Deleted

Destruction 4.3, second stats

After weeks of searching I've never find any real facts for wich second stats are best for Destruction warlocks in 4.3. I've read some guides here and there and it's just says that crit>=mastery, they got the same value.

I'll allways loved to play Destruction, changed to Affli when Firelands came, because it were much more DPS. But now, when Destruction it's getting a buff I'm gonna change back, and I can't really see what's best for the second stat.

Shall I go for 30% Haste(+ immo tick) then crit and mastery together or just go with one thing. Or go for RNG crit all the way?
    Mastery: "Fiery Apocalypse
    Increases all fire damage you deal by 10.8%. Each point of Mastery increases fire damage by an additional 1.35%. "

Can not really get this, what's best for my class. And if we look at the gear, it's mostly crit/haste balanced.
    So, shall I go hit>haste(30%)>crit(RNG?)>mastery. Or hit>haste(30%)mastery>crit.
    Haste all the way? To get 38% HR raidbuffed?

What do you think?

Haste is definitely the way to go.
    I suggest you aim for 30,77% which is the point where you get 70% haste during bloodlust (Extra tick)
    After that I believe you will want to go for Mastery, however going full mastery is not the way I believe, keeping them balanced would be optimal. But since a lot of crit is granted through raid buffs, I would say go for mastery afterwards

Deleted
    Yeah what the post above says. 2681 Haste rating for that extra Immo tick during BL and then Mastery is a tiny bit better then Crit with Haste dropping alot in value. On paper Mastery seems to be the way to go after the Haste "cap" but the difference is so slight it probably doesn't matter alot.
    Last edited by mmoc3f1451b5b2; 2011-11-23 at 01:38 PM.

I would say go hit>haste(30%)>crit(RNG?)>mastery, will make switching to and from Affliction - Destruction quick and easy.

From what i have seen many of the fights are aoe intensive and multidot situations.
    Personally i will be going Affliction on multi target encounters and Destruction on those single target high aoe damage situations.

The only haste threshold you'll be concerned about is the 2589 one generally and until heroic DS gear you'll be continuing to stack haste > mastery > crit, once you reach a good portion of heroic gear your priority will switch to haste to 2589 > mastery > haste to 2681 > crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    The only haste threshold you'll be concerned about is the 2589 one generally and until heroic DS gear you'll be continuing to stack haste > mastery > crit, once you reach a good portion of heroic gear your priority will switch to haste to 2589 > mastery > haste to 2681 > crit
    Since i have 3263 Haste Rating unbuffed, do you think it's better to reforge it down to 2681 and reforge the rest to mastery (or crit)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Napoles View Post
    I would say go hit>haste(30%)>crit(RNG?)>mastery, will make switching to and from Affliction - Destruction quick and easy.

From what i have seen many of the fights are aoe intensive and multidot situations.
    Personally i will be going Affliction on multi target encounters and Destruction on those single target high aoe damage situations.
    Demonology is getting buffed again though. So I'd personally say Demo for AoE and Destro for single target if you don't mind carrying a couple pieces of gear you can swap out for the extra mastery. I'd up your DPS in AoE Situations drastically.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

Deleted
    I wouldnt say Demo for AoE at all, Yes Demo would be great for AoE fights but Demo also does very well at single target Damage. But yeh aim for 30% Haste then work on your mastery, Lots of haste on the new tier 13 to help also the trinket is nice as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesimas View Post
    Since i have 3263 Haste Rating unbuffed, do you think it's better to reforge it down to 2681 and reforge the rest to mastery (or crit)?
    I would only reforge haste into mastery when you have no crit on the gear to reforge into mastery instead of the haste. I.E. the only time you would go haste -> mastery would be if you have a haste/hit piece of gear.

Deleted
    According to the latest simcrafting this would be the best choice on most situations (copied straight from Elitist Jerks, recently updated):

"Item Level 359 - 378:
    Int > SP >> Hit (to cap) > Haste > Crit > Mastery
    Item Level 391 - 397:
    Int > SP > Hit (to cap) > Haste > Mastery = Crit
    Item Level 403 - 416:
    Int = Hit (to cap) > SP > Haste (2681 Rating) > Mastery > Crit > Haste"

So once you reach higher Ilvls, my post above becomes true.

Quote Originally Posted by Brumo View Post
    2681 Haste rating for that extra Immo tick during BL
    Anyone know this exact value (30.77%) for goblins? Not sure how to calculate it based on the formula from EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbee View Post
    Anyone know this exact value (30.77%) for goblins? Not sure how to calculate it based on the formula from EJ.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KPti9oE#gid=13

The answer you're looking for is 2527.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...KPti9oE#gid=13

The answer you're looking for is 2527.
    Thank you!