Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Successful First Day Stress Test?

I would say thats a good try.

From my prespertive:

Took around 20 mins to login.
    Then relised there was no EU English servers (for a good reason)
    By about 10:40 CST I was logged in playing on a US server
    About 11:20 we logged off, joined one of the new EU servers
    1:30 I dced and was 500th in the queue, so I jumped back onto a US server
    30 mins later jumped back on EU server, waited 5 mins for queue.

Overall I was quite pleased. Most the people qqing are doing so becasue there was not many servers up at the start, hence the massive queue times, but they were STRESS TESTING! So apart from the login blip for 20 mins at the start I would say they did well.

Deleted
    How do you know that additional servers hadn't been up previously and crashed due to instability?

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloaded main assets 7, failed at installing them.
    Tried various fixes.
    Deleted all files.
    Downloaded everything from the beginning.
    Failed at installing main assets 7.
    Deleted all files.
    Currently succeeded in installing main assets 7 (:-O), downloading english assets 1...
    How many effing assets are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    How do you know that additional servers hadn't been up previously and crashed due to instability?
    If they were down due to instability they crashed within the first three minutes

some ppl couldnt get throught launcher/server list/ characters/ client chrashes for stupid reasons.... i cant call it good stress test cause thats something i wouldnt expect from game 3 weeks before release ... but maybe im wrong

The longest I had to wait was maybe 3 minutes in queue so that hasn't been an issue. The part that's annoying me right now is not being able to log off so I have to alt-f4 out of the game.

I played during the last beta weekend. For me the game installed flawlessly and I had zero issues getting online. My beta test this weekend starts tomorrow, so we'll see if they managed to break anything since I tested a couple weeks ago.

<Snip> Trying to keep the thread on topic.

Everything downloaded and installed correctly, logged in at 11:01am EST.

I've not encountered any queues since, from later logins.

Lets see

I COULDN'T LOG IN CAUSE I'M NOT IN BETA! *raise fist in insane anger*

Was perfect, 100% perfect.

Everyone I played with had it perfect as well. There is nubs out there who mess up there own systems though.

Yes there is bugs, very minor bugs, which if you read the stickys, are easily solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 3 or so minutes to get through the queue, which was nice. I then proceeded to play Bounty Hunter for a few hours, and largely enjoyed the questing experience. There was minimal lag, so I think it went quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    My big question is this; if there were ques today, what is going to happen the rest of the weekend when everyone else gets a shot at getting into the game? Also, I'm super curious how many people tried to get in today and how many more will try to get in over the next couple of days.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    My big question is this; if there were ques today, what is going to happen the rest of the weekend when everyone else gets a shot at getting into the game? Also, I'm super curious how many people tried to get in today and how many more will try to get in over the next couple of days.
    Fuck it, I'm probably not gonna mess with it for the rest of the stress test. I'll let the weekend warriors that have a lot more motivation due to excitement from never having played before sit through the queues >.>
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    my test started at 10 AM cst, and it didn't start very well... i had to download 180 MB of assets. not a problem, i thought... but the effin things were downloading on 25-40 kb/s >.<
    so i spent 1.5 hours patching... and then another hour waiting in a queue for the eu server.
    after 4 hours the game just crashed for no apparent reason and didn't give me any errors.
    though, inbetween i had a pretty decent gameplay expirience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Fuck it, I'm probably not gonna mess with it for the rest of the stress test. I'll let the weekend warriors that have a lot more motivation due to excitement from never having played before sit through the queues >.>
    well, i just tried the game, won't bother for the rest of the weekend . seems nice, though the combat kinda gets on my nerves >.<

I logged in at 17:30 and at that time i had no login queue at all and the only things that didn't work as it should do (with the exception for a couple of small bugs) was that my character was getting stuck frequently and and a few crashes while doing battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I logged in exactly at 11am EST (when my testing began) and have not had any lag, disconnects, or crashes whatsoever.

I'd call that a success.

Had a ton of minor bugs and glitches and one huge lagspike, but nothing too serious.

Been playing for 6 hours straight. Had about a 10 minute queue to log on in the morning. I've had one disconnect and a couple very minor bugs (usually graphical glitches) but other than that it's been completely smooth.

Deleted
    Extremly SUCCESSFUL stress test!! Logged in 17:00 CET and play until now with 0 lag, good fps in warzones cities etc, settings on highest with ok computer
    This stresstest is more smooth then wow cata launch which in my eyes was pretty damn good (1 could play nonstop after 1h trouble)

since i got in it has been extremely smooth, the place i was in had a minor lag-spike but thats about it.

no crashes as of yet either :>
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI