Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's about showing same thing for a long time. Like for example the windows logo on taskbar in bottom left corner is always there. That is the reason screen savers were used with CRT monitors.

Same problem could happen if you have TV always on same channel if it has static logo on some corner.
    Yeah I get that... but the movement causes the screen to in effect "flicker" so it would prevent burn...

In any case this is all a moot point, as has been pointed out above.... The problem is no longer so prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by 3klund View Post
    Whats the best type of TV to hook my laptop up too? I was talking to my brother and he said Plasma's have a giant problem with them having the images burning into it and I'd prefer not to do that.. I'm getting a 42'' and was curious is LCD/LED/or Plasma would be the best? It'll be 1080p if that makes a difference
    That problem has been nearly non-existant for years already. Your bro lives in last decade.

---------- Post added 2011-11-25 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Don't use plasma it burns the hell out of the screen. LCD is what I'm using and it's perfectly fine no issues. Had a 52in plasma and it burned images into it like crazy.
    Yes, if you buy a 10 year old plasma.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    effect "flicker" so it would prevent burn...
    The burn in is caused by long-term display of a specific colour/pattern. Brief interruptions has little effect on that.

You're not gonna get a burn in problem from one day of monitor use - its when its done over the course of weeks/months that it becomes a problem.

Cheaper plasma TVs still have the burn-in problem, claiming it's no longer an issue is not true. It's no longer an issue if you want to buy $1000 TV but not on sub $500 market segment.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

playing on 23" 120hz monitor and i dont think i need anything better for now ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    That problem has been nearly non-existant for years already. Your bro lives in last decade.
    Well yeah the last TV he owned was a Plasma and that was 5-6 years ago and now he has a LED I believe so he didn't know better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3klund View Post
    Whats the best type of TV to hook my laptop up too? I was talking to my brother and he said Plasma's have a giant problem with them having the images burning into it and I'd prefer not to do that.. I'm getting a 42'' and was curious is LCD/LED/or Plasma would be the best? It'll be 1080p if that makes a difference
    Plasma is a bad choice, my last TV was a 42" plasma and I had the start bar burned pretty bad into the bottom of the TV, I got a 47" Vizio TV, 3D and it works perfect, I can even play 3D content from my laptop no problem. 1080p would make a difference if what you are watching is 1080p and you connect thru HDMI port. I don't believe the VGA port supports 1080p but i could be wrong. as for LED TV's I hear they are real nice for their high contrast and true black but unless you are doing heavy photo editing, you shouldn't notice a difference between that and LCD.

I hook my laptop and my pc up to my 50" plasma all the time, it looks and plays fantastic, no issues at all. Laptop is an Asus G73JH, TV is a Panasonic G10.

As far as burn-in, as a lot of people said, it's mostly a thing of the past (as long as you do your homework). For example my TV has anti-image retention / pixel orbiter on static images , so I won't ever suffer from image burn-in. Plus 100,000 hour panel life and a 'game' mode for fluidity and sharpness while gaming, it's just great.

I have a Sony Bravia 32" 1080p 60Hz LCD TV and it is amazing. i upgraded from the hannspree 28" monitor to this bravia. i will never go back to a normal computer monitor. its breathtaking on this thing. i would not go any bigger than 32 tho. and maybe try and get a 120Hz refresh rage tv.

Quote Originally Posted by moknathal View Post
    and maybe try and get a 120Hz refresh rage tv.
    Notice that 120Hz (or higher TV) can not display 120Hz computer screen. You need a 3D TV to have any chance.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

42" 120Hz, 1080p Hitachi LCD TV

Only real problem is it's rather easy to lose the mouse cursor on a screen this size. Been running it for 3 years now with no burn in what so ever and I have fallen asleep watching movies on more than one occasion to wake up with the screen still on hours later.

IMO, go check out the TV you intend to buy in a local store and make sure it's crisp and clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc1905 View Post
    I don't believe the VGA port supports 1080p but i could be wrong.
    VGA in fact supports much higher resolutions, but is subject to much worse signal degradation than DVI or HDMI which is why it has been getting less and less use. (In order to get 1920 x 1080 resolution, the cable has to be less than 190cm long (pretty sure any longer than that yields very poor quality/resolution.)

You could for example pass a 2048 x 1536 resolution through a VGA cable, but the cable length would be limited to about 90cm. That's just on the Good Quality ones at about £10 a meter though.