Class and Faction questions about SWTOR

I'm not intending to play the stress test, mainly because i wont get home till tomorrow night, and I don't want to spoil myself about the game to much, kind of want some surprises so im not bored trying to get back to where i was on the beta.

I'm currently thinking of playing an IA, and possibly a JC. Just have a couple questions.

First is there really a difference between an IA and a Smuggler? And next is either faction more fun to play? Also which faction seems to have more of the MW3 kids playerbase playing it, I would like to avoid that crowd as much as I can. Next which classes are the most and least popular, I usually don't like playing overly popular classes.

Also, for companions, which class seems to have the most interesting companions? Also which gun oriented ranged class seems to be the most fun (that is what im mostly interested in, I like jedi's/sith warriors and such, but gun classes have always appealed to me more.).

I'm usually not a big alt person, I might make one or two, that is why im wondering because once I start a class I won't really feel like going back, so I want to pick a class from the start that I will end up enjoying the most.

IA got the cover thing which is pretty unique in MMO's. Same with the smuggler. To me, as a long time caster, SI looks the most interesting. Too bad it's looking like the most popular class in the game according to polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    D/W about playing the stress test... you won't be able to actually play :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Tureni View Post
    D/W about playing the stress test... you won't be able to actually play :-D
    Yup one reason I decided not worth even trying :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    IA got the cover thing which is pretty unique in MMO's. Same with the smuggler. To me, as a long time caster, SI looks the most interesting. Too bad it's looking like the most popular class in the game according to polls.
    Cover sounds interesting, I enjoyed the Mass Effect cover system so if it's similar I may like playing the IA or smuggler even more. I'm guessing they are basically the same class with different names, and different stories/companions. I haven't been a huge caster fan (I don't count the hunter pre-cata a caster) although my current main in WoW is a resto/tanking druid (although most the time it's my hunter, it was only a druid because i wanted something different for cata).

If IA is a sniper like class like I heard, I am really leaning torwards that, because I love being able to stand back and shoot, although a trooper sounds fun to mess around with (not a Bounty Hunter, from what I have read around, it looks like the type of class I would avoid wanting to be because of generic stereotype of being a bunch of bobba fett fanboy MW3 kids)

I guess now I am 85% sure im going IA, unless a smuggler has more appealing aspects to it. Also IA being a playboy of the SW universe makes it more appealing. :P