Page 1 of 2
LastLast

More companions?

Played last weekends beta and i loved the Inquisitor, but the companion kinda blows. Not gonna lie i prefer to be looking at a female lol. Do we get more companions at a later level?

I do believe u will get a couple of them yes, at least from what I have read so far.

5 currently per class

they will be adding more

if you indeed don't want to use Khem Val much, there will be other options. Each class has at least 1 female for us as well.

awesome thx for the info guys, hes pretty cool as a tank and all but yeah lol asthetics>abilities for me lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Khem - Tank/Dps melee
    Comp 2 - Range Dps
    Comp 3 - Tank/Dps melee
    Comp 4 - healer
    Oh and the robot - healer

as sith inquisitor
    -K

Here's a cool website with a list and screenshots of all companions!

http://www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/comp.html

Though other people have implied this site might be misinformed on who all is romance-able. We'll see.

Supposedly there is a bonus companion found on Hoth.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is far down the road and all, but I'd like to see their opinion on eventually adding more companions. I mean, they have all the roles covered as of now, so we don't really NEED them, but at the same time, it'd be nice to see.

Also, looking at Unholy's link would anyone who's gotten a lot more time mind PMing me the backstory/explanation as to why the Jedi KNight gets a Sith Pureblood companion? This one really interests me, but I can't find much info on it, and don't plan on playing Republic =/

you guys should warn spoilers for the above link and comments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    Yeah, this is why I said PM me. I didn't wanna bring spoilers into the post. ( I don't believe saying WHAT companions you get should really be considered spoilers given the title. Maybe mark the title with a [Possible Spoilers] tag or something, but I believe a mod or the OP needs to do that. )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    Because Unholy saying ''Here's a cool website with a list and screenshots of all companions!'' doesn't obviously mean you shouldn't check it if you don't want any spoilers..

SPOILER ALERT: TURN HEAD AWAY, NAOH! DO NOT READ PAST THIS LINE IF YOU DON'T WANT GAME INFORMATION BEFORE THE GAME GETS RELEASED, THAT GOT ME TO WONDER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A THREAD LIKE THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS? (PS: I covered the text in white)

No Twi'lek companion for Imperial Agent, Why not? Other than that to me it seems the companion specy/race difference is rather limited for some classes and perhaps instead of adding classes/advanced classes they'll add companions each X-pack?
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-11-22 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Because Unholy saying ''Here's a cool website with a list and screenshots of all companions!'' doesn't obviously mean you shouldn't check it if you don't want any spoilers..

SPOILER ALERT: TURN HEAD AWAY, NAOH! DO NOT READ PAST THIS LINE IF YOU DON'T WANT GAME INFORMATION BEFORE THE GAME GETS RELEASED, THAT GOT ME TO WONDER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN A THREAD LIKE THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT ANY SPOILERS? (PS: I covered the text in white)
    [/COLOR]
    mostly referring to cornjoelio's comment, but the link can contain spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    This is far down the road and all, but I'd like to see their opinion on eventually adding more companions. I mean, they have all the roles covered as of now, so we don't really NEED them, but at the same time, it'd be nice to see.

Also, looking at Unholy's link would anyone who's gotten a lot more time mind PMing me the backstory/explanation as to why the Jedi KNight gets a Sith Pureblood companion? This one really interests me, but I can't find much info on it, and don't plan on playing Republic =/
    Daniel Erickson, their lead story guy, has already said, "You'll notice that you have more companion slots than you have companions, this is intentional."

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    Khem - Tank/Dps melee
    Comp 2 - Range Dps
    Comp 3 - Tank/Dps melee
    Comp 4 - healer
    Oh and the robot - healer

as sith inquisitor
    were you able to use them all at once? last beta weekend I played my BH to level 14 had the starting female companion and later on when I got my ship, the robot, however I could only use one companion at a time... does this change at later levels?
    The Money-Pit 2011:
    MB: Asus M4A78LT-M CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2Ghz RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB HDD: Seagate 500GB PSU: Antec TP-650 OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Daniel Erickson, their lead story guy, has already said, "You'll notice that you have more companion slots than you have companions, this is intentional."
    Good to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
    were you able to use them all at once? last beta weekend I played my BH to level 14 had the starting female companion and later on when I got my ship, the robot, however I could only use one companion at a time... does this change at later levels?
    you can only use one at a time in combat, but the others can be sent on missions or for crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    you can only use one at a time in combat, but the others can be sent on missions or for crafting.
    hmmm... while its nice to have companions help you out it would be nice to have more than one help you in combat like Dragon Age Origins (and 2). can't have everything lol.
    The Money-Pit 2011:
    MB: Asus M4A78LT-M CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2Ghz RAM: Kingston 8GB (4x 2GB) DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB HDD: Seagate 500GB PSU: Antec TP-650 OS: Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
    You can send any number of them on quests at a time I believe. Can only have 2 in the field with you though. The robot isn't a true companion. He's a ship droid. He cant fight with you, but can do crafting/quests.

[e]: Maybe I'm wrong. I thought you could take 2 with you in the field >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    Oh that's lame...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool cause I cant stand Mako