Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Such an imbalanced game

I've played LoL since last spring and have a few characters that I've purchased, and play it quite freqently with friends. I think I'll just stick to FPS's until something new comes out because the game is just so bad. Depending on the team, any side with an Alistar, Trynd, or Master Yi has such an advantage. Then it seems like they completely fuck over other champions. "High I'm teemo, I have cute little mushrooms!" then get killed before 1/2 a cc is over. It's not a class "A -> class B -> class A -> class A" type of game, but I've found it to be more of a hierarchy. Usually I end games raged because apparently a tank geared Singed can go 3v1 and win. I just don't see how there are so many members of the LoL community with such imbalance. I believe what keeps players hooked is the prospect that they -can- actually achieve greatness with what ever toon they use once they have the right level and runes etc. In the end though, that hierarchy of classes will just take a shit on everything else. Sure there's the occasional noob player or more common, the "godly" trynd with a horrible team that just can't quite carry the team alone, but other than that it's just a turkey shoot. What's the point?

Edit: Incase you're wondering, no I don't play Teemo, but I kill him regardless of my character.

Deleted
    Teemo like any other ad carry is realy realy squishy. Granted hes not a full ad carry, but if you play safe for the first 15 minutes and farm last hits well. He does some pretty nice damage late game.

if you dont have a decent support laning partner as an ad carry you can be so easily ganked you cant push minions safely so have to keep them middle or close to your turret.

Every class has a counter though, and as for singed... hes a total troll character, dont chase him and you wont die. its a TEAM game, if your team dont work together you will lose. You must have a tank or support for late game if you have an ad carry, because otherwise there just a free kill for there assasin every group fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is unbalanced mainly in one way (which is a good way)

Good players > Bad players

A good player can play whomever and own as the skill level means pretty much all. It's not the champs, it's the player.

Its like 1v1/2v2 in wow, basically some champs/classes just own certain other ones, and if you get a team of squishy champs vs tough champs you will likely lose.

Unless you have a great team which focuses cc's and withdraws/attacks at the right time.
    and even then you can backdoor to win the game. (not dominion though but most my comments are based on the normal game mode.)
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't balance for skill differences or lack of understanding of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Can't balance for skill differences or lack of understanding of the game.
    This basically

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    I've played LoL since last spring and have a few characters that I've purchased, and play it quite freqently with friends. I think I'll just stick to FPS's until something new comes out because the game is just so bad. Depending on the team, any side with an Alistar, Trynd, or Master Yi has such an advantage. Then it seems like they completely fuck over other champions. "High I'm teemo, I have cute little mushrooms!" then get killed before 1/2 a cc is over. It's not a class "A -> class B -> class A -> class A" type of game, but I've found it to be more of a hierarchy. Usually I end games raged because apparently a tank geared Singed can go 3v1 and win. I just don't see how there are so many members of the LoL community with such imbalance. I believe what keeps players hooked is the prospect that they -can- actually achieve greatness with what ever toon they use once they have the right level and runes etc. In the end though, that hierarchy of classes will just take a shit on everything else. Sure there's the occasional noob player or more common, the "godly" trynd with a horrible team that just can't quite carry the team alone, but other than that it's just a turkey shoot. What's the point?

Edit: Incase you're wondering, no I don't play Teemo, but I kill him regardless of my character.
    Doesn't make a lot of sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alistar, Master Yi, or Trynd?

Um yeah, no. If you keep playing, you'll learn how to actually handle those champions. Any champion can easily be shut down if you just know how they work and how to take advantage of their weaknesses. It's especially important to work with your team-mates to get the job done rather than trying to do it all on your own, seeing how this game is specifically balanced around 5v5, not 1v1.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Comparing someone with frozen mallet as the only real defensive item with a full tank guy... what a surprise that the other guy survives longer. seriously... don't compare apples to bananas

Meh, Warwick eats Singed for breakfast. He's faster, he's got more damage, and he's going to outheal poison trail easy. QQ Singed.

Anyway, I agree that the game is unbalanced. Levels > runes/masteries mean too much, and summoner spells decide the outcome of almost every single engagement in the game, even from level 1. You also get punished WAY too hard for duo queueing normal games, my level 22 smurf account that I play on when I want to play with a friend (level 20), we get put up against 30s all the time, people with 1k+ wins who are WAY better than my friend, and we usually get level 15 teammates who get totally smashed in their lanes.

Apparently everyone who duo-queues is some hardcore pro gamer trying to smash all the noobs for laughs.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-11-26 at 12:57 PM.

Teemo eats Yii for breakfast. Twice. But since Yii is pretty horrible you hardly ever see one to begin with. And WW isn't faster than singed.

It's a team game for a reason, you want a good mix of AD/AP damage, bruisers and support, which isn't exactly easy to get when solo queueing. Since there are a lot of tanky dps types arround you don't realy need a tank anymore (Ali is mostly played as a botlane support or jungler). Everything up to lvl 30 is pretty much an extended tutorial for you to get at least the basic ideas of the game, farm IP for the T3 runes (the only ones you should buy) and a few cheap champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucupurulent View Post
    Teemo eats Yii for breakfast. Twice. But since Yii is pretty horrible you hardly ever see one to begin with. And WW isn't faster than singed.

It's a team game for a reason, you want a good mix of AD/AP damage, bruisers and support, which isn't exactly easy to get when solo queueing. Since there are a lot of tanky dps types arround you don't realy need a tank anymore (Ali is mostly played as a botlane support or jungler). Everything up to lvl 30 is pretty much an extended tutorial for you to get at least the basic ideas of the game, farm IP for the T3 runes (the only ones you should buy) and a few cheap champions.
    Teemo can also counter Singed at solo-top, just max E first.

I agree. Gonna stick to HoN, until DotA2 is out.

Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    The game is unbalanced mainly in one way (which is a good way)

Good players > Bad players

A good player can play whomever and own as the skill level means pretty much all. It's not the champs, it's the player.
    I do agree with this statement, but in the event that both players are even, it really does depend on the champs. There's a huge gap between top ban characters such as Kassadin (Correct me if I'm wrong), and Eve or Twitch who are considered two of the biggest jokes in the game right now. In my personal opinion, Morello has shit for brains when it comes to balancing (ex. Yorick release to 1st Yorick buff) but there are people who can work around this and can separate themselves from the common player.

Dont deny it guys. There is indeed a huge difference between the top and bottom champions. I have no idea how they'd fix that though so I can't complain. I'd complain if it were such an easy fix but they refuse to fix it...but that's not the case.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-11-26 at 07:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play dota, then talk about game "imbalance"
    From 7years dota player, LoL is no where "imbalanced" as dota (no idea about HoN, but it is copy-paste dota for most parts)
    As others said, there is never a team that is unbeatable, get a right team (jungler, tank, support, ap, ad) vs a full ap team for example, I can tell you who win easily
    Saying Master Yi is auto-win is also very wrong, Yi is very basic hero who isn't that scary like Trynd for example
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Games like league of legends were all based off of dota in Warcraft 3, which was based on Hero Wars in Warcraft 3, which was based off of Hero Arena in Warcraft 3. Hero Arena was ever unbalanced, and its style trickled down all the way down to dota. It's no surprise thus that these glorified Hero Wars standalone games today are also unbalanced, since they're built on a foundation that was impossible to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Meh, Warwick eats Singed for breakfast. He's faster, he's got more damage, and he's going to outheal poison trail easy. QQ Singed.

Anyway, I agree that the game is unbalanced. Levels > runes/masteries mean too much, and summoner spells decide the outcome of almost every single engagement in the game, even from level 1. You also get punished WAY too hard for duo queueing normal games, my level 22 smurf account that I play on when I want to play with a friend (level 20), we get put up against 30s all the time, people with 1k+ wins who are WAY better than my friend, and we usually get level 15 teammates who get totally smashed in their lanes.

Apparently everyone who duo-queues is some hardcore pro gamer trying to smash all the noobs for laughs.
    Just throwing this out there. I watch a LOT of pro matches. I'm on their streams almost every day, and I watch every major tournament. I see Singed banned in 90+% of pro games. The few times I've seen him played, he's never gone negative. I did see TSM beat a team with Singed at MLG Providence, but the Singed was like 8/2/5, his team just fed and he couldn't carry enough on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Just throwing this out there. I watch a LOT of pro matches. I'm on their streams almost every day, and I watch every major tournament. I see Singed banned in 90+% of pro games. The few times I've seen him played, he's never gone negative. I did see TSM beat a team with Singed at MLG Providence, but the Singed was like 8/2/5, his team just fed and he couldn't carry enough on his own.
    The majority of times that Singed is banned in those games, its because of Dyrus.

Dyrus was also that 8-2-5 Singed.

There is difference between banning a champ because it is super strong in and of itself, and banning a champ because a player on the other team is very good with it.

Singed is a strong ap bruiser, but he isn't imbalanced or a carry by any means, he has his faults and counters, just like every other champion.

As far as people complaining that x champion is better than y champion thus game is imbalanced, you have to consider that this game is balanced around 5v5, not 1v1. A champion might be very weak and countered by a specific champ, but that doesn't mean much if his team is built around supporting him and the other champ's team is not capable of dealing with that support.

Deleted
    from what i've seen there isn't much imbalance in 5v5 situations. every champion has their pros and cons which are shown in team fights. for example i played as leblanc earlier against an ashe. i could pretty much one shot combo her mid-late game. translate that into a team fight and if they focused me i never even had the chance to pull of a combo.

the thing that i do think imbalances the game is masteries and runes. i'm still not level 30 so in a lot of games a player will just destroy others with relative ease. why? cause they're level 30 with a full build vs people who are as low as 10 with hardly anything. it really makes a difference early game which translates into end game because they are more farmed and have better items. this isn't really imbalance though but more of an issue with matchmaking. can't really complain though because it beats having to wait ages for a game as it's trying to match people of the same level...