Poll: Are you Attractive

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Cool Do people find you Attractive?

While listening to a Chris Rock show. He made a joke about "I can tell what kinda seat's you have, just by looking at you. Pretty people are in the front row and the other's are in the back" while the content he made it purely in a joke. It really got me thinking.

I once knew a girl when I was 19, she was blonde with a nice body. Dark green eyes. However she had no work experience. She applied for a job at the local subway. In a small town such as mine you have people of all ages, gender and background. I firmly believe that she was picked for how beautiful she was at the expense of her "lack of experience"(And no I didn't apply to that subway)

What do thing's all have in common? "Handsome/Beautiful" well I have one more item to publish written by CNN. It showed people who are beautiful no matter earn more money. The information below but in response to today's media. Socail website's begging you to plug your default picture. In an age where "Facebook" is a multi billion dollar empire. Are you confident in the way you look?, if you could change anything what would it be?- These questions you can provide a response detailing your reason.

"Poll Question: Are you attractive

CNN new's study report:

The ugly truth, according to economics professors Daniel Hamermesh of the University of Texas and Jeff Biddle of Michigan State University, is that plain people earn 5 percent to 10 percent less than people of average looks, who in turn earn 3 percent to 8 percent less than those deemed good-looking.

These findings concur with other research that shows the penalty for being homely exceeds the premium for beauty and that across all occupations, the effects are greater for men than women.

A London Guildhall University survey of 11,000 33-year-olds found that unattractive men earned 15 percent less than those deemed attractive, while plain women earned 11 percent less than their prettier counterparts.

In their report "Beauty, Productivity and Discrimination: Lawyers', Looks and Lucre," Hamermesh and Biddle found that the probability of a male attorney attaining early partnership directly correlates with how handsome he is.

Size matters, too. A study released last year by two professors at the University of Florida and University of North Carolina found that tall people earn considerably more money throughout their careers than their shorter co-workers, with each inch adding about $789 a year in pay.

A survey of male graduates of the University of Pittsburgh found that the tallest students' average starting salary was 12 percent higher than their shorter colleagues'. The London Guildhall study showed that overweight women are more likely to be unemployed and that those who are working earn on average 5 percent less than their trimmer peers.

According to Dr. Gordon Patzer, who has spent more than three decades studying and writing about physical attractiveness, human beings are hard-wired to respond more favorably to attractive people. Even studies of babies show they will look more intently and longer at prettier faces.

"Good-looking men and women are generally judged to be more talented, kind, honest and intelligent than their less attractive counterparts," Patzer says. "Controlled studies show people go out of their way to help attractive people -- of the same and opposite sex -- because they want to be liked and accepted by good-looking people."

These conclusions may not sound too pretty to those of us who were dealt a bad hand in the looks department. But don't rush off to try out for the next round of "Extreme Makeover" just yet.

Despite what the research says, some of the world's most successful people have been ordinary looking at best, and you would never mistake the faces in Fortune for those in Esquire or Entertainment Weekly. Business legends are often of average height (Bill Gates at 5 feet 9 inches) or even diminutive (Jack Welch, 5 feet 8 inches, and Ross Perot, 5 feet 7 inches). What's more, many folks who are lovely to look at complain that they lose out on jobs because people assume they are vacuous or lightweights.

How does this reconcile with all the research? Hiring managers say it is the appearance of confidence they find attractive, not the presence of physical beauty. And they contend that attractiveness has more to do with how you carry yourself and the energy you exude -- rather than having perfect features or a great physique.

According to Gordon Wainright, author of "Teach Yourself Body Language," anyone can increase their attractiveness to others if they maintain good eye contact, act upbeat, dress well (with a dash of color to their wardrobe) and listen well.

Wainright also stresses the importance of posture and bearing and suggests that for one week you stand straight, tuck in your stomach, hold your head high and smile at those you meet.

Based on many such experiments, Wainwright predicts you will begin to be treated with more warmth and respect and start attracting more people to you.

Obviously attractive.

I get hit on less now that I [proudly] wear a wedding ring, but I still get 'hollered at.' Lol >.<

Hard to say really isn't it without your ego getting in the way.

I wouldn't say i'm ugly, i'm fairly athletic, but i'm certainly not the sort of guy all the girls would drool over. My girlfriend things i'm good looking, and really that is all I care about >; )

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm chunky, but I can still charm the ladies

My girlfriend won't let me though

"Plain people" and "average looks" translates to the same thing to me. Did the guy who wrote the article not want to say "ugly people"?

Deleted
    I have no idea, because I honestly pay no attention to others when outside. I can walk straight past someone I've known forever without noticing, so I can't say I notice any appreciative winks or repulsed gazes.

Deleted
    No, but I sure as hell can still get 'em ladies if I want to...

unless I wake up.

I consider myself pretty attractive, and I'm fairly certain my girlfriend does, I'm also pretty charming if I can say.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea. I work behind a desk all day and don't distribute my picture all over the internet.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I find it unlikely that they do... But then I am a mardy git
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

This study has been around for decades and its quite accurate. Because of my gym build and solid sharp jaw(I find myself everyday looking at other jaw lines and mine has not been beaten in terms of prominence ), I tend to get deals enough to become a hookup. Specifically for cars. It doesn't hurt to know how to "Bullshit" in business manners either.
    Also, there seems to be a general form of attractiveness even though everyone has different tastes. I haven't myself spent time on figuring out what this general form is but there is a pattern. Any ideas who have actually looked? I'm curious. (Hope I don't derail)
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm smokin' hot. Not gonna lie.

I've never had to pay for anything.

My wife finds me attractive so that's all I'm really worried about... According to her though quite a few of her friends have stated to her about it as well though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get wildly varying feedback, when I get any at all. I do get stares a lot (makes me paranoid as hell) but I think that can often be attributed to the fact that I draw attention to myself, not being overly attractive. I've been described as cute, but rarely been called "hot" or "sexy" to my face (though it has happened, just couldn't tell if serious). While it doesn't mean much to me, it's probably worth noting that other guys have told me that I'm one of the ugliest bastards they've ever seen (also not sure if serious).

If I had to guess, I'd say most people find me unattractive, based on a good deal of evidence.

~I'm rarely happy with pictures of myself, and realize its probably not just the camera.
    ~I feel like most people think they're better looking than they really are, and I think I look like shit.
    ~Girls never approach me like they do with other guys (though that may be because I always look mean. I try not too but I can't help it)

On the bright side, I have perfect hair and an amazing beard, so that may save me from dying alone and hideous.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    My beer gut and handlebar moustache say yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    I like to think myself handsome/charming more than attractive, but I won't be so bold as to claim i'm either or neither.
    Last edited by mmoc6653dda655; 2011-11-29 at 06:21 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to think so. Though I feel as if it's usually my personality more than my physical appearance.

People have always found me attractive, yes
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    I find myself horribly looking though my female friend(s) wonders why I'm single albeit being good looking :S I'm not sure are they lying just make me feel better or just have a bad taste.