Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneat View Post
    The difference between a Shard of Woe pre-nerf and a 384 proc/use trinket is absolutely enormous. I mean if you want to play at the very upper end, where you'd expect the other people to be grabbing any gear advantage they can get, you'll need to level the field.
    Unless I'm mistaken, we're talking about S11 not S10, and the thread was about weapons, not trinkets.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, we're talking about S11 not S10, and the thread was about weapons, not trinkets.
    Point stands that the PvE piece shouldn't be better for PvP than the PvP piece.

umm....then PvE..the game is made around pve anyways. get over it and L2raid. quit whining cuz you want to be a bg hero

Point stands that the PvE piece shouldn't be better for PvP than the PvP piece.
    Congratulations on winning an imaginary argument that no one is participating in, in a thread having nothing to do with your point. Kudos.

Meanwhile, in relevant-land, pvp weapons not having gem slots doesn't make them inferior in s11. /thread.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Right so pretty much ALL of the T12 weapons have sockets on, and none of the pvp ones do even the T2 ones.
    This is taking wow's PvP back to "I need to PvE in order to PvP" again imo, especially with some of the really strong Procs and Trinkets being released in this patch.

Please no trolling/flaming.

So do you guys think its is FAIR?

Just so you know, not all the T12 weapons have sockets on them. In fact the only ones with them are the Ragnaros' ones or are you forgetting about all the other weapons in the instance?

To everyone else. The OP said T12, not T13, not Dragon Soul trinkets, T12 weapons. Nor was there any complaining about epic gems.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2011-11-29 at 01:31 AM.

Epic gems come from PvE. PvPers would complain they have to raid or buy from raiders to get the best gems for their PvP weapons.

But to be fair on Cataclysm, gemming for dps specs has been only "you should gem the mainstats to gain that 2% more dps". Yes, in most cases you can gem your whole gear wrong and it still won't make a big groundbraking difference, only two to three precent at max. Reforging is the tool to make the bigger change.

In most cases gemvalues are so small now compared to gear's stats, that you only want to pump up your primary stat, and on PvP you obviously want more resilience so it kinda makes it pointless, unless the item does have some very powerful proc and/or perfect itemisation what makes the PvP item at the same level look worse (minus the resilience). It's true that now with epic games they do have more stats but still, you won't really see the difference.

Deleted
    Congratulations on winning an imaginary argument that no one is participating in, in a thread having nothing to do with your point. Kudos.

Meanwhile, in relevant-land, pvp weapons not having gem slots doesn't make them inferior in s11. /thread.
    Source of my confusion, I was looking at t12 items, where the Hand of Ragnaros is indeed half a tier higher than the Ruthless mace, and is quite a bit more powerful. OP said t12.

However: The end weapon is the same iLevel as the t2 pvp one? Usually they're half a tier higher. That's actually a positive change.
    Last edited by mmocba8c82a4a9; 2011-11-29 at 01:50 AM.

Source of my confusion, I was looking at t12 items, where the Hand of Ragnaros is indeed half a tier higher than the Ruthless mace, and is quite a bit more powerful. OP said t12.

However: The end weapon is the same iLevel as the t2 pvp one? Usually they're half a tier higher. That's actually a positive change.
    Yeah, I agree with you about t12 gear. I think that the top tier pvp gear is actually slightly lower iLevel than heroic deathwing gear, but the stats don't seem to be that much different, it's merely an iLevel issue.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    Yeah, I agree with you about t12 gear. I think that the top tier pvp gear is actually slightly lower iLevel than heroic deathwing gear, but the stats don't seem to be that much different, it's merely an iLevel issue.
    What's the statistical difference between an end boss weapon and an earlier boss?

I think nobody cares about lolpvp and that is fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread wasn't constructive to begin with.

Closed due to lack of constructive content/trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE