Thread: SSD Help!

SSD Help!

Hi I bought a SSD on black friday and I need help moving my OS onto it without having the windows 7 disc. Is it even possible? Thanks

With a HDD cloning software. But that will not work if the HDD is bigger than SSD, since disc cloning will copy everything.

You should make clean install anyway onto SSD when you get one for the first time to get all windows settings optimal, as it might still use hdd-optimized settings for ssd after cloning.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Not really - you can always shrink system partition with one of many disk/partition tools out there (for example with Easeus Partition Master) to match SSD size. When you have partition you want to copy on new drive equal or lesser to new drive size there is absolutely no problem doing so. AFAIK Easeus Partition Master can also copy it.
    regards

If you have your Windows 7 key you can download a legit ISO of Win7 directly from Microsoft, burn it to a DVD and use your key to activate it.

http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/downloa...ownload-links/

There are links there. Pick whichever link matches your current version of Windows.

It is possible but I don't recommend it. I would do a fresh install with the iso linked above (as long as you have a legit key that you own then its ok). If you have a usb memory larger than 4GB then i would use it to install windows.
    To install from usb use Windows 7 usb tool

Thanks for everyone who posted