Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Eternity Vault videos!

Hey guys, sorry for my absence from the forums this weekend, I was speeding running to level 50 and had work.

ANYWAYS, here is some treats for you all.

Irae AOD is a top WoW guild who attempt to 6-man the first boss, and get smashed. The damage looks a lot higher here than I have seen, hopefully it is tuned for launch now.

http://www.own3d.tv/video/303399/SWT...on_Droid_XRR-3

Again, Irae AOD but this time attempting Gharj the second boss, how do you think they do? HINT: They get smashed again, It is a brilliant fight overall.
    Traces Tip: You jump before he lands after he jumps to negate the damage.

http://www.own3d.tv/video/303539/SWT...d_Boss_-_Gharj

Here is another group of German players attempting the second boss. It is unedited and really long but gives you an example of the fight. Oh yeah, they die.

http://www.own3d.tv/video/307341/Ete...ss_Gharj_tries

EDIT: MORE VIDEOS

Please keep the discussion on Operations. Remember they are normal mode and it is beta, if you're in the beta just now and see the patch notes then you will see that difficulty for Heroic and Nightmare got buffed.

Another group who kill Gharj!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=uXFyTQcBLM8

The puzzle boss, you don't really see much to be honest and it looks like they cut to the end. Mostly add control though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpgs...layer_embedded

The 'individual' boss. You all get a boss to kill yourself and you can't help out anyone or you wipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpgs...layer_embedded

The final boss, although they just put up for 19 seconds of it. I'm currently looking for some more and I'll add them in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4YEU...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-12-04 at 12:35 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    Irae AOD is a top WoW guild who attempt to 6-man the first boss, and get smashed. The damage looks a lot higher here than I have seen, hopefully it is tuned for launch now.
    I wouldn't call 6 manning a Boss for 8 people tuned right...

Traces Tip: You jump before he lands after he jumps to negate the damage.
    That's a stupid mechanic highly impacted to latency, further you only have 1 sec timeframe to jump. That's not what i'd call brilliant for a normal mode raid that's supposed to be pugable (yes, normalmode is LFR difficulty).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post

That's a stupid mechanic highly impacted to latency, further you only have 1 sec timeframe to jump. That's not what i'd call brilliant for a normal mode raid that's supposed to be pugable (yes, normalmode is LFR difficulty).
    Actually if you watch the last video with the german players it appears the mechanic is to move onto a new platform that the boss knocks loose after he jumps a few times. I forgot this game was localized in german as well. Interesting.

I'm not sure it's even intentional or a real strat. My group didn't do that and nearly killed it. We only wiped to the enrage, not to damage going out (one person kept being late moving to a new island and would die early every try). And then the instance bugged and wouldn't let us back in without resetting the trash so we gave up after only a few tries.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2011-11-29 at 07:13 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could 5 man some bosses in WoW (that were current content), if he doesn't have an enrage timer. They wiped in the video, they got to the second boss so yeah they must have killed him but I was commenting on the damage that was going out being higher than is in previous videos.

So all mechanics should just be forgotten for easy-mode raids? What abilities should be in for LFR? Just DPS the boss and move platforms every X seconds?

It isn't 1 second, it is 2 seconds and if you're playing with 2000 ms latency then you shouldn't be raiding (I wouldn't raid with anything higher than 150ms). Another thing, the first jump does no damage, it is all jumps after that, so you know the ability is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    I'm not sure it's even intentional. My group didn't do that and nearly killed it. We only wiped to the enrage, not to damage going out (one person kept being late moving to a new island and would die early every try). And then the instance bugged and wouldn't let us back in without resetting the trash so we gave up after only a few tries.
    It is 100% intentional. It isn't a one shot mechanic on normal mode just vastly increases raid damage if you don't do it.
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-11-29 at 07:13 AM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing, the first jump does no damage, it is all jumps after that, so you know the ability is coming.
    Does the first jump drop the other platform and warn players they've gotta move? That's what it appeared to me.

It is 100% intentional. It isn't a one shot mechanic on normal mode just vastly increases raid damage if you don't do it.
    We just moved to the new island when he'd start jumping and we didn't take any damage that way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Does the first jump drop the other platform and warn players they've gotta move? That's what it appeared to me.
    You start the fight and you move to his platform and you DPS away. At a point he will jump signalling that the ability is about to start, if you don't jump before he hits the ground then you take mild AOE damage. Another thing that happens while he jumps, some spikes fall from the ceiling and make a path for you all to move to another platform because your current platform will submerge in lava if you don't and then you repeat that each time you see the jump.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 07:19 AM ----------

We just moved to the new island when he'd start jumping and we didn't take any damage that way.
    Even easier. Although (apart from that one guy dying) that could be the reason for you not making the enrage since he has a decent DPS requirement.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Even easier. Although (apart from that one guy dying) that could be the reason for you not making the enrage since he has a decent DPS requirement.
    A little bit, but we still got him to about 5% (had about 50k hp left and he's got a little more than 1 million) with 1 person dead half the fight and a couple others in just quest/crafted gear, and we were also 3 healing which the healers said they didn't think was necessary when we were done. There were maybe 4 of us decently geared from pvp and level 50 instances, but the rest were whoever we could find that wanted to come and hadn't done anything really at 50 yet. I'm sure we would have gotten it if the instance hadn't started breaking on us.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little bit, but we still got him to about 5% (had about 50k hp left and he's got a little more than 1 million) with 1 person dead half the fight and a couple others in just quest/crafted gear, and we were also 3 healing which the healers said they didn't think was necessary when we were done. There were maybe 4 of us decently geared from pvp and level 50 instances, but the rest were whoever we could find that wanted to come and hadn't done anything really at 50 yet. I'm sure we would have gotten it if the instance hadn't started breaking on us.
    No doubt and a lot of people will probably just outrage the jumping mechanic, we were using it as practice as it will probably be essential to completing the Heroic and Nightmare versions of the fight.

It was an extremely fun fight overall and I'm looking forward to completing it again.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    No doubt and a lot of people will probably just outrage the jumping mechanic, we were using it as practice as it will probably be essential to completing the Heroic and Nightmare versions of the fight.

It was an extremely fun fight overall and I'm looking forward to completing it again.
    Good to hear. I'm hoping now that they have a high lvl server out and the NDA is lifted we will start to see more videos of end game stuff surface.

It's over tuned when they get owned on a new boss when their gear isn't top notch and they 6-man a fight that has been built for 8? lol

If they filled the raid properly and learned the mechanics they would of had him dead.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    It's over tuned when they get owned on a new boss when their gear isn't top notch and they 6-man a fight that has been built for 8? lol

If they filled the raid properly and learned the mechanics they would of had him dead.
    They did kill him, hence why there is a video of them doing Gharj. It was just a comment that tank damage and other things are now up to standard compared to him hitting like water as he previously did.

Also I never said that it was over-tuned, I said that I hope that it is now high enough for launch now meaning that it looks about right and I hope they don't change it i.e reduce it.

You don't need a full raid to kill any boss on normal modes (or heroics for that matter) of other games either, just follow mechanics and you will most likely score a kill.
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-11-29 at 08:33 AM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

Gharj fight looks like a lot of fun. Will be interesting to see all the raid bosses and their Nightmare verisons.

Raids actually look promising!!

Watching those videos just made me more excited

Wow, Halfus and Shannox are far more interesting than these fights. Bioware already released the first fight with some developer commentary over it awhile back, where the raiders were acting like idiots (i guess to show off what you should not do in a raid and how you can die). Hopefully the hard modes are going to substantially improve them. These fights are probably bad because, like someone else said, they're apparently supposed to be puggable and Bioware is probably anticipating a lot of people being new to raiding and not being able to handle complex mechanics early on.

Also, that jumping mechanic is in Stonecore trash and is a dispellable magic effect for the last boss in H VP. It definitely is pretty subject to latency for some people, but for most it shouldn't be a problem to avoid that damage.

I recall the first raid in a certain game being a lot of genuine fun and diversity... not.
    This looks rather fun for the first couple of bosses in a very new game imo.
    quit

Deleted
    Yeah, not very special. I hope there will be additional abilities in higher difficulties.
    Btw... these guy does not play very well, I think he did not fully understand the mechanics of Trooper/BH.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks pretty fun, can't wait to see the later bosses, especially the puzzle boss, and the 1v1 boss.

one thing that does bother me is all these videos seem to only be using 1 tank... 1 tank fights are bad mmkay
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trips25 View Post
    Gharj fight looks like a lot of fun. Will be interesting to see all the raid bosses and their Nightmare verisons.
    Right now all that happens is 5% damage and 5% health is added for heroic mode / 10% damage and 10% health for nightmare mode. I think this will be subject to change but we have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    Wow, Halfus and Shannox are far more interesting than these fights. Bioware already released the first fight with some developer commentary over it awhile back, where the raiders were acting like idiots (i guess to show off what you should not do in a raid and how you can die). Hopefully the hard modes are going to substantially improve them. These fights are probably bad because, like someone else said, they're apparently supposed to be puggable and Bioware is probably anticipating a lot of people being new to raiding and not being able to handle complex mechanics early on.

Also, that jumping mechanic is in Stonecore trash and is a dispellable magic effect for the last boss in H VP. It definitely is pretty subject to latency for some people, but for most it shouldn't be a problem to avoid that damage.
    As stated it is the first raid of a brand new game, what mechanics are you expecting? Here is a quote from myself regarding abilities on a later boss called SOA, which is also in the first raid, this should get you excited for interesting mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Traces
    Ball Lightning
    Instant
    Range: 60m
    Soa uses this ability to create Ball Lightning that follows a player and explodes if it gets close to that player.

Have the player kite the ball until it explodes normally away from the raid. Possibly 2 balls summoned in 16-player?

Mind Trap
    Instant
    Soa uses this ability to create a Mind Trap which seals a player in a psychic prison.

Could be either something you DPS to break them out of or maybe just a mechanic to force players to spread out. Not enough information known.

Final Hurl Target
    Instant
    Range: 50m
    This hidden ability allows Soa to random ground target with Final Hurl.

Nothing known from this. Feel free to make wild assumptions.

Force Vortex
    Instant
    Range: 70m

Again nothing known. Speculate again.

Channel Platforms
    Instant
    Range: 100m
    Soa uses this ability during phase three, while he is teleporting down to the next platform.

Shows there is multiple phases to the fight. Maybe forcing the raid to jump or move between platforms.

Channel Immune
    Instant
    Soa uses this ability during phase two, while players deal with his adds.

Awakening From Stasis
    Instant
    Soa uses this ability during phase two, while players deal with his adds.

You can't damage the boss and have to nuke down adds in the second phase. Nothing else known about the adds, or I haven't read it yet. Feel free to input if you know.

Recovering
    Instant
    Soa takes damage from his own final hurl ability, despite being invulnerable.

Again, I don't know or I can't see anything in the DB about final hurl. Any information would be appreciated.

Flurry of Lightning
    1 seconds
    Soa's basic flurry attack is a hail of lightning strikes.

Looks like his auto-attack.

Force Torrent
    Instant
    Range: 70m

Again no information in the tool-tip, feel free to give or speculate information.

Lightning Strike
    Instant
    Range: 25m
    Soa uses this as his flurry in the final round. Originally used as a replacement for chain lightning because he wouldn't use cast times while being kited.

So in P3 he is kited by the tanks, I wonder why he needs to be? But apart from that, this is just the 'auto attack'.

Force Cyclone
    1.5 seconds
    Range: 50m
    Puts the player on a force cyclone taxi path which will drop the player after the path ends. WR - Need to add a mechanic that saves the player if the raid takes a certain action.

Sounds like Valks to me. Dropping someone off the edge unless the raid DPS' them down or does something to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enurian View Post
    Yeah, not very special. I hope there will be additional abilities in higher difficulties.
    Btw... these guy does not play very well, I think he did not fully understand the mechanics of Trooper/BH.
    He doesn't manage his resource too great but it is only beta and we don't know how long they have played the class for, they done not too bad overall. Read above regarding difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    looks pretty fun, can't wait to see the later bosses, especially the puzzle boss, and the 1v1 boss.

one thing that does bother me is all these videos seem to only be using 1 tank... 1 tank fights are bad mmkay
    It is a major problem for me if the fights are only 1 tank and I agree that they should be changed. Although this is 8-man, lets hope that 16-man require more.
    Last edited by Traces; 2011-11-29 at 07:08 PM.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding