Poll: What did you do after getting to play the game?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For me I think the game more focused toward's RP then anything else don't get me wrong I've enjoyed my time as a tester there and will no doubt buy it but I'm unsure how much I'll play it.

I'm not sure I understand why so many people are bitching about the annual pass.

It was obvious why blizzard put it out which was to combat numbers lost to other RPG games coming out this quarter. I signed up for it anyway because I'm sorry, $180 isn't that much money for a years worth of entertainment.

When I fill my gastank up today going to work I will have spent about $120 since Wednesday so $180 isn't a lot of money if you have a job and aren't living off your parents. If you are, I can understand why you HAVE to choose.

I had it pre-ordered, and now i want it even more.

3 weeks to go :s

I haven't played wow in probably 6 months. When I played Swtor over the weekend(got to level 14 in under 6 hours) it felt very much like wow did. I won't be purchasing it.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-28 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    I pre-ordered and im waiting impatiently for the game atm.
    My Wow-account hasnt been active for a few months and lol-4.3 wont save the game even a little bit.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-28 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why so many people are bitching about the annual pass.

It was obvious why blizzard put it out which was to combat numbers lost to other RPG games coming out this quarter. I signed up for it anyway because I'm sorry, $180 isn't that much money for a years worth of entertainment.

When I fill my gastank up today going to work I will have spent about $120 since Wednesday so $180 isn't a lot of money if you have a job and aren't living off your parents. If you are, I can understand why you HAVE to choose.
    Not even $180. If you changed your subscription to the 6-month payment, it's something like $140 for the entire year. Since you can change your payment method after agreeing to the annual pass, it's a great opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    That wasnt the intention of the weekend test.
    That's fine, and I do know that, but with so little time to even do much it was not much fun. But the last part of my statement was answering the op's poll too.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

I got to about level 17... tried out space combat... I'll never play ag.......

Wait, that's not right. After playing almost every MMO on the market, I can honestly say that (to me) this is the best MMO I've ever played. A buddy of mine put it best. I started at 10 a.m. Friday CST and all of the sudden it was Saturday morning.

I can't help but think I'll be divorced by the end of this.

pre ordered it in july, played beta and i want more.
    Hopefully all the immature wow wankers dont move across so we get to play it in peace, they can keep there immature anal dirge arseholes thank you.

Played to level 21, uninstalled, will never play it again. Too boring (this games selling point are quests, wtf), and im not into single player rpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    I went from uninterested to possibly interested. Not quitting WoW though.
    This pretty much mirrors my thoughts. I'll consider it my backup MMO for now in case WoW fails horribly at something.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Not even $180. If you changed your subscription to the 6-month payment, it's something like $140 for the entire year. Since you can change your payment method after agreeing to the annual pass, it's a great opportunity.
    Even less because you get Diablo 3 for free. Figure the game will most likely cost $59.99 when it comes out. Only reason I signed up for the year.
    SWTOR is a different game, you can only compare certain aspects and it is not for everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Preordered CE second day it became avalible on amazon, signed up for beta since 2009 yet only got invited now (QQ), played SSorc and SMara to lvl 11-13 and I can say with no doubt that I will not cancel my preorder.

Even if I do not have as much free time as I used to back when I still played WoW, the story/dialogue is amazing and appealing even for a more casual/solo player. Since I'm not playing WoW anymore for like 2 years, chances that at some point "I come back to wow" are slim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Pre-Ordered it a few months back, and I actually got a new computer just so I can play SW. However, I am still incredibly unsure about it, I signed up for the Annual Pass and will continue to play WoW through 4.3 and will feel out Star Wars to see if it really interests me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Already pre-ordered it and played the beta this weekend.
    Not too impressed, but I'll still give it a shot when it's released.

My main concern is the load of dialogue every time you take or hand in a quest. This also applies to instances/flashpoints.
    It feels like Bioware have forgotten that this is an MMO, and not one of their single player games, you only run through once.
    At first it's cool and refreshing, but I think in the long run when you level alts (which I do a lot), it will get pretty annoying.
    Running the same instance for the 10th time, spending 25% of the time in there going through the same dialogues will get tedious.

But we'll see... the game at least deserves a fair chance when it's officially released, so for a while I'll be playing both WoW and SWTOR

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll play it if my girlfriend picks it up, but I am still not all the interested in it. I just have a hunch that I will be playing an amazingly polished/fleshed out single player experience, only to arrive at a really bad end game.

For that purpose though it would certainly be worth the purchase for the free month at the very least, I mean whats the worst to come out of it? I pay the cover get a solid single player experience and then cancel. I just have a sneaking suspicion that it's not going to hold my interest at level cap for a variety of reasons. At this point for me an MMO has to really redefine how they handle level cap to keep players interest, else it's just going to be a worse experience than WoW at level cap.

I love Star Wars as a franchise, but I am just so dissatisfied with MMOs in general and I think that's a general conclusion that many are coming to.

I'm not sure wheter to buy this game or not. I really looked forward towards this testing weekend, but I am severely disappointed in the graphics, as my expectations might have been too high. Also, it might improve when they enable AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Painstorm View Post
    My main concern is the load of dialogue every time you take or hand in a quest.
    Have you tried spamming spacebar yet?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also I think people are massively overplaying how great dialogue is. Don't get me wrong I think it's an excellent touch the first time around, but like anything you're going to dread it or get bored of it. I just think of Saurfang speech in ICC for Horde players when I think of voice acting.

Skyrim really got the point across to me when I picked it up a few weeks ago. I love the voice acting in it but there eventually becomes a point where I want to immerse myself in the gameplay instead of sitting there listening to dialogue for what seems like years.

Not banging on it, but like anything you will look for every opportunity to skip or ignore it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by rfjuice View Post
    I haven't played wow in probably 6 months. When I played Swtor over the weekend(got to level 14 in under 6 hours) it felt very much like wow did. I won't be purchasing it.

Your playing the wrong games then. Go play a Single Player RPG. IF you dont like the way a MMO feels, dont play another.

Deleted
    I cant fking w8 for the release after this weekends beta time pass so slow now :/