Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've been waiting for this game since it was first announced.

Waitwaitwait....Queens Blade is getting an MMO?

OT: this game does look purty and shiney, i may have to check it out and keep my eye on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to know whether it'd end up being B2P, F2P or P2P for the EU / NA release.

I'm at the point in Tera where it's 'basically' F2P with the use of chronoscrolls, however at least to this article
    http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/20...onfirmed.shtml
    There's a sub fee set.

Asia's design and graphics has always been something I've favored as they vastly excel at this point in my eyes. Seems like the combat, travel, explore etc would be fun, but I just wish if it was P2P, there'd be a way to circumvent it like in Tera, or if it was B2P I'd be happy with it.

Deleted
    Looks like Korean MMO like Tera.
    In other words, lots of graphics and looks with no real depth and a linear world. Characters also seem sluggishly slow in their animations, gliding forward as if never actually setting foot on the ground. Waaaaaay too much Korea in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    In other words, lots of graphics and looks with no real depth and a linear world. Characters also seem sluggishly slow in their animations, gliding forward as if never actually setting foot on the ground. Waaaaaay too much Korea in this game.
    Where are you seeing a lack of depth or a linear world in these videos? Granted, I don't know much about the game myself, other than what I've read on forums and such and from videos that I've seen, but I feel that it's kind of difficult to make that kind of judgment solely based on the information presented here. But even then, I think that there's still depth to it (the Bo-Pae system) when you compare it to other Korean MMOs. I'm normally not fond of them myself, but it seems kind of unfair to say that it lacks depth.

As for the animations? Well, it is beta. That's something I've grown accustomed to seeing in betas, with the most recent one being Guild Wars 2. It was improved. I think it's safe to say that this game will improve as well. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    As for the animations? Well, it is beta.
    Actually the game released 4 days ago.

I just want to know whether it'd end up being B2P, F2P or P2P for the EU / NA release.
    It will start as P2P like most korean MMO's and go into F2P if the over all success of the game dies or they are working on something to replace it (ala aion).

Play the game first

As for the animations? Well, it is beta. That's something I've grown accustomed to seeing in betas, with the most recent one being Guild Wars 2. It was improved. I think it's safe to say that this game will improve as well. I'm not getting my hopes too high, but I'm certainly looking forward to it.
    It was already released in Korea, animations are basically set.

Here is a video of CBT3 of a boss, this boss looks amazing.

Here is some 1v1 CBT3 with a summoner the newest class:

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Played the game yesterday so I can give some insight.

Having played both TERA and this, I can definitely say Blade and Soul feels much better.

Few differences between the two that I liked:
    - imo, graphics are better in Blade and Soul
    - the landscape isn't an overkill of colors like in Tera, more realistic, beautiful
    - character detail is amazing, with stuff that is not attached to the armor wiggling in the air when you're running/gliding
    - areas are more open, less corridory
    - gliding/sprinting and jumping high is fun fun fun
    - combat feels much faster and fluid/smooth
    - character movement is smoother too
    - character attack animations are awesome
    - not every class has the stupid MP resource system and it's much easier/faster to recover after combat (blade masters have like combo points)
    - this one I like the most: both TERA and BnS have left click primary attack, but in BnS attacks/combos DO NOT LOCK YOU IN PLACE when you're executing them, not even channeled ones. That's right, you can move any way you want (even jump) while you swing your sword/dagger/whatever. So you can basically move out of range and dodge attacks that way (yes you can do that in TERA too, but not while attacking)

Really really enjoyed playing it, even though I didn't yet play much. Definitely one of the better games I tried lately.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-07-04 at 11:26 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

been following this game for years... looks amazing.
    Last edited by Highangel; 2012-07-04 at 11:23 AM.

Really really enjoyed playing it, even though I didn't yet play much. Definitely one of the better games I tried lately.
    Please keep us updated as there is little translated detail about the game :/

some questions:

level cap?
    end game?
    gear?
    wtf is the difference between female jin and kun

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Please keep us updated as there is little translated detail about the game :/

some questions:

level cap?
    end game?
    gear?
    wtf is the difference between female jin and kun
    Will do.
    Not sure about level cap or endgame, still a lowbie.
    Can't say much about gear yet either other than what's been said in the OP.

I haven't noticed any major difference between races, except for the kiddy race, they're all human-like. As for char costumization you pick between premade faces. Maybe it's not complete yet because I'm playing on Closed Beta 2 client, so not everything is up to date.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds awesome so torn on classes they all look so damn good though thinking of maining assasin. on the differences of races that you asked zito one of them is an all female race.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Sounds awesome so torn on classes they all look so damn good though thinking of maining assasin. on the differences of races that you asked zito one of them is an all female race.
    Im aware, however the physical features between the kun and jin female are not really noticeable.

Also Ima be a summoner, the intro for it was just to great not to be.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-07-04 at 01:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue I have is just the general lack of community or support when it comes to non-Koreans playing Korean MMO's. It's simply not as profitable outside of Korea so they don't really put a real effort into it (looking at you NCSoft).

Lets just say it's looked upon as a privilege for us to be able to get a piece of Korean/Asian games, it's like coming to a party you weren't really invited to and everybody ignores you since you don't speak their language.

Compared to the people getting into WoW, Rift or SW:ToR (two out of those three currently in decline/death), games like Tera and Blade & Soul may not even see 1-5% of westeners interested because Korean MMO's better known for driving AWAY the western crowd. They LOOK extremely fun but the same could be said for Aion.

Still, this game (like all games) deserves a chance. Too bad I most likely won't be playing it since no Oceanic servers (but then, which fucking MMO has real oceanic servers lol).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    - this one I like the most: both TERA and BnS have left click primary attack, but in BnS attacks/combos DO NOT LOCK YOU IN PLACE when you're executing them, not even channeled ones. That's right, you can move any way you want (even jump) while you swing your sword/dagger/whatever.
    Thank god! I hated that about Tera so much and it's one of the reasons that I just couldn't get into the game. This is really exciting to hear.

The game is really funny but can become a bit grindy later on.
    Be prepared for that, it is an eastern mmo in this aspect imho.
    Try it out nonetheless, it's still esthetically and mechanically pleasing.

Steparu streams it sometimes on twitch if you like to check it out.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-07-04 at 04:54 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

I wouldn't be surprised if it launched without a sub-fee in the West given that both Aion and L2 have gone completely F2P here while still having the sub fee in Asia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    Pretty much this. The combat and aesthetics look really nice but I really don't feel like paying monthly for it.

Western beta please.
    Pretty much agree with Patchy looks great but i don't feel like paying for it, i wonder when they will release a game like this that's F2P from the start

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it launched without a sub-fee in the West given that both Aion and L2 have gone completely F2P here while still having the sub fee in Asia.
    It will most likely start out as sub, new hot game in an mmo market = most of the time sub fee and depending on how well it does it will continue it. It took awhile for aion to go F2P.
    The biggest issue I have is just the general lack of community or support when it comes to non-Koreans playing Korean MMO's. It's simply not as profitable outside of Korea so they don't really put a real effort into it (looking at you NCSoft).
    Why would Ncsoft not support westernization? I mean its more money, more advertisement to get their name out. Separate your own personal bad experiences with a gaming company away from the big picture.

I have had no problems with Ncsoft, some people do, some people have problems with other gaming companys like funcom or EA and some don't. Don't focus on one like its the devil and everything else is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why would Ncsoft not support westernization? I mean its more money, more advertisement to get their name out. Separate your own personal bad experiences with a gaming company away from the big picture.
    Well, historically their idea of "Westernizing" their games has been to translate the text and basically call it quits from there. Brian Knox was one of the lead producers for Aion and the only treatment it got was a translation to English for launch. He's done a great job with TERA though.

So based on past experience, they won't do much. But hopefully after Aion bombed in the West due to how poorly the game was Westernized, NCsoft has learned how important it is to make the game appropriate for each market now that there is a lot of serious competition. They could kind of get away with it with L1/L2 because there wasn't a ton of extra competition, but now they absolutely have to bring their A game.