The team with the most bots on it usually loses...

Does anyone else feel like this is what Battlegrounds have come to?

Kind of pathetic, how hard is it to ban third-party software, or is Blizzard afraid to ban accounts that are actively paying a subscription while subscibers are on the decline?

You made a thread without doing any research at all?

You report bot
    Blizzard watches them and figures out what programs they use and how to detect it
    They then figure out what breaks said programs
    Blizzard does a ban wave.

OT: But yeah, whichever has the least usually wins. You could always go with guildies/friends or do RBGs instead.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-11-30 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post

You report bot
    Blizzard watches them and figures out what programs they use and how to detect it

OT: But yeah, whichever has the least usually wins. You could always go with guildies/friends or do RBGs instead.

There isn't a "report a bot" feature... So I write a ticket for 3-4 players (10+ for Isle of Conquest / Alterac Valley) every single Battleground while trying to competitively play the game? That sounds like a lot of fun. With that being said, it took me 8 hours to get a response from the last time someone ninja looted from a raid, and nothing of consequence happened.

Exploiters don't get banned, and I know people in real-life who have been using bots for years now. Only now it's getting so out of hand that you actually feel stupid for playing the game because none of your friends are. They're just using bots.

If Blizzard hadn't been so scared to ban people because of Rift, the current PVP game wouldn't be destroyed by the abuse you see commonplace now. Seriously, even Arenas aren't about skill, but rather about manipulating the MMR system.
    Last edited by Jersovic; 2011-11-30 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    There isn't a "report a bot" feature... So I write a ticket for 3-4 players (10+ for Isle of Conquest / Alterac Valley) every single Battleground while trying to competitively play the game? That sounds like a lot of fun. And they don't get banned, I know people in real-life who have been using bots for years now. Only now it's getting so out of hand that you actually feel stupid for playing the game because none of your friends are.
    Report AFK, it does the same thing as Reporting a bot via a ticket and they do get banned.

Off-topic: Your friend issue is a personal one. Make new friends?

There isn't a "report a bot" feature... So I write a ticket for 3-4 players (10+ for Isle of Conquest / Alterac Valley) every single Battleground while trying to competitively play the game? That sounds like a lot of fun. And they don't get banned, I know people in real-life who have been using bots for years now. Only now it's getting so out of hand that you actually feel stupid for playing the game because none of your friends are.
    No but you report them away multiple times or you can open a ticket. A GM once posted that even if the bots are not automatically kicked from the BG, after so many "reports" they start to look at the logs to see what was going on and then they take action. This GM said the most important part was the players to keep reporting even if they thought no actions were being taken cause that was not the case.-

Oh prepare... prepare for the Wrath of the Bots!
    5-6 bots per BG coming near you.
    Starting December 6th (US) and 7th (EU).

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else feel like this is what Battlegrounds have come to?

Kind of pathetic, how hard is it to ban third-party software, or is Blizzard afraid to ban accounts that are actively paying a subscription while subscibers are on the decline?
    The only time I remember when there was no bots in PvP is the old PvP system, and before the cross server BG's if there was a dick in a game, you simply kicked him out of the group and goodbye Honnor :P
    Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world.

Report AFK, it does the same thing as Reporting a bot via a ticket and they do get banned.

Off-topic: Your friend issue is a personal one. Make new friends?
    lol the person I am talking about is a combat veteran, and volunteer paramedic, but yeah, I need to stop being real life friends with him because he doesn't think mind numbing digital fishing for hours on end to be competitive with the chinese-inflated gold market is a priority in life.

video games = real life.

lol the person I am talking about is a combat veteran, and volunteer paramedic, but yeah, I need to stop being real life friends with him because he doesn't think mind numbing digital fishing for hours on end to be competitive with the chinese-inflated gold market is a priority in life.

video games = real life.
    Read again.

M A K E ||| N E W ||| F R I E N D S

You don't have to stop being friends with that guy - There is no 'cap' on your friends, in case you didn't know. So you don't always have to bug, erm... Be with the same person.

Pro-tip: You can make more money on the AH rather than farming. No need to feel competitive when you can rake in the gold from said gold-farmers.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-12-01 at 11:46 AM.

You report bot
    This and a half. Blizzard can't monitor every single BG going on at every moment in time. Any reports from players will help greatly. You also need to keep in mind that people don't use bots that are so easily detectible (unless they're dumb.)

At this point you're probably thinking of replying with "BLIZZARD IS A MULTI-GILLION DOLLAR COPRERATION THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS!" Yes, yes they should, and they do. It just takes time to find the patterns and reverse-engineer to figure out exactly what the bot does and how to detect it. If you haven't touched a programming language or done any sort of quality assurance in your life, I don't recommend commenting on the process.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    idk why people complain about bots, maybe im just lucky but i almost never see bots ever in bgs. Rampage Battlegroup ftw!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    idk why people complain about bots, maybe im just lucky but i almost never see bots ever in bgs. Rampage Battlegroup ftw!
    you're not lucky, you just don't know how to tell if someone's a bot, which also completely negates everyone here saying to just report them. the new bots get in combat constantly and even fight, not the best fighters but they will spam their abilities. some will just constantly ride to objectives and attempt to take them, even if it's 5v1.

dunno bout you sir, but its been like that for me since BC.

ever since the implemented the farmable honor gear.

so have you only just noticed this? coz thats a fairly enormous time frame there mate

If I can watch my bot cap flags, kill obvious human (probably closer to neanderthals from what I've seen though) controlled players without a chance of losing, and get in the top 4 on damage in most BG's speaks volumes on the caliber of player you will encounter in BG's. People bot because it is more grieving to play on team retard than to simply set up a bot that against all odds still beats them. It's pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    'i only do random bgs except with 4 other rl friends, and we never lose unless the other team also has a guild group. then we still win because we are all in the same room and can communicate faster then typing.
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    'i only do random bgs except with 4 other rl friends, and we never lose unless the other team also has a guild group. then we still win because we are all in the same room and can communicate faster then typing.
    Yelling in the same room is definitely faster than communicating over skype. All guilds type as well.