Poll: What do you think about the talent change?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Blessing of Might = Mastery?

Anyone who didn't see it, it's on the main page -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Just whoa, lol. Thoughts, opinions? I think it's good for Ret, I think it may cause problems with "blockcapping" for tanks unless Blizzard tweaks the actual ability.
    I know it's sure to be changed, broken, mangled, revamped and all before 5.0 and panda's but just figured I'd see what folks ideas on it are.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

We got word fro GC that one of the like 8 raid buffs would be Mastery. The nice part is, 5 mastery scales on it's own. And it's raid-wide.

The issue to block-capping... expect changes to Warrior and Paladin tanking masteries in that respect. It is something they wanted to change, but couldn't mid-expansion without causing alot of upheaval. The only stats they like being cappable are Hit and Expertise.

I like it, we mastery is the best stat for a ret paladin and as long as there are other classes bringing the 'old' might buff I won't be complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Snater View Post
    mastery is the best stat for a ret paladin
    That could change.

I think it's (insert nasty words here) that warriors are getting the attack power buff and they're the only ones that do so. I would rather just give up Blessing of Kings so I can keep Might as it is. Give someone else the Mastery buff. I hate it.

To keep it in perspective, it'll give 10.5% damage to Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm. That is awful. The base amount of extra damage we will have in the first place to those abilities is already 17%. That's a grand total of 27.5%, which makes it an 8% overall increase on those abilities when you have absolutely no mastery on gear. That's going to probably be a grand total of 3-4% increase on overall damage (when you have no mastery on gear. If you do, it'll be less for sure), when the current Blessing of Might is more like a 10% increase on overall damage. That's a gigantic nerf if you don't have a warrior. If their aim was to "bring the player, not the class," they're failing pretty hard right now.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-11-24 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved old might, because as a holy paladin that was some nice regen. Now we lose that for a buff to our worst stat. In my opinion they should just go back to the 3 blessings way, with wisdom, might, and kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    That could change.

I think it's (insert nasty words here) that warriors are getting the attack power buff and they're the only ones that do so. I would rather just give up Blessing of Kings so I can keep Might as it is. Give someone else the Mastery buff. I hate it.

To keep it in perspective, it'll give 10.5% damage to Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm. That is awful. The base amount of extra damage we will have in the first place to those abilities is already 17%. That's a grand total of 27.5%, which makes it an 8% overall increase on those abilities when you have absolutely no mastery on gear. That's going to probably be a grand total of 3-4% increase on overall damage (when you have no mastery on gear. If you do, it'll be less for sure), when the current Blessing of Might is more like a 10% increase on overall damage. That's a gigantic nerf if you don't have a warrior. If their aim was to "bring the player, not the class," they're failing pretty hard right now.
    It's true that with the current model 5 mastery falls behind 20% AP, but with the MoP model, CS, J, Exo and even HoW giving HP means more use for Hand of Light.

So I'd aim for an 9% increase at least overall, and if you're bringing a warrior, double that.

Seems like a pretty small nerf for a pretty big buff if you bring a warrior.. SO FAR, we never know, I dont think they'll relegate one buff to one class, after all every kind of paladin should be a separate class and they can all provide the same buffs, they won't oversight the AP one.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2011-11-24 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    It's true that with the current model 5 mastery falls behind 20% AP, but with the MoP model, CS, J, Exo and even HoW giving HP means more use for Hand of Light.

So I'd aim for an 9% increase at least overall, and if you're bringing a warrior, double that.
    How would you get a 9% increase overall? 8% on Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict - even granting a generous 60% overall damage - that's still just over 5%. Doesn't even come close.

With 4 HP sources you hit TV much more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    With 4 HP sources you hit TV much more often.
    And you can bet your sweet ass that TV will also hit for less. And if TV and CS get around 8% more dmg, in order to get an 8% overall increase from BoM ALL your dps, literally 100% of your dmg would have to come from only CS and TV. Let alone the 9% you threw out there. :P

The attack power will probbaly be covered by another class, and anyway if this ends up being exclusive to paladins I'm all for it!
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins