Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol, the worst I'll rage is maybe say a cuss word after being killed.

I get pissed every once in a while and it usually just means I'll be saying fuck and stupid a lot.

Yeah i use to get mad but now i just kinda /sigh to alot i prob should rage at.

Nope.

I'm a grown woman playing games to enjoy myself. I do not break the things I pay for with hard earned cash, and I do not rage about the games themselves. I rarely get frustrated with the games, but I do get frustrated with the people I play with in WoW. I'm a casual hardcore player, meaning I don't take it seriously and I can easily stay away from a game for ages, BUT...when I DO play, I do my best to perform well/best of all to defeat the content, and then it's annoying with people that can't even be bothered to use their class appropriate spells/buffs/pets...

Deleted
    Only when i PvP, or in racing games. Nothing to serious tho. Usually just shout very load and i've broken a glass or two from banging my fist in the desk. Other than that i'm usually pretty calm

Before pretty much every mouse was optical, I used to rage pretty hard against those !@#$ing lint-clogged rollers messing with my gameplay and want to smash the mice to pieces.

Extremely. I've broken like 6+ mouses, equal amount of keyboards. 2 headsets and in 1 week I smashed 3 PS3 kontrollers

Deleted
    Thought about this quite a lot, feel I've narrowed it down to a specific answer.

If I personally feel I am good at the game, and I am killed by ways I deem cheap / repeatedly lucky / or by someone I consider worse, I will scream a loud 'FUCK OFF, NO WAY!'. Obviously this builds the more times it happens.

If I DON'T however consider myself good at what I'm doing, as in I'm new, or don't particularly care about the competitive side of the game, I will almost always laugh it off.

The only time the pissed-off factor ever comes to me, is when I feel I could do better or what is causing me to fail is ludicrous. (ludicrous here going by the above definitions).

I'll use competitive CS here as an example. Were I, to lose in a scenario against a team I KNEW I was better than, I would rage. However, against a team that was evenly matched or indeed better, I would take it in good sport.

Hopefully that answers it.

EDIT: Though by rage, the most it comes to is slamming a fist on the desk, stress relief works. 90% of the time it's just me becoming incredibly foul mouthed.

I mainly get frustrated games when games dont work exactly as theyre supposed to and you die/fail because of it.

I.e games that have a "press this button now" thing and you press the button with perfect timing and it doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    90% of the time it's just me becoming incredibly foul mouthed.
    There's no better way to do it.

'Fucking stupid' is one of the best phrases ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkohl View Post
    I don't get mad and i'm not lying. I play games for fun, and don't really care if I die a lot or anything, cause guess what? i can just turn it off and do something else.
    then you are not a passionate gamer....

Pater! In manus tuas committo spiritum meum!

Depends on the game. Usually no. However, when a game is un-fun enough that it is bewildering, absolutely I'll rage.

So basically I was raging constantly at Civilization V.

Deleted
    No, I am always cool as cucumber. Although that is because of my awesomeness in most of the games.

I don't get angry, sometimes I get frustrated with some of the FPS's in situations, generally only related to lag where it seems like I'm being shot through walls or put a clip into someone and then they turn and 1shot me. When that happens I finish the match and then leave the room so I don't have to deal with that host again. Common phrases include 'f*cking b*llsh*t' and 'no f*cking way'

I have never broken something because I was so mad at a video game.

Obviously sometimes I get mad/frustrated at what people say in trade or general, but I can just iggy or turn the channel off. That is different than getting angry at something that actually happens in game, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    I generally only get really angry when it's a multiplayer situation. In single player I don't really get angry at the game unless it's bugging out on me.

I dont lie is a lie. I try not to lie is true^.^ That being said, I try my best not to rage, if I felt Im going to rage, I try to walk away. It happens sometimes that I rage though, we are only human after all, we can just try our best to control it. We might rage in anything and none can deny that. I am calm when I play but you can not control things that you "cant" control!
    Some said something about not raging (like it never or will ever happens or might happen even), my dad does not rage when playing games. Reason? he does not play games^.^ I play for fun but as gamers, we got this competition part in us. We care about something, then there is always the possibilty that we get some negative feelings etc from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to not be able to go 2 BGs without raging from some class stunlocking me and killing me without me being able to do a single thing. I don't play WoW anymore, but I do get upset sometimes when I get killed by someone, usually because they killed me in some cheap manner that couldn't be avoided. Even then, its pretty infrequent.

Deleted
    yup, while playing League of Legends, i'm level 30 (max level) and to reach that you need to play around 100-150 games.
    but frankly, even when some players have played over 500 games they just don't know what to do, for some reason they refuse to communicate,
    what really makes me angry, it's a teamplay based game, communiction is the most essential thing. But i just don't get it why people refuse to communicate and only think for themself instead of the rest of the team.

Deleted
    Uhm, yeah I smashed my guitar hero guitar off the ground because i failed at fury of the storm on hard near the end... /sigh
    Also smashed my controller off the ground cos I got spawn killed in mw3
    I also rage when playing BF3 and there's a medic and your like MEDIC!!!! hes like DerpDerpDerp just runs away and you die I go WTFFFFFFFF I ask for healz?!

Seldomly, when playing against other players.