Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question LFR loot lockout

I couldn't find any general thread dedicated to LFR, so I hope there will be no harm from this one.

I don't know if this has already been explained by Blizz, by I didn't find it. They mentioned that LFR (or is it 4.3) lockout will work differently, allowing you to kill the same bosses again but without being able to loot them. And that left me with some questions:

- Will I be eligible for loot distribution in a run, if I've already killed the boss, but didn't get any items? Or even if no items for my spec had dropped, so I didn't roll.
    - How will it affect normal raid lockouts? Will I be able to loot the boss that I killed using LFR later with my guild? Will I be able to participate in encounters I've already cleared in normal raids, without being able to loot, just to help other players?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I couldn't find any general thread dedicated to LFR, so I hope there will be no harm from this one.

I don't know if this has already been explained by Blizz, by I didn't find it. They mentioned that LFR (or is it 4.3) lockout will work differently, allowing you to kill the same bosses again but without being able to loot them. And that left me with some questions:

- Will I be eligible for loot distribution in a run, if I've already killed the boss, but didn't get any items? Or even if no items for my spec had dropped, so I didn't roll.
    - How will it affect normal raid lockouts? Will I be able to loot the boss that I killed using LFR later with my guild? Will I be able to participate in encounters I've already cleared in normal raids, without being able to loot, just to help other players?
    To your first point no. Your only eligible for the FIRST LFR run that you do, no matter what drops. And by First I mean the FIRST first half and the FIRST second half, because Dragon Soul is split into 2 for LFR.

To your second point, it will not affect Normal/Heroic lockouts at all.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

LFR is a separate lockout from Normal/Heroic.

LFR items are ilevel 384/390, where Normal is 397/403.

As the above answered, you get first boss kill per week you are there for.

Oh, and the VP for finishing one wing of LFR Dragon Soul (since it's cut into 2 halves) is once a week, per half.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post

To your first question no if you killed the boss and didn't get any loot you are still not eligible to next kill on the same boss. THIS IS ONLY FOR LFR. (This was early on the PTR so not sure)

Normal Raid lockouts are completely seperate. If you kill shit in normal none of the LFR aspects apply. If you kill it in Normal first, you can still get drops in LFR but only for first kill.

I hope that clarifies.

Edit: Guess someone already said it.
    Last edited by Deathzero; 2011-11-25 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Beaten to the punch.

Btw, this system is really nice.
    Usually its really hard to find non-saved players in the end of lockout.
    But now a lot of players will wait til monday-tuesday because it will mean that they will have better chance to get in raid with already saved people who will not roll on loot.

What happens if you join a raid and only kill 1/4 ?
    Will you be able to join for rest later?
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    I think you won't be eligible for loot for that first boss but you will be for the others I believe.

That specific scenario I'm not entirely sure on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gootgot View Post
    You will have to kill first boss again with your new group, and you will not be eligable to roll on loot from first boss.

There is chance that you will get to raid that already killed 1st boss, but its not very high. You can get in group that already killed 3 bosses and is wiping on fourth as well. You can kill it with this group, and after that queue again to clear first 3 from the beginning. Ofc you will have notification "1/4 bosses alive" and you can decline your raid invitation and queue again.

Excellent work.By saying this you have hit the head of the nail.cheers.

Deleted
    The problem with LFR is that as you are only locked out for the loot but can join as many times as you like, picture this.

You queue for DS
    You kill the first 2 bosses
    you then wipe on the 3rd and everyone leaves.
    You requeue knowing you only need the 3rd and 4th boss.
    You have a chance of getting in on any of the bosses and not the ones you already need.

Try looking at it like this.

You join LFR and you get in on the 3rd boss, even if you kill him you then need to go back and requeue to finish off the other bosses you didnt kill.

Best thing is, hope the queue pops you in on the 1st boss and stay until the bitter end, or risk getting requeued on a random boss you have already killed and gain noting from killing agian.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    The problem with LFR is that as you are only locked out for the loot but can join as many times as you like, picture this.

You queue for DS
    You kill the first 2 bosses
    you then wipe on the 3rd and everyone leaves.
    You requeue knowing you only need the 3rd and 4th boss.
    You have a chance of getting in on any of the bosses and not the ones you already need.

Try looking at it like this.

You join LFR and you get in on the 3rd boss, even if you kill him you then need to go back and requeue to finish off the other bosses you didnt kill.

Best thing is, hope the queue pops you in on the 1st boss and stay until the bitter end, or risk getting requeued on a random boss you have already killed and gain noting from killing agian.
    I'm not too bothered by that, rather get in a raid at the 3rd and finish it than getting a raid and wipe on 2nd boss and people starting to leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm not too bothered by that, rather get in a raid at the 3rd and finish it than getting a raid and wipe on 2nd boss and people starting to leave.
    I tried LFR for the first time last night and it is a bit annoying. You tend to get pulled into existing raids - I only managed to get into a fresh raid once for each half all evening. I got pulled into Hagara a lot (who is the last boss). There were a lot of people changing between bosses.

On the plus side, these raids are very easy and I did all the bosses at least once in my first evening (and a 5-man) so on live there's a good chance you'll make it straight through.

There's no replay value in these fights so I doubt there'll be much benefit in waiting until the end of the week - you'll just be competing with a load of (poorly geared) alts for loot. I'm just 3/7hc on FL and most of the LFR loot I've seen is worse or similar to 378 gear so it's really just down to hoping for a tier piece like BH to get set bonuses early. 500 VP for completing both halves isn't to be sniffed at either I suppose, as it's half the weekly allowance now.

Deleted
    There will be comfusion with the LFR at the launch - still cant understand why not 10man - ok queues will be faster on 25man but still its not easy to find 25ppl who listen and follow orders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerya View Post
    There will be comfusion with the LFR at the launch - still cant understand why not 10man - ok queues will be faster on 25man but still its not easy to find 25ppl who listen and follow orders
    The reason I think 25man is they way to go is because 2-3 people can die and the boss will still fall. If it is 10man and 2-3 people die you have alot of dps to make up.

25man gives you alot of room to work around if people mess up.

First boss reuqires only 3 people to soak the orb. try doing that in 10man lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    I tried LFR for the first time last night and it is a bit annoying. You tend to get pulled into existing raids - I only managed to get into a fresh raid once for each half all evening. I got pulled into Hagara a lot (who is the last boss). There were a lot of people changing between bosses.

On the plus side, these raids are very easy and I did all the bosses at least once in my first evening (and a 5-man) so on live there's a good chance you'll make it straight through.

There's no replay value in these fights so I doubt there'll be much benefit in waiting until the end of the week - you'll just be competing with a load of (poorly geared) alts for loot. I'm just 3/7hc on FL and most of the LFR loot I've seen is worse or similar to 378 gear so it's really just down to hoping for a tier piece like BH to get set bonuses early. 500 VP for completing both halves isn't to be sniffed at either I suppose, as it's half the weekly allowance now.
    That's good to hear, I'm even less bothered now, if the fights are easy on LFR, I don't care doing another fight.

No, the reason they can't do it in 10 man is that classes are random. So you could end up in a 10 man with only melee dps fex. And it could make some boss fights hard or impossible to do. That is virtually impossible in 25 man.

Also queues will be lower with 2 tanks 6 heals 17 dps rather then 2 - 3 - 5. That's an extra 12 dps 3 healers that group up with the same 2 tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ct67 View Post
    I'm just 3/7hc on FL and most of the LFR loot I've seen is worse or similar to 378 gear so it's really just down to hoping for a tier piece like BH to get set bonuses early. 500 VP for completing both halves isn't to be sniffed at either I suppose, as it's half the weekly allowance now.
    Which piece of gear is worse or similar to 378 gear? It's item level 384 and has more sockets and better socket bonuses than Firelands gear. It's about equivalent to Firelands 391 gear, and the 390 drops off Deathwing are better than anything other than Heroic Rag drops.

The LFR is not to get awesomly geaered. its just there for you to see the end game content - with just a bit tbetter gear to make the queues full of differenr classes.
    Whta concerns me is the dificulty of new 5 mans as they are really easy, i did them all with a pug on the first day being on PTR with only one wipe in each dungeon.
    Imo every scrub can get 378 ilvl in first week of new patch and we will see LFR ful of retards. I bet first month of LFR will make many people insanely frustrated.

But in the end i like the idea, its just the human factor that screw things in most cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rvlzr View Post
    It's about equivalent to Firelands 391 gear, and the 390 drops off Deathwing are better than anything other than Heroic Rag drops.
    I'm sorry but this statement is just so false. Theres a huge loss of Primary & Secondary Stat budgets between H FL 391 Gear vs. LFR 384 Gear. And 390 DW weapons do not compare to the 397 H Rag drops. (LOL LFR 2H Sword competing with H Sulfuras? Not even the 397 2H Axes or 403 2H Sword from Normal competes with that.)

Only thing that would compete would be the acquisition of Tier Gear in LFR, getting the 2pc/4pc outweights the DPS loss of going 391 -> 384 and losing the T12 4pc 391 vs T13 4pc 384 for some classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    (LOL LFR 2H Sword competing with H Sulfuras? Not even the 397 2H Axes or 403 2H Sword from Normal competes with that.)
    Please look at stats and dmg once again. The 403 normal 2h Sword from DW has higher top end and is faster. It also carries more strength with it. Only loss is the secondary stats BUT do not say the 2h normal sword does not compete with it. That is quite wrong.