Jedi Knight Sentinel, Combat tree.

I was looking at the jedi knight sentinel and looked under the combat tree, wanting to just compare the other tree's within the sentinel AC. But when I came to the first tier of the combat tree, I was stuck on one certain talent. Defensive Forms: Builds one Centering when attacked. When they say this, im not sure if they mean when like attacked physically like a tank would, some aoe that a boss or npc or player would cast, or just for being in combat in general. Can anyone help me on this and confrim which it is? Thanks!

Probably being attacked by an ability targeted at you. So probably all direct, non-AoE damage. I imagine this would be used in PvP or perhaps even by a Sentinel attempting to do some minor off-tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Centering is a new resource they gave sentinels as a buff. Basically once they reach max centering they can give their party members a big massive buff kind of like blood lust. And yeah, I would assume it's all damage directed towards you.

Thanks! This was what I was thinking as well, so its good to see this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Probably being attacked by an ability targeted at you. So probably all direct, non-AoE damage. I imagine this would be used in PvP or perhaps even by a Sentinel attempting to do some minor off-tanking.

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 08:11 PM ----------

Yea I made the same comparison when my friends asked about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Centering is a new resource they gave sentinels as a buff. Basically once they reach max centering they can give their party members a big massive buff kind of like blood lust. And yeah, I would assume it's all damage directed towards you.

You should take the talent for the extra centering as well as the +15% run speed bonus you get in Ataru form.

And this is what will most likely be the raid combat spec

http://www.torhead.com/calculator/sk...hGMrddMorsZG.1

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get an ability that gives you 30 stacks off it, so it can be used in PVE also. I'll have a browse for the name of it and link it when I find it.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post
    You get an ability that gives you 30 stacks off it, so it can be used in PVE also. I'll have a browse for the name of it and link it when I find it.
    EDIT: Found it

http://www.torhead.com/ability/8QlQhl9

Valorous Call
    Instant
    Let loose a valorous call, immediately building 30 stacks of Centering.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed

Ah yea thats true...hmm, ive been away from any MMO for awhile I kinda forget movement speed is usally important haha. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    You should take the talent for the extra centering as well as the +15% run speed bonus you get in Ataru form.

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 09:46 AM ----------

Oh wow...yea I remember seeing that somewhere, but the CD on it isnt to bad, should be extremely helpful. Appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traces View Post

---------- Post added 2011-11-30 at 10:02 AM ----------

EDIT: Found it

http://www.torhead.com/ability/8QlQhl9

Valorous Call
    Instant
    Let loose a valorous call, immediately building 30 stacks of Centering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post

Given the amount of time Slash will most likely be used compared to Force Sweep I'd say the Swift Slash talent in Focus tree is better then Quick Recovery

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    Given the amount of time Slash will most likely be used compared to Force Sweep I'd say the Swift Slash talent in Focus tree is better then Quick Recovery
    Blade Rush Replaces slash for combat.

Quick recovery talent reduces the focus cost for Force Sweep and Cyclone Slash and the CD on Force Sweep both of these are AoE skills, which will come in handy in a raid/flash point.