10+ Year Old Account

LED Printer huh?!

????!

What is an LED Printer and how does it work??
    I know LED's are useful for all manner of things but Printers? Can you actually print stuff to paper using LED's? (Short of burning it in lol) or is it just a marketing fad? (The fact that they have their own section leads me to believe this is legit, and they actually have a purpose...)

EG: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/p...3040cnzu1.html
    Manufacturer: Brother Industries, Ltd
    Manufacturer Part Number: HL3040CNZU1
    Brand Name: Brother
    Product Series: HL
    Product Model: HL-3040CN
    Product Name: HL-3040CN LED Printer
    Marketing Information:
    The HL-3070CW is a fast, compact printer that produces brilliant color output at up to 17ppm in both color and black. It is ideal for printing high-impact, color brochures, presentations and other important business documents, quickly and affordably.
    Product Type: LED Printer

(guess) Using ink that melts/sticks on paper under certain kind of light.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is if it was an all-in-one unit the led is the scanner otherwise idk.

An LED printer is a type of computer printer. LED technology uses a light-emitting diode array as a light source in the printhead. The LED bar pulse-flashes across the entire page width and creates the image on the print drum or belt as it moves past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LED_printer

Basically a laser printer, but with LEDs instead of a laser.
    Author of TellMeWhen and many other useful and helpful addons such as SpeedyLoad.