Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccecil View Post
    OK for those of you that don't actually read mmo-champion....

In patch 4.3 we’re changing the daily battleground (BG) to reward 100 conquest for a win (up from 25). In addition, every non-rated BG that you win will also give you 50 conquest. There is no limit to how many BGs you can run this way, up to the normal conquest cap.
    which means arena players will either have to get enough rating week 1 to get their arena cap with it's 22%~(not exact) less height than the rated bg's cap or do some random battlegrounds to get the last 100ish points or spent week 1 un-ratedbg-caped conquest

Seeing how arena raises the cap so much slower and is the only form of CP pvp that cant cap out on its own a large amount of random or casual players are going to quit or play much much less. Hopefully Blizz addresses this in the future or this will slowly eat away at the arena player base. Sure ppl will say seriouse arena players will keep doing it but ppl quit all the time and todays bad arena player could be tomorrows good one, if they never start though due to a broken system the ranks arent resupplied.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Since the times of my chilhood i wanted to sing. However my voice is very casual. I also am very casual with driving, I confuse the pedals and you can imagine it's very casual to hit a stone wall full speed.

Basically we are using the word casual wrong. Casual doesn't mean bad. Doing something everyday for 1 hour is not casual, considering 4.2 boredom it's pretty hardcore.

But yeah on topic, mmr will be fixed in the first two hours so not a big issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baergrillz View Post
    Happens every season isn't new, just saying.
    No it doesn't... it only happens when MMR gets reset. PR and TR only get reset, usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    There's a .5% chance of that happening.
    I lol'd... and it's true, haha.

It is going to be tough, but the beggining of the season is going to be the time for not only the great players but the casual players to boost their rating's to as high as possible, VERY QUICKLY. How high that rating goes is solely based on your skill ofc.

andddddddddddd casuals won't play arenas for a few weeks anyways so none of this matters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mööh View Post
    Meh wont be that bad. You win some you loose some.
    *Lose

To OP: Well, obviously. Give them some good training, only get better playing against those better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    Since the times of my chilhood i wanted to sing. However my voice is very casual. I also am very casual with driving, I confuse the pedals and you can imagine it's very casual to hit a stone wall full speed.

Basically we are using the word casual wrong. Casual doesn't mean bad. Doing something everyday for 1 hour is not casual, considering 4.2 boredom it's pretty hardcore.

But yeah on topic, mmr will be fixed in the first two hours so not a big issue.
    How dare you being rational on these forums? Preposterous!

Deleted
    As of today (late S9 season), undergeared people already face people with rank 2 weapons. I went into an arena with my war 1 month or so ago, it dinged like 1 week earlier, I did 15-20 matchs (begining at 0 MMR, as it was a new char who just popped 85) and faced 3 rank 2 weapons teams.

The system is more broken than ever, next season will be the same with all the win trading and team rotating.

Deleted
    doesnt this happen every seasons? i dont usually do arena for the first few days of a new season.

I would think this is the best time to play as a casual...

-the pro teams are probably taking a break because there's no reward other than smashing faces.

- more casuals than ever should join (like me), motivated by the reward (free conquest points for every bg, till capped)

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    As a PVPer just returning from 4.0, thanks for the heads-up!

Deleted
    Meh, you won't feel the effect of a MMR reset because:

Right now (well, before they locked rated queueing) you would meet a lot of people with T2 at 1500-2000 rating because of either team hopping, them joining with randoms for cap or just simply helping out alts to get their cap. Just give it a few hrs and they'll be long up the system for you to never meet them - that is, if you're a casual.

Call me crazy but I can't tell a difference between most 1550 teams and 1800 teams, or most 1800 teams and most 2200 teams.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will feel sorry for the first teams I face tomorrow in arena.

Assuming Arena Casuals still exist and haven't all resolved to doing BGs for the conquest cap.

Meh. New teams with casual players and mediocre gear will get slaughtered at the 1500 rating anyway, doesn't matter when they start. Especially if they don't put much thought into their comp. I've been there. Take it as a learning experience.

More grinding! Woop woop

Lose or win, it's all irrelevant as you just end up grinding the same crap you did last season

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yeah it'll suck in the first few weeks but it will be worth it long-term to get the exploiters out of their place.
    This^
    I will gladly get curb stomped for a few weeks to remove the exploiters.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //