Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure somebody's said it before, but we really need a /roll to go with Master Loot. I made a group for a world boss the other day and I had to roll a d20 IRL to distribute loot. Kind of fun, sure, but there really needs to be a way to do that publicly ingame.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

it dose the job...i would prefer something like bartender in it as i don't really like the side bars but i can live with it

I hate the UI. I think it's ugly, restrictive and very clunky.

Compared to WoW it's a huge step backwards, for me at least. If I could move things and get rid of all the horrible blue borders it would be fine.

Also y u no have target of target.
    Last edited by Glomp; 2011-12-29 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post

What yours thought on the UI?
    --The names for what's being cast by the target are way too small. It's important with some of the end game encounters, heroics that have need to interrupt certain casts over others. Animations are not enough.
    --There is no target of target indicator shown
    --The action bars are too spread out. I have to stare right at them at the bottom of the screen too often monitoring whether my rocket punch cooldown has reset because of my talents, rather than look where the action is. The concept of power auras over the combat does the exact same thing, but it lets you observe more what is going on because the indicators are closer to where you want to be looking.
    --Floating combat text could be improved a lot

--Chat windows should be able to be moved, and separated if needed.
    --more action bars, action bars you can adjust and move
    --let me move inventory, character select windows and companion windows so when I am reverse engineering I don't have to close the window to see if I actually just learned a new schematic.
    --The frames per second animation hovers in a bad spot on the screen, the bottom left, let me move it where I can see it.
    --Give me a map overlay that I can adjust so I can see where people are during a pvp match. I want to see the entire playing field and not have to constantly toggle the map on or off to do it.

--some classes have proc's and different debuffs on the mob. A damage over time spec'd Sith Inquisitor is a good example. Those tiny little damage indicators are important, you have to keep your dots up and watch cooldowns for ability use. They are too small for some people and hard to follow. Perhaps it's a wide screen monitor issue or poor eyesiight, but it needs to be able to be adjustable.

--Give an option to turn on a larger target indicator. The small red ring at the bottom and a little red arrow at the top of a mob are easily lost when you have 8 mobs or players in front of you and all types of spell effects going off, especially in pvp.

There are probably more that I will remember in a few hours when the issue comes up while playing, but I've put some of the major ones out there.
    Last edited by Standing; 2011-12-29 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated it when I played beta, I see it's still horrible. I hear one color minimaps are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravuno View Post
    And the vanilla WoW UI isn't?

As far as I can see - it does its job?
    vanilla wow ui... wtf, just wtf...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I'm sorry. I love this game. But I hate the UI.
    How ironic!

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    I hate the UI. I think it's ugly, restrictive and very clunky.

Compared to WoW it's a huge step backwards, for me at least. If I could move things and get rid of all the horrible blue borders it would be fine.

Also y u no have target of target.
    I'm really in the same boat here. I hope for some fixes soon, or addon support(Both preferably).

Quote Originally Posted by Ravuno View Post
    And the vanilla WoW UI isn't?

As far as I can see - it does its job?
    Why would you compare a 2011 game to a 2004?

Q: How much of a priority is the Mod API to bioware?
    A: The UI team is going to work on improving the existing UI first before we look at modding it. Modding may happen, but we have no ETA on 'when' that we can share right now.

Q: Is there any information you can provide regarding the user interface in terms of making it more user friendly or with more customization options?
    A: UI customization is coming for sure.

Q: Is BioWare's stance on no APIs, no mods firm?
    A: It's not firm as in 'THOU SHALT NOT HAVE THIS' - it's just not top of the priority pile right now. It may happen in future.

Source - http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ager_for_star/

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    Q: How much of a priority is the Mod API to bioware?
    A: The UI team is going to work on improving the existing UI first before we look at modding it. Modding may happen, but we have no ETA on 'when' that we can share right now.

Q: Is there any information you can provide regarding the user interface in terms of making it more user friendly or with more customization options?
    A: UI customization is coming for sure.

Q: Is BioWare's stance on no APIs, no mods firm?
    A: It's not firm as in 'THOU SHALT NOT HAVE THIS' - it's just not top of the priority pile right now. It may happen in future.

Source - http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...ager_for_star/
    Wow, that's really bad news. This gives me the impression that they are going to be the "we know best" style developer. I have played enough games with developers like that to be concerned. :/

Honestly, with the storyline content in such good condition right now, I think that they might seriously want to consider putting off content development for a month or two and just focus on getting out gameplay fixes. That is just my ignorant opinion.

The ability delay, char responsiveness and the bad UI ruins it slightly for me. The Interface player/game, game/player its imo what makes a good successful MMO.

The game is so good storywise and the classes abilities are well though out, but the UI seems amateurish work, something they gave to a couple of interns instead of proper senior developers. It can also be becuase of the Hero Engine not allowing it, in that case Bioware should had chose other route or make a proprietary Engine.

The game is good good but could be even better with a better UI, Iam not saying "gief api" but look at Rift's launch UI, I may even go far and say Allods Online wich is a free 2 play game has a UI that its miles ahead of Swtor.

I swear this UI is copied from or was done by the people who made the WoW UI mod LuI. It looks so much like it. It's new, and for those who playable WoW for so many years, it's going to feel much different. It need improvements and I am sure they will address it if the community is loud enough. Being a new game and NOT comparing it to what I am used to, the main things that bother me is not enough bottom bar buttons, and it not being customizable to move things around. I play on a triple monitor setup and the game is amazing seeing it that way but sucks for the side bars. When I play on lappy, it's a lot easier.

Oh yea, other little nit picking, when changing mods out, if they would just let all the windows stay open while you change and give you the slide box to see the differences the mods will make rather then having to keep opening the windows up every time you want to compare.

shhh -Cynical-, don't baffle them with near week old news you'll disturb their churn of faux "concern".
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Still dunno why people are complaining, swtor UI is so much nicer compared to WoW default, and for those that like to crybaby because they can't move X thing or dislike Y color because they like to suck on custom mod ui's tits, gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Why would you compare a 2011 game to a 2004?
    Um... WoW is a 2011 game. They've been "improving" the UI right along, if you ask them. Yeah... in reality, very little has changed from the 2004 stock UI. It took how many expansions and patches to finally get somewhat-proper raidframes? Plain and simple, the modding options have allowed Blizz to be lazy -- what they leave as unsatisfactory can often be fixed by a mod or two.

Hopefully SWTOR will improve their stock UI more quickly and allow more options, if mods are not coming any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    Still dunno why people are complaining, swtor UI is so much nicer compared to WoW default, and for those that like to crybaby because they can't move X thing or dislike Y color because they like to suck on custom mod ui's tits, gtfo.
    Nicer than wow default ui. Did you know botulism is nicer than rabies? Still wouldn't want either, at least wow lets us have tuk <3