Thread: Let's talk PvP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i was expecting more from pvp.
    especially after hearing how they hired ex-mythic (WAR) employees to do their pvp.
    sadly, it turned out to be just "ok".

you see, what i liked from WAR, was the fact that they had 3 roles in pvp instead of the usual 2 (dps/healer).
    tanks had a role there. it was to protect allies, via slows/stuns/knockbacks/shared damage/buffs.

in TOR it seems all classes have enough escape/survival abilities on their own,
    which makes tanks just another melee dps. (like in wow, and other games)

so i guess i'll play a healer -_-
    ??? I watch a tank trooper and a smuggler healer hold 4-5 off a point for an entire alderran.
    In objective PVP tanks will always have a purpose.
    Carrying huttball
    Holding people off a point in aldeeran
    Knocking people off your bomb in voidstar

especially voidstar.

If you, the tank, are knocking people off your bomb in voidstar they will be forced to try and kill you. You can take a lot more damage then just another DPS. If you add a healer or two to the mix? Your assault will be a fast one.

Don't be a wet blanket. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i was expecting more from pvp.
    especially after hearing how they hired ex-mythic (WAR) employees to do their pvp.
    sadly, it turned out to be just "ok".

you see, what i liked from WAR, was the fact that they had 3 roles in pvp instead of the usual 2 (dps/healer).
    tanks had a role there. it was to protect allies, via slows/stuns/knockbacks/shared damage/buffs.

in TOR it seems all classes have enough escape/survival abilities on their own,
    which makes tanks just another melee dps. (like in wow, and other games)

so i guess i'll play a healer -_-
    Protect transfers 50% of incoming player damage to the tank.
    Taunt lowers the player targets damage done by 30% unless attacking the tank.

So if you're beating on someone that's protected and you get taunted, you're really not doing much damage. Also it seems like Jug/Guardian don't get a lot of their control abilities until later on. Like Force Push, Intercede, LS Throw which should increase their effectiveness.

Protect is a great way to rack up medals, as you get a bonus for it. That's the Protection column at the end of the Warzone match, so if there is a number there that's how much damage the tank transferred to himself.

a group of 7 of us went to illum at lvl 50 to check out the pvp there, granted it was fairly empty for obvious reasons but its really .. really big & can see people with sneaky & calculated mind-sets will have a huge advantage there. looks very good tho! the warzones are pretty good, i can see huttball being very nice with a group in vent that play to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the PvP. If you played your butt off you usually won about 6-7 trophies which easily put you on top. Seemed very rewarding and was nicer that just a stat spread that is left for interpretation.

I played an Annihilation Marauder up to lvl 23. Annihilation focus' on bleeds or internal damage and increased movement speed. It was really fun.

Sage seemed OP to me, especially in games like Huttball where you can stand in one spot at a range, easily counter all gap closers, and DoT/CC/hard-cast on anyone at almost any point on the map. I also think they need to rework the medal system; every time I focused on DPS and kill-farmed I ended up with top medals, while healing/supporting people on WZ objectives netted me a lot less. I'm not sure if that's because Sage damage is overtuned or healing needs to award more medals.