2 240 (Windows 7 Enterprise)

10 is a little low i normally run about 15-17 on low setting with spell detail being the only thing on high

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solika View Post
    Currently using a built in ATI Radeon HD 4200

running AMD Athlon 2 x2 240 (Windows 7 Enterprise)
    Ok, if you update your GPU to anything even slightly recent (which will work) you'll be severely bottlenecked by your CPU. You also have an AM3 socket, not AM3+, so I'd look at picking up a relatively cheap AMD AthlonII X4 or if you've got the budget, stretch to a X6.

Not worried about anything super new just looking for something i can run better at, im currently running 3's in the 2500 range and sometimes i get choppy and we lose because of it.

That motherboard will support any PCI-E video card that is out there.