Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    one thing that does bother me is all these videos seem to only be using 1 tank... 1 tank fights are bad mmkay
    The thing is with no dual spec and exponential increases in respec costs (which hopefully they won't have in the live version), all the fights either need to be 1 tank or 2 tank. Tank specs are bad dps so you can't really switch fights back and forth between 1 or 2 tanks without requiring raids to boot one of their tanks half the time. A lot of the fights in WoW made 2 tanks a necessity through pretty lame gimmicks, so at least in 8 mans I hope TOR sticks with 1 tank.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The thing is with no dual spec and exponential increases in respec costs (which hopefully they won't have in the live version), all the fights either need to be 1 tank or 2 tank. Tank specs are bad dps so you can't really switch fights back and forth between 1 or 2 tanks without requiring raids to boot one of their tanks half the time. A lot of the fights in WoW made 2 tanks a necessity through pretty lame gimmicks, so at least in 8 mans I hope TOR sticks with 1 tank.
    I'd rather it be 2 tanks required in 8 man and 3 tank required in 16man. The more tanks the better in my opinion!

Traces Tip: You jump before he lands after he jumps to negate the damage.
    Way to screw with 70% of the raid base

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I'd rather it be 2 tanks required in 8 man and 3 tank required in 16man. The more tanks the better in my opinion!
    I agree, although I like 3 tank encounters, you end up with gimmicks just so you need the 3 of them. 90% of encounters should require 2+ tanks and maybe 1 or 2 single tank fights.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygosh View Post
    Way to screw with 70% of the raid base
    70%, way to pull a figure out of nowhere. You can also just outrange the ability by moving to the next platform, but if you're pushing DPS then you can just jump. You have 2 seconds to re-act, it isn't hard.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

It's nice to see a Commando almost solo healing that. Reminds me of my good ol' Holy Pally days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sithwarrior.com also has info on what looks like is the last boss in eternity vault. It is a 2 tank encounter if the information is accurate. WARNING THIS IS A HUGE SPOILER THOUGH.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Forum-...oss-Encounters

Fuark this stuff is making me want to raid again, competitively.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Sithwarrior.com also has info on what looks like is the last boss in eternity vault. It is a 2 tank encounter if the information is accurate. WARNING THIS IS A HUGE SPOILER THOUGH.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Forum-...oss-Encounters
    That boss is a flashpoint encounter. The last boss on EV, I have listed his abilites on the first page, if you go look at post #20.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Fuark this stuff is making me want to raid again, competitively.
    DO IT! It is the way forward.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bump to include the new videos. Updated on the original post.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

I really hope there are more than just 5% and 10% more damage from hard and nightmare mode, each of these bosses seem to have just 1 lame gimmick.

Everytime I see what this game has to offer in the endgame I am more concerned. I use to tell myself its just beta, theres months to go... but now we're so close and its hard to believe that BW is hiding some amazing fights. Also, please tell me they don't expect us to grind gear through Normal > Hard > Nightmare.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2011-12-04 at 03:46 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I really hope there are more than just 5% and 10% more damage from hard and nightmare mode, each of these bosses seem to have just 1 lame gimmick.

Everytime I see what this game has to offer in the endgame I am more concerned. I use to tell myself its just beta, theres months to go... but now we're so close and its hard to believe that BW is hiding some amazing fights. Also, please tell me they don't expect us to grind gear through Normal > Hard > Nightmare.
    This is also something that worries me dude but it is the first raid, I'll give them time to develop and mature as content developers...probably around the 1 year mark, I would be a little more demanding.

The looting doesn't bother me because of the way the modding system works.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding

10+ Year Old Account

Bioware made Normal mode for those to wish to raid but don't have the time to put into it. You can go straight into Normal mode with quest gear (there is even a post by Bioware on it). However, I am fairly sure in order to do Hard you will need to get some gear out of the way through Normal mode and the same with Nightmare. It would be stupidly pointless if you didn't need to farm the gear through those different settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Bioware made Normal mode for those to wish to raid but don't have the time to put into it. You can go straight into Normal mode with quest gear (there is even a post by Bioware on it). However, I am fairly sure in order to do Hard you will need to get some gear out of the way through Normal mode and the same with Nightmare. It would be stupidly pointless if you didn't need to farm the gear through those different settings.
    No, its pointlessly stupid to force people to farm gear through lower difficulty settings intended for other player types. There shouldn't be any difference in gear requirements between these difficulties, it should be based entirely on adding more complicated/less forgiving fight mechanics. Forcing people to farm gear through lower difficulties is exactly why many raiders are burning out and sick of WOW, BW needs to learn from these mistakes not repeat them.

Deleted
    Hi

First of all, the trooper in our 6 man video wasn't heal specced, our healer was a smuggler. The trooper was just assisting him, so his ammo managment was not perfect, cause he had to heal and do dmg. but we managed to kill him with 6 people, 1min before his enrage and that while other guilds wipe with 8 people on his enrage timer, so i think our DMG is pretty well. same goes for all encounter, we killed the second boss with 8 people over 3mins before his enrage, while other guilds wipe at 30%+ enrage.
    we killed now everything on normal mode within 3hours, including bonethrasher and we tested already 2 hard modes with normal mode flashpoint equipment(cause our loot was complettly bugged from eternity vault and we couldn't loot it).
    i think its pretty well tuned and some things are rly challangeing, but with the right tactics its all handable.
    especially the 2 Tower before the first boss are rly rly hard on hard mode and i hope they will stay like that on live!
    btw they changed all bosses a lot the last days and i dont think its possible now with normal flaspoint gear to kill the first boss with 6 people.
    Last edited by mmoc621832e3dd; 2011-12-04 at 10:18 PM.

No, its pointlessly stupid to force people to farm gear through lower difficulty settings intended for other player types. There shouldn't be any difference in gear requirements between these difficulties, it should be based entirely on adding more complicated/less forgiving fight mechanics. Forcing people to farm gear through lower difficulties is exactly why many raiders are burning out and sick of WOW, BW needs to learn from these mistakes not repeat them.
    I am fairly sure this is untrue as I see numerous heroic FL geared people doing the LFR everytime i go into it. WoW raiders like to raid, a large portion still wish that 10 and 25 mans were on different lockouts so they could be cleared multiple times. The long time raiders are burning out and sick of WoW because it has been years in the game and they are just sick of it. LFR has opened up "raiding" to a whole new demographic and I would bargain to say that Blizzard could lose a good number of the hard cores and still very well since the masses love the LFR.

Secondly, you think that there should be no gearing up requirements to doing harder difficulty modes? This isn't a gears of war where you simply turn on hard mode and can do it due to your l33t point and aim skills. It is an MMO part of doing more difficult content is the gearing up aspect. If anyone in quest gear could go into the hardest mode raids and complete them, the content would no last long at all and would be a retarded idea to implement from the devs.

I think the key is balancing those 2 things and having harder mode encounters have interesting tactics that need to be executed and requiring a certain level of performance (gearing).
    Last edited by jearle; 2011-12-04 at 10:16 PM.

Looks good actually. There will be something to do at max level after all

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I am fairly sure this is untrue as I see numerous heroic FL geared people doing the LFR everytime i go into it. WoW raiders like to raid, a large portion still wish that 10 and 25 mans were on different lockouts so they could be cleared multiple times. The long time raiders are burning out and sick of WoW because it has been years in the game and they are just sick of it. LFR has opened up "raiding" to a whole new demographic and I would bargain to say that Blizzard could lose a good number of the hard cores and still very well since the masses love the LFR.

Secondly, you think that there should be no gearing up requirements to doing harder difficulty modes? This isn't a gears of war where you simply turn on hard mode and can do it due to your l33t point and aim skills. It is an MMO part of doing more difficult content is the gearing up aspect. If anyone in quest gear could go into the hardest mode raids and complete them, the content would no last long at all and would be a retarded idea to implement from the devs.

I think the key is balancing those 2 things and having harder mode encounters have interesting tactics that need to be executed and requiring a certain level of performance (gearing).
    It's actually quite true. The reason why I'd bet at least half of those heroic FL geared people, including myself, are doing it? Same reason the top 100 guilds exploited the LFR bug, a lot of those 384 piece are big upgrades, especially the t13 4 pieces(which for some classes the 384 4 piece outweighs 391 t12). Secondly you're also using brand new not even end of first week of release content to counter that guy's argument against long term burn out. Let's see how many of those heroic geared FL people are doing LFR raids on their mains in a month. Normal modes are a huge part of what's burned me out on WoW because for me they cheapen the accomplishment of the hard mode. Where as before I got a whole brand new fight to consume and we knocked them down one by one now by the time an average guild gets a decent amount of hard modes down they've farmed most if not all the normal modes for months. Want to work on heroic Deathbringer? Well can't take too long because you've gotta zerg through the remaining normal modes to help gear up or else get an earful of people bitching about loot. Outside of a few truly awesome fights that are quite different from normal to heroic mode most fights were just bland and unoriginal after you'd done the normal mode for months. It's a very specific thing that has made the game just that much less interesting/content not last as long for myself and a lot of the people I play with. I raid on a lot of different characters because I have a few different grounds I enjoy playing with and I enjoy the variety, but doing dragon soul 12 times a week would wear on anyone. It's a double edged sword of good and bad I guess is what I'm saying.

That's not to say that there wasn't a similar problem before, I ran kara into the ground, but the difference there is my main was doing level 4 and my alts were spread out from 1-4 not every character I play doing 4 multiple times a week.

Also I don't see the issue with the person you quoted's line of progression. If the key idea here is fight difficulty why should you have to do normal modes just to begin hard modes? Why is it so absurdly unreasonable to instead of forcing players to gear grind through a difficulty below their desired level of play before they can even begin progression on their desired difficulty and then begin that entire gear grind again? You can still do normal modes to maybe give you an extra leg up(it depends on how they structure itemlevel progression for each difficulty as to whether or not this will be worth it) or help a friend but a serious minded progression player isn't forced to run it to remain competitive. The top guilds by and large already do this, they don't farm normal modes for a month before attempting hard modes they go right into hard mode progression and let the normal mode slowly accrue with the freshly downed HMs. Most of us average folks require that little extra normal mode umph in ilvl but I'd be pretty happy if ToR didn't make it feel like as much of a requirement.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account

Spare me. The raiders who push heroic content DO NOT BY AND LARGE wait to farm gear from the easier modes. They go ahead and push heroics as soon as possible. They clear it in blues. The good ones do at any rate.

---------- Post added 2011-12-04 at 11:37 PM ----------

FYI tracers it may be hard to come by videos of the SOA. He is still currently bugged and the DH live stream gave up after the second attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally an aesthetically pleasing raid, been waiting for that since Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing, not sure if it's just me being all tired and ill, but the links for Puzzle Boss and Individual boss on the main page seem to go to the same vid...

Overall though FRAK I can't wait to start raiding again, got bored of raiding in WoW and want something a bit more... fun, looks to me like Swtor will be that game

Now I just need to get the game, get to 50, get a decent guild and some gear.... no probs

Also I 100% approve of the '2tank 8 man, 3tank 16' idea, as a tank myself it was so lame that like 1/2 the bosses in FL where 1tankable, mostly because me and our other tanks all hated Dps... funnily enough that's why we rolled TANKS... not Dps
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30