Thread: divine storm

divine storm

who thinks it would be cool if there was a proc that let you use divine storm and crusader strike not share a CD for like 10 seconds or until used.

It would be neat, but it's not going to happen at this point. In MoP, divine storm is becoming an AoE finisher, while ret gets Hammer of the Righteous as an AoE holy power generator.

*shrug*

ok then even better

a proc that gives divine storm HP instead of draining it

Deleted
    no, I dont want more aoe attacks in single target 'rotation' its just retarded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    Agree.
    butneed10chars

Quote Originally Posted by pavulon View Post
    holy wrath and consecration say hi.

i miss using divine storm. ret aoe feels so impotent even with righteousness up.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

i miss using divine storm. ret aoe feels so impotent even with righteousness up.
    Off topic, but the aliasing in your signature makes my eyes hurt.

I seem to do just fine as ret for aoe. And by fine I mean good enough to run regulars competitively, but heroics I don't like holding the group back with my bouncy numbers. In crappy (er gear, ie 378 and not 391) i pull about 27-29k doing aoe on average. Then single target only fights like Shannox Heroic I do about 19-21k. Everyone knows about the RNG problems of the previous patch, so no reason to mention that it aoe can get as low as 21k. I think the most important thing I found was after an AoW proc to just hit tab to let the next proc tick on a different mob. I also tab after a TV to try and keep as much uptime as possible. Bound F to seal of truth, Shift+F to righteous and just switch to truth on about the third mob left to get back into my single target rotation.

I love the throught of getting HotR as Ret and DS as a finisher. As long as im not relegated to using CS + Righteous to do my primary AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the divine storm animation and It was just a great spell all together in Wrath. And the arguement that blizzard gives for it not being spamable like before is that they dont want people using aoe in non-aoe situations. But, have a look at howling blast....It's a cone sure. But, it's a spamable aoe that hits just as hard as a single target attack just like old timey Divine Storm. So what I'm saying is, it'd be super if they took it and cs off the same cd and let us use it in our rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

Hence why Holy Wrath is going away, and Consecration is in a difficult position. Currently Blizzard hasnt finalized the mana-regen model for Ret and Prot, so far all they tossed in there is +10% mana regen. Which cant be enough to facilitate the use of 8-15% of your base mana for basic attacks. Were basemana is pretty much the same as total mana for prot and ret. And Consecration is the extreme with 55% basemana cost.