Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    The one and only thing I dislike is that godamn orange pixel below my chat box....... GO AWAY PIXEL.
    Lol I had the same pixel there and always checked if my monitor was broken.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Wait so you rolled a rogue and are complaining you cant also be a warrior? or am i reading this wrong?

This whole pick your actualy class at 10 (which btw rift did aswell) is making so many people think they are somehow entitles to be 2 classes at the same time its depressing.
    i think you mean aion. rift started giving you your second and third souls in the starting zones.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    The 4 starter classes are not really classes, more like roles so to speak. At 10 you choose your real class.
    Actually, its the other way around. It is indeed 4 classes. Once you hit level 10 you pick your role. For example, a Trooper can heal, range dps, melee dps, and tank. At level 10, you decide if you want to do ranged dps / healing as Commando or melee dps / tanking as Vanguard.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    The one and only thing I dislike is that godamn orange pixel below my chat box....... GO AWAY PIXEL.
    Read this.

Deleted
    Sorry but that's like "Oh! I dont like that you can't change class in wow .. when i play a warrior and want to fight with a pet i have to make a new char!" .. And it is not like "But when i dislike a class in wow i just reroll at lvl 10 and lost 2h! .. in SWTOR it needs 8h!":

a) No single class in wow got it's full playstyle at level 10 .. not even at level 25 ..
    b) I am playing full beta and leveled like 20 chars to lvl 10+ now (several serverwipes etc.).. i need like 2-2.5h for a level 10 (ofc without enyoing all the videos.. - space is heavily used) - ofc you are not that fast with your 1st .. 2nd .. char, but you neither got your first wow chars to level 10 in 2h .. (AND you got a lot more feeling about how your char will be played with lvl 50 in SWTOR then you got in wow with lvl 10 for lvl 85 gameplay..)

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't get dual spec until relatively recently in Wow. It'll probably come to SW eventually, but 50 levels isn't likely enough to sustain one character until the next expansion, so they're relying on people wanting to see another starting story and/or need another specialization for the raid team. I have some time off work coming up, so I'll have one of each Tank, DPS, Heal at max level (or at minimum not far off on two of them) just like I do for Wow.

If a dual specc feature is ever to be introduced to SWTOR, I believe it will be contained to your AC. Don't see why they should give us the option of basically change classes completely.

AC respecs are not the answer.

BW needs to take a page from blizz's book and offer some signiture ability for acs and maybe make you try both in a quest or something so you can see what they feel like.

Or they can give you a one time switch at 25 for hella credits (prolly easier and faster to implement).

Or leave it as is because it's not hard to figure out what you may want to play. Plenty of info on the main site and more from other places...

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I don't like is the male character creation body types. Type 1 is a 90lb asthmatic, 2 is a decent average track runner build which is too skinny for a Sith warrior or Trooper (imo) and 3 is the incredible hulk, 7ft tall and 300lbs of lol.

No idea what they were thinking with this. I'll admit, it sort of killed character creation for me completely and thus, a good part of the game's enjoyment. Silly? Sure, but that's how it is.

(ok I shouldn't say only, but the biggest, sure.)
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    If a dual specc feature is ever to be introduced to SWTOR, I believe it will be contained to your AC. Don't see why they should give us the option of basically change classes completely.
    that is the point where i have an different opinion then most of you. Let's stay at the sith warrior example. The marauder and the juggernaut ARE NOT two totally different classes. They are both plate wearing, light saber wielding melee fighters. The only difference is that one of them stands behind the boss and wields 2 swords, the other one stays in front of the boss and wields 1 sword. It is not like you have to go through years of training to learn that
    Last edited by LegendaryDude; 2011-11-28 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    that is the point where i have an different opinion then most of you. Let's stay at the sith warrior example. The marauder and the juggernaut ARE NOT two totally different classes. They are both plate wearing, light saber wielding melee fighters. The only difference is that one of them stands behind the boss and wields 2 swords, the other one stays in front of the boss and wields 2 sword. It is not like you have to go through years of training to learn that
    You're confused sir. Jugg wears heavy armor and weild a single saber.

Mara wears medium armor and weilds two saber. Theier specs are another discussion entierly. They are not at all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    misguided and very little idea whats going on
    As you can see from the post above, you're comparing two completely different play styles. The "ACs" in TOR are indeed like different classes in other MMOs. Think of Ragnarok online, how you chose 2 subtypes from one, and that was your new class. New class.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerendfs View Post
    It didn't destroy any character "plans" for me. But I did find I would of liked to have the feature, at least at lower levels. I leveled a JC and decided to go with the shadow AC, thinking that sneaking about and the double lightsaber would be fun. Turns out I didn't really enjoy the mechanics as much as a I thought and I wanted to switch out for a Sage. The only way to do that would be to spend another 6-8 hours leveling another JC. No thanks. I don't mind leveling a different character if I didn't like any of the JC mechanics (sage or shadow), but I don't want to level another consular through the starting experience just because I didn't like my initial choice of AC
    Same exact thing happened to me
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I "get" where the OP is coming from, as someone who has played WoW for so long. But really? The argument here is "my class can't do everything, so waaah". The game already has only 4 basic classes per faction, if we were to count each AC as it's own class (again, in one faction) that leaves the game with only 8 classes. Do we really need to have less of them? <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    The One thing right now I do not like, is the Orange Dead Pixel near the default chat... thought it was my monitor.
    Did you have to tell me that? Cannot unsee. >.<

I don't really mind, considering how most AC:s play completely differently (I can imagine DPS Juggernaut and Marauder playing pretty much the same though), it'd make little sense to allow players to make such a big change. It'd be like changing classes in WoW.

Well, I don't agree that ACs are "like different classes in WOW". Different classes in WOW don't have 70% of the same abilities.

However, I do think its great that AC choice is limited, it helps define these as classes. It also wouldn't take another 7-8hrs, you could skip all the cutscenes and get there in 3hrs -- or you you can just pick some different dialogue choices.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Well, I don't agree that ACs are "like different classes in WOW". Different classes in WOW don't have 70% of the same abilities.

However, I do think its great that AC choice is limited, it helps define these as classes. It also wouldn't take another 7-8hrs, you could skip all the cutscenes and get there in 3hrs -- or you you can just pick some different dialogue choices.
    Reading up on the class also helps with settling down on a AC, so I don't really see why people have such a big problem with it. Just spend some time researching the class and you should have a fairly decent idea of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    The One thing right now I do not like, is the Orange Dead Pixel near the default chat... thought it was my monitor.
    I don't know about this orange dead pixel business. I was playing the beta and had not noticed it. I run it on a video card 580GTX, and a 24 inch LCD monitor. Some people experience may change due to playing this game. I am thinking it wasn't the game or everyone would been had it. Maybe some issue with the video card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think choices with permanent consequences have been missing from MMORPG's for sometime now. I think, coming from WoW, this may be a little hard to get back into, but its for the best. It breeds good players not FoTM's.

I think the idea behind is that what matters is the advancement class, not the base class.
    You should view the Commando and the Vanguard as completely different classes which happen to have the first 10 levels in common.

To be honest I'm glad they don't allow it.

I'm sure there will be advanced class specific quests and storylines so to be able to just skip through those I don't think is good for the game. Being able to constantly change things around on your character leads to a lack of meaningful choices. Since you can never make a mistake, people tend not to care what they do then.

You can't have reward without risk. The more risky the more meaningful the reward.