Answer about tatoo

Hi every1!

I have booked a time to get a tattoo the 19 of december! I have thought about this for like 1 year (since my dog died) and i am finally getting it. Its gonna be a text with underline of roses (sort of). However, to the point where i want ur experiences/words.

It will be situated on my chest kind of like this

http://www.amorvincitomnia.se/wp-con...r%C3%B6st.jpeg (its a link to a pic, however not the tatoo i am getting)

They say this will take 3 hours to make and if thats the time then thats the time. I just wonder, how much does it hurt, i know that its hard to say how much it hurts but if you could try and explain it would be awsome! Could add that I am pretty thin so quite alot of the tattoo will be just above bone.

cheers!

Like a light scratching sensation at worst. I personally found it ticklish.
    PEWPEW

Deleted
    As someone who both has and does tattoes - the chest hurts. People squirm about quite much.

The closer to bone you get, the more it will hurt. The thinner the skin, layer of fat and muscle, the more it will hurt. The chest of a skinny guy has neither fat or muscle, so you're probably in for a treat. The longer the session, the more it's going to hurt and a three hour+ session might feel a lot longer than it actually is.

The good news is that people handle pain differently so you might be ok after all. You're not going to die from the pain, but you're not going for a massage, either.

Just eat a good meal and drink lots of water before you go so your body has energy to put up a fight Also bring in something to drink. Do NOT drink alcohol or take pain killers in advance and don't be afraid to ask your artist for a few minutes of breaktime if you feel it's getting too uncomfortable.

But your tatoo will feel even more special if you know getting it done was hell, and you put up with it to honor your dog (which I personally admire..).

Hope this answers your question

manbeartruck- Thanks alot for that answer. thats what i thought. I usually handle pain pretty well but with something totally new I never know. I want it to hurt abit since I still feel pain about the dog. Will be very interesting to see how it goes. will be nervous like 30 min be4 but I cant w8 until its done.

Thanks again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lilli View Post
    manbeartruck- Thanks alot for that answer. thats what i thought. I usually handle pain pretty well but with something totally new I never know. I want it to hurt abit since I still feel pain about the dog. Will be very interesting to see how it goes. will be nervous like 30 min be4 but I cant w8 until its done.

Thanks again!
    No problemo buddy. Let's see a pic when it's done

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on where you want it, it will probably hurt the most when they are working near your collarbone and sternum. You'll be fine though, have fun.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have four in total. One on each shoulder blade, meeting across the spine. And one on each calf muscle. I personally found the two on the shoulder blades to be more of a pinching/ticking sensation. The two on my calfs hurt like hell, for some reason. Either way, enjoy the experience. Some people say it's addicting

Deleted
    i just made a tattoo yesterday and well the pain was ok but after its done it might hurt for some days.

Yeah, heard that it hurts extra much just over the bone. so extra much pain for meee yyeye!.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that you'll have to be able to cover it up for most forms of employment.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

having a chestpiece, i can tell you from experience its prolly one of the more sensitive area's on your body to get a tat, especially if you're skinny, lol.

but ya, dont drink or take pain pills because those 2 thin out your blood, which is bad when someone is sticking a needle into you a billion times, lol. my suggestion is to smoke a nice, fat, joint and just try and be relaxed as possible, and like someone said above, if you feel like its killin ya, just take a break for 10-15, let the skin kinda soothe a bit.

---------- Post added 2011-11-23 at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Remember that you'll have to be able to cover it up for most forms of employment.

read the OP, its a chest piece, so unless he/she wears a really low cut shirt, it shouldnt be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    read the OP, its a chest piece, so unless he/she wears a really low cut shirt, it shouldnt be an issue.
    I did read it. I'm not sure what sex the OP is or what kind of clothes they wear. I simply wanted to toss out some awareness is all.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I did read it. I'm not sure what sex the OP is or what kind of clothes they wear. I simply wanted to toss out some awareness is all.
    kk, just making sure =P cause unless the OP is matthew mcconaughey, i dont think they'll have to worry about covering up a chest piece, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not recommend getting a tattoo that runs over your spine. That son a bitch hurt! I have a pretty high tolerance for needle-based pain (the joys of growing up around temperamental cats) and that was not a pleasant experience. To add to that it also didn't heal properly and I'm stuck with a slightly raised ledge of scar tissue in one spot.

That horror story aside, most tattoos are bearable. The one right above my ankle I barely felt at all, actually. The best way I can describe it is that it's like someone dragging a sharp nail across a sunburn; not excruciating but tolerable. Also, your tattooist will take breaks every minute or so to refill the needle and wipe off excess ink and blood, so your skin will get a break.

Can't wait to see pictures!
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    kk, just making sure =P cause unless the OP is matthew mcconaughey, i dont think they'll have to worry about covering up a chest piece, lol
    Or they're female, as most clothing for women these days doesn't cover the collarbone.

Just, be kind.

Over the bones it might hurt a bit, or over any tendons. But it generally doesn't hurt much at all. The first moment I got my tattoo I seriously perked my head up and said loudly, "Is that all!?" and mine was apparently in a heaps painful spot.
    Raaaa!

damm you! i knew somebody would find out about my ID.-_- jk, but i will get it so i can cover it up if i want to because of future jobs and such.