Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    probably the hardest rotation of all casters
    The core rotation of the boomkin is fairly simple. Effective use of mushrooms and managing eclipses for situations takes practice, but I'd say Warlock is much more difficult to achieve the same level of success. I love my warlock, but I'm terrible. Very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluasen View Post
    warlocks says hi
    It boggles my mind some people could think boomkin is the hardest caster. There is a difference between 2 dots on the SAME timer, 1 proc starsurge (clearcasting is more for healers, owlkin frenzy just boosts your dps nature's grace is not a proc per se), 1 major cooldown of starfire, starsurge on a much shorter cooldown and force of nature once in a blue moon vs at least 3 dots on DIFFERENT cooldowns(affliction replaces immolate with unstable affliction and adds haunt which is not a dot but has to be kept up at all times like a dot), at least 1 or 2 procs and several cooldowns. If you take demo for example, you have meta form on a variable cooldown, demon soul, switching between felguard and felhunter, hard casting shadowbolt (incinerate during molten core), having to be in melee range for immolation aura of demon form and shadowflame and an execute rotation to boot. Plus, your dps is gonna be highly dependent on suitable dark intent recipients. If you dont have a good DI recipient your dps will take a significant hit.

Warlock is the hardest caster by far and arguably the hardest class to play period. Kitty druid is up there too.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    It boggles my mind some people could think boomkin is the hardest caster. There is a difference between 2 dots on the SAME timer, 1 proc starsurge (clearcasting is more for healers, owlkin frenzy just boosts your dps nature's grace is not a proc per se), 1 major cooldown of starfire, starsurge on a much shorter cooldown and force of nature once in a blue moon vs at least 3 dots on DIFFERENT cooldowns(affliction replaces immolate with unstable affliction and adds haunt which is not a dot but has to be kept up at all times like a dot), at least 1 or 2 procs and several cooldowns. If you take demo for example, you have meta form on a variable cooldown, demon soul, switching between felguard and felhunter, hard casting shadowbolt (incinerate during molten core), having to be in melee range for immolation aura of demon form and shadowflame and an execute rotation to boot. Plus, your dps is gonna be highly dependent on suitable dark intent recipients. If you dont have a good DI recipient your dps will take a significant hit.

Warlock is the hardest caster by far and arguably the hardest class to play period. Kitty druid is up there too.
    Well, i mostly agree with you! While moonkin has a fairly easy basic rotation, it is alot harder to do in practice.. Im not saying that its harder then locks (i play both), but managing eclipse time with encounter mechanincs (solar cleave for aoe) and the old 4pT11 made the moonkin a hard class to play to perfection.. But after the T12 nerfs it was made alot easier.. Moonkin isnt hard for a beginner.. But it can be hard to master at high end.. But like you i would never put it above any lock spec!