1. #1
    High Overlord Areden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    155

    SW:ToR Beta client problems

    So i have this problem and i cant find a way to solve it really. After i got accepted into the thanksgiving beta and all and start downloading the client. I reached a point where i had to download the "Main Assets 1" which its sizer was 12,4gigabytes, i downloaded nice and all and it started installing. Now this is where my problem started, after the installation of "Main Assets 1" reached 80% it stopped due to unsufficient disk space.After that i closed the client deleted some files started it up again and now i have to download all the main assets from the start, also the client is like 22,9gb sized. Any thoughts would be helpfull.

  2. #2
    How much space do you have on your hard drive?

  3. #3
    The client is indeed very very large, people say like 27gb, i was at the dentist when i downloaded so i couldn't tell you how big it is i can try and find the size somewhere but yeah, clear about 28 i would say

  4. #4
    High Overlord Areden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    155
    With the client being 22,9 and the actual size on disk 11,3 i have 17,3 gb free.

  5. #5
    My star wars folder is currently 36.6 gb

  6. #6
    High Overlord Areden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    My star wars folder is currently 36.6 gb
    Lol that sucks actually. Its getting out of control abit.

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Areden View Post
    So i have this problem and i cant find a way to solve it really. After i got accepted into the thanksgiving beta and all and start downloading the client. I reached a point where i had to download the "Main Assets 1" which its sizer was 12,4gigabytes, i downloaded nice and all and it started installing. Now this is where my problem started, after the installation of "Main Assets 1" reached 80% it stopped due to unsufficient disk space.After that i closed the client deleted some files started it up again and now i have to download all the main assets from the start, also the client is like 22,9gb sized. Any thoughts would be helpfull.
    This happened to me as well. Instead of verifing the files and just installing them the downloader wants to redownload the entire thing. Not much you can do except either get a friend who has the game already and copy it over or redownload the entire thing. After that I made sure I had 60 gigs to be safe.

  8. #8
    The client is 18.5 GB clean installed. If you have any more than that, those have to be garbage from last beta builds that you installed over.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    The client is indeed very very large, people say like 27gb, i was at the dentist when i downloaded so i couldn't tell you how big it is i can try and find the size somewhere but yeah, clear about 28 i would say
    It's been compressed to 18.5 gigs for the new build.

  10. #10
    do you have a backup hard drive at all? if so I would recommend moving any/everything you can to that (i.e music, pictures, install files from torrents, etc, etc) and try the download again.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    981
    Your problem is free disk space. You will need a minimum of around 30G of free space to download successfully. uninstall what you have, free up some space and re download. yes the final size is 18.5 gigs but that is after it deletes files necessary to get everything downloaded. This has been answered on the beta forums. Uninstall, free up the required space and download again and you will be fine.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,013
    As this is their first MMO, I think that bulge is probably something expected. Give them a few months to figure out how to cut corners and it will no longer be the nightmare it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  13. #13
    double posted

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,028
    Do note that you want some Cache space aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  15. #15
    The problem is this:
    Considering how it is done by the installer - it downloads packed files and then unpacks them. Thus during install phase you've got to have TWICE as much+ space needed for the packs to unpack. "Main assets" is around 12GB packed so you have to have 24GB free space + added unpacked size + some additional space for temporary files during unpacking - this is why you have your "out of space" situation. You have only 27GB free. You need to have more.

    Install it on another drive with enough space and then just copy the client to desired location.

  16. #16
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,157
    Properly installed SWTOR client is 18.5GB

  17. #17
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    943
    This happened to me, but all I did was close the installer and restart it... started back where it was /shrug.

    Properly installed SWTOR client is 18.5GB
    Not necessarily. My client is 30+, but I've also been in 4 beta weekends already. Apparently this new client is smaller. So, grats I guess.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Not necessarily. My client is 30+, but I've also been in 4 beta weekends already. Apparently this new client is smaller. So, grats I guess.
    there's a lot of dead weight in your assets folder

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Properly installed SWTOR client is 18.5GB
    i woudln't call it properly. it's just us, new beta testers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •