Deleted

New monitor and who has a G19?

So in about a month or when 2012 begins, around that time anyways.... I will be getting alot of money from the government for college etc. (since my family is poor, yes I work).

Anyways, this money is also money I missed out on because of subscribing too late, will be about 700 euros. I will have alot of money left over after getting all my books, so I plan to buy a new monitor, can anyone point a good monitor our? Pref a wide one and from Samsung.

Also does anybody have the G19? How is the life of the lights in the keyboard? I have a G15 currently and I am planning to buy a G19 too when I cash in. (Please, don't start about mechanical keyboards.

Guess im lucky I live in the Netherlands. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a g19 but honestly the g15 or 510 is more then enough if you really need a color screen buy another lcd monitor.

Deleted
    Considering your somewhat cash strapped situation (from what I gather) otherwise - a G19 would probably not be a significant upgrade. The base keyboard itself is identical, the colour LCD option is supported by extremely few programs (and in general, it'll just be sitting in G15 mode).

I'd rather look into using the money to make sure the monitor is sensible (e.g. good quality and that it should last you a good while) - or on the computer itself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Considering your somewhat cash strapped situation (from what I gather) otherwise - a G19 would probably not be a significant upgrade. The base keyboard itself is identical, the colour LCD option is supported by extremely few programs (and in general, it'll just be sitting in G15 mode).

I'd rather look into using the money to make sure the monitor is sensible (e.g. good quality and that it should last you a good while) - or on the computer itself.
    What do you mean? I will have lots of cash, it's the opposite of what you think. :P

If you have alot of money go for it.... My girlfriend tried to suprise me with one last year... luckily her cc got declined on newegg or else i probably wouldnt have a new screen

I have a Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 monitor and a G19 kieyboard. My video card is a Geforce 480 with 1.5gb memory and I love both the monitor and keyboard.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been using it since it launched, worst thing I've ever bought. Also the back-lighting is so faint I can barely see it even with the lights out. The only useful part of the screen is the Ventrilo on the LCD but with Ventrilo sporting its own overlay now it has lost most of its use (The G15 supports the Ventrilo plugin too). Keep your G15, perhaps buy a second monitor as dual screen is far better than a G19.
    Last edited by Motoma; 2011-11-24 at 04:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    Been using it since it launched, worst thing I've ever bought. Also the back-lighting is so faint I can barely see it even with the lights out. The only useful part of the screen is the Ventrilo on the LCD but with Ventrilo sporting its own overlay now it has lost most of its use (The G15 supports the Ventrilo plugin too). Keep your G15, perhaps buy a second monitor as dual screen is far better than a G19.
    Don't have room for 2 monitors. ^^ Just want 1.