Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Am I the only person not interested in playing a non-Jedi or Sith?

I'll be the first to admit that Boba Fett was the coolest looking character in Star Wars, or that Han Solo was the most charismatic character in the original Star Wars films. But after watching faceless troopers, and bounty hunters get slaughtered by Jedi and Sith who were almost God-like in comparison to anything else. The idea of playing a non-Force user seems to lose all appeal. Does anyone else disagree, or have a reason (other than rarity) to play a non Force using class?

10+ Year Old Account
    I specifically don't want to play a bounty hunter because of all the horrible Fett fanboys out there. Honestly, they're way worse than any Jedi or Sith fanatic you can find because they're like OMG BERBA FERT CERD LERK TERTERLY BLER ERP THER DERTH STERR WERTH WERN HERND N STERF. When really, everyone knows that he fucking fell into the Sarlaac three times because he's a secondary chump of a character.

No, but really - being a trooper sounds cool, being a Sith spy sounds cool. Jedi and Sith force users might be overrated by now because of the movies, but it's the countless hordes of 'Mandalorian' bounty hunters you're going to have to watch out for. I'll bet it's the #1 overpopulated class at launch, and the people playing them are going to be annoying as hell because, well, the people taht jump all over Fett's dick are annoying as hell.

But I'm playing Inq Sin because I want to rogue all over peoples dicks.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2011-11-25 at 06:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll move this to the SWTOR forum.

Oh, I'm going with either trooper or Sith Warrior. Haven't decided completely.

If I do decide to play, I sort of doubt I will be a Sith or a Jedi. Lightsaber classes are pretty played out to me already with the two KotOR games.

Probably gonna be with the Republic though.

Bounty Hunter is definitely my first choice for a non-force user. I also really like the trooper.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Deleted
    Tell that to my IA sniper when he will plant a bullet in your brainz xD.
    I just love empire, snipers and the cover system, seems like the perfect class for me
    Last edited by mmoc65c7cd305c; 2011-11-25 at 06:36 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hop on your bandwagon and roll a Bounty Hunter as well
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Deleted
    Given the nature of the game, I will definitely be creating one of each class. With a different questing experience for each class, it seems like an excellent investment when combined with my love of plot and story based interaction in an MMORPG. I'll likely settle on a Sith Inquistor as my main, since I loved playing a Warlock in WoW and they're fairly similar.

How can you pass up on Bwizz? Range tanking sound very interesting to me. I was going to roll a Jugger but after playing around with the Trooper (which is the mirror to BH), I'm going BH tank for sure. I'll miss though being able to bitch slap that Vette. Ah well.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd be interested in any class, but the Jedi Consular fits my healing style. That is really the only reason I'm choosing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'll move this to the SWTOR forum.

Oh, I'm going with either trooper or Sith Warrior. Haven't decided completely.
    is it called trooper on the empire's side? I was thinking with going with they're long range class too

trooper all day

If it's of any help, I'm not interested in not playing a non-Jedi or Sith
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Totally playing a Powertech Bounty Hunter. Rolled a Sith Jug for Beta and found it quite fun. Will probably make a jug alt for sure but yeah non force using fan here for sure... just love rockets and blaster fire!!

15+ Year Old Account
    IA for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is swarming with troopers/BH.

Im going either IA or Trooper, I want a shooter class, I loved being a hunter in wow because of shooting a bow/gun. In Skyrim although i sometimes break out my dual wielding weapons, i mostly like to sit back and fire my bow. Frankly in any game, I prefer to sit back and shoot while other guys get hit.

I'm planning on going Smuggler on my main, but I'm playing a Sith Warrior right now and I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty fun. Force Charge ftw Probably make a Jedi Knight my first alt.
    Yub Yub

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point about the fett fan boys, and agree, I know some Irl.

Buuuuut... After playing the beta, I find Jedi to be the most "fun" class out of them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I'm playing a Jedi is because I wanted to be a tank, and I wanted to be melee. Jedi Guardian it is. It has absolutely nothing to do with lightsabers (actually not a fan of them) or force powers. I know there's a ranged tank, non-force user, and I might give that a try on my second char. Or third. Or tenth. I plan on rolling at least one of every class.

I do agree though, there will definitely be more force-using characters than non-force. SW fanboys all the way, apparently. Just like that 'world boss raids' video someone posted...there were so many lightsabers in that video it looked like a freaking rave.