Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    my computers CPU was denied by the system labs but i played the beta on the highest settings.. dont trust the site
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    The graphics on low - med settings really shouldnt be that much of a problem, I have seen loads of video's and the graphics even on high arnt exactly ''next gen''

I'v seen alot of people saying it's eating high end machines, is it a bad engine from Bioware or are the video's iv seen just not doing the game justice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    The Radeon HD6770 lags a bit while playing at 1920x1080 but you can compensate for that by playing at 1680x1050. I use to run an i3 combo'd with an HD5770 and that is all it took to play on ultra
    Thanks for the response Culadin, is there a GPU you would suggest instead of the 6770 thats around the same price? (would rather stretch a little more instead of thinking "if only I paid x amount more..")

Look on the bright side:

If you lack the cash to do an upgrade over this holiday, Christmas sales are coming up, and you can usually score huge there, too.

Last year, I rebuilt my whole machine for $800.

Motherboard and Processor - $279.99
    MSI 790GX-G65 ATX AM3 790GX DDR3 2PCI-E16 CrossFire 2PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI SATA GBLAN Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 6 Core Processor 2.8GHZ
    Also included a free copy of CoD: MW2, which I sold to a classmate for $20.

RAM - $84.99
    Patriot Viper Xtreme 4GB 2X2GB DDR3 2000MHZ PC3-16000 9-11-9-27 1.65V Dual Channel Memory Kit

Secondary HDD - $79.99
    Western Digital WD20EARS Caviar Green 2TB SATA2 3GBPS 64MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM

Video Card - $104.99
    ASUS Radeon HD 5570 650MHZ 1GB 1.6GHZ DDR3 DVI HDMI VGA DIRECTX11 Low Profile PCI-E Video Card
    * I have since replaced that card with a Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 820MHZ 1GB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E DIRECTX11 Video Card, at $84.99, it's Crossfire capable, and I only paid like $30 for it, cause I sold my other to a friend back in Aug so he could be ready for SW:TOR :P

Case - $84.99
    Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case 900 ATX 9 Drive Bay No PS Top USB2.0 1394 Audio

Taxes and shipping make up the rest of the cost. And there was a free copy of Darksiders in there too, which I did keep.

This rig has done me well so far. I was running an easy 30FPS (no idea how to check in-game in SW:TOR, but it was very smooth, I will say) on the last Beta Weekend, on the max settings allowed.

Control-Shift S brings up FPS if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Control-Shift S brings up FPS if I remember correctly.
    Ctrl Shift F

I've been a beta tester for a couple months now and I'd played on low settings and max video settings both. If you have to play the game on low settings it will be a horrible experience. Upon installing the game I had thought it was supposed to auto detect my optimum settings and set the video preferances accordingly. I was playing and was horrified with what I saw, and upon checking the video settings, they weren't even set to the lowest settings across the board. It may be playable, but it wont be enjoyable. I dont care what some people say that they've seen videos and there wont be a huge differance, but they are wrong. There is a HUGE differance. Although the game is very cartoony, it looks beautiful on high settings.

In closing, you may be able to play it on low settings, but you may end up hating the game because of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Night fall View Post
    I've been a beta tester for a couple months now and I'd played on low settings and max video settings both. If you have to play the game on low settings it will be a horrible experience. Upon installing the game I had thought it was supposed to auto detect my optimum settings and set the video preferances accordingly. I was playing and was horrified with what I saw, and upon checking the video settings, they weren't even set to the lowest settings across the board. It may be playable, but it wont be enjoyable. I dont care what some people say that they've seen videos and there wont be a huge differance, but they are wrong. There is a HUGE differance. Although the game is very cartoony, it looks beautiful on high settings.

In closing, you may be able to play it on low settings, but you may end up hating the game because of it.
    So bacially you're saying, only people who can play the game at max settings should play, because on lower settings it's not enjoyable.

Really, how much of the player base do you think will be playing on low settings compared to high?

I've played on low and high, and low isn't anything like you make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    So bacially you're saying, only people who can play the game at max settings should play, because on lower settings it's not enjoyable.

Really, how much of the player base do you think will be playing on low settings compared to high?

I've played on low and high, and low isn't anything like you make it out to be.
    No, I didn't say any such thing. People are free to play on any video setting they see fit. I'm merely trying to give input from first hand experince. Any and all people should try it out, it's an awesome game, but it's much more enjoyable at higher settings.

And I beg to differ, low settings are terrible. I'm just giving an honest opinion.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Thanks for the response Culadin, is there a GPU you would suggest instead of the 6770 thats around the same price? (would rather stretch a little more instead of thinking "if only I paid x amount more..")
    Radeon HD6790 $109 After MIR
    or
    Radeon HD6850 $129.99 After MIR

Both are similarly priced and capable of gaming at 1080p. My personal favorite for budget gaming builds is the Radeon HD6850 since it usually comes in under $150 and is a great work horse in games.

In the future any more PC related questions should be directed to the Computer forums found here or via PM to me.